Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline day

• 01-02-2015 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭

Woohoo, less than 2 hours to go to Deadline day, the favourite event on Sky Sports News.
    So far its been the dullest transfer window I can remember , with really only city and Chelsea strengthening.

Ah well, I'm sure Arrry has a few deals up his sleeve , which will be revealed from the old interview from the car window.

The hyped up excitement around tea time tomorrow is what its all about , as the Sky rumour machine goes into overdrive.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Skys coverage has seriously jumped the shark over the last few windows. I've watched the last two deadline days on the BBC red button. They have cameras in the BBC live 5 studio. Far better coverage.
    Although nothings going to happen tomorrow other than Harry Redknapp bringing in more rubbish on overinflated contracts so I may not even bother with that.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The most overhyped day in the footballing calender :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Summer deadline I can live with, January normally bores the pants off me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Even Redknapp isn't going to save this. I'm going to predict that we'll see a few loans and that'll be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

'Arry's down to the bare bones. He'll have to bring in a few bodies. What's Joe Cole at these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

The transfer window so far

tumbleweed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Love everything about Deadline Day, Sky really do make the exchanging of contracts one the most exciting days in the year :pac:

Hoping to see some ridiculous transfer like Ronaldinho signing for Burnley or Kaka turning up in the back of Harry Redknapp's car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Meh it hasn't been good in the last two years !!

I hope no club buys anyone.

The cult of Jim White encapsulates all that is wrong with Sky, the dildo moment introduced a gravitas it did not deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ah the purple dildo. #neverforget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Blue dildo happened at Everton iirc, I believe Sky have requested no fan interaction today to prevent it or other such actions happening again, was one of the funniest things I have ever seen on tv. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yeah apparently the reporters will be inside the club buildings rather than outside with the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah apparently the reporters will be inside the club buildings rather than outside with the fans.

End of an era I suppose, it's not like the players are brought in for the fans to see though most deals won't be disclosed until tomorrow if indeed any are even done today.

End of an era I suppose...

Revie leaving Elland Road, Gradi finishing with Crewe as manager and going upstairs, Busby retiring, Jackie Jameson finishing up, they were ends of eras.

Sky not having journos standing in car parks saying "undisclosed sum" and "subject to medical"? End of nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

How is Jim White gonna get over-excited when there's nothing happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

I can't wait to see the footage of Jim White entering the Sky building or the footage of Jim White in make up.

Then, and only then, will I know that football's truly eaten itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Zero interest in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just stuck it on now and theres a guy at the Villa training ground. From what I can see, Villa train in the local park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

West Ham bid 7m for Gomis.

So it begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

How is Jim White gonna get over-excited when there's nothing happening?
    2511_sawyer.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

a good take on the transfer deadline day from joe.ie

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/transfer-deadline-day-guide-premier-league/11083

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

MD1990 wrote: »
    2511_sawyer.jpeg

And let's not forget.....

B7Kx3ozIUAQHCve.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

^^^^^^^^^^

zyg59cyp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jim White in makeup and Real Madrid sell the naming rights to the Bernabeu.

Football is on life support for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

If you cannot enjoy deadline day for what it is then you need to lighten up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

If you cannot enjoy deadline day for what it is then you need to lighten up.

But it's nothing only bullshít really tho! Lies, lies and more lies!
    And nobody likes Jim White, bet he was sick yesterday :D

kfallon wrote: »
    But it's nothing only bullshít really tho! Lies, lies and more lies!
    And nobody likes Jim White, bet he was sick yesterday :D

Nobody likes Jim White???? What planet is this on?

So even though his name trends from sunrise to midnight and the day has been named after him, "nobody" likes him? He even seems remarkabley popular with his colleagues.

I always have to lol when the tiny minority think they are the majority

Jim White is a legend. Who else can make a move for Effe Ambrose sound exciting?

Sky know that generally its not that exciting of a day but the are brilliant at hyping it up and Jim White is the perfect guy for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Nobody likes Jim White???? What planet is this on?

Earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Can't stand him or the circus that goes with it.

Would much prefere a vidiprint style approach to the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

this has to be the dullest deadline day since the financial glory days have EPL commenced. With not even any QPR rumours, I'm getting worried there will be no stressed Arry from the car window interview .
    The bbc are dedicating a program tonight to all the goings on today , the only one of slight note is Huth to leicester , and thats a loan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

springfield_mesa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

rob316 wrote: »
    Jim White is a legend. Who else can make a move for Effe Ambrose sound exciting?

Sky know that generally its not that exciting of a day but the are brilliant at hyping it up and Jim White is the perfect guy for it.

That would be exciting news for the opposition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wilfred Zaha signed by er Crystal Palace for 3 million. Nice work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

So has the Jim and Natalie combo been broke up? I see she is on now,

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Wilfred Zaha signed by er Crystal Palace for 3 million. Nice work!

Wonder is there add ons. big loss for united on him. Although may have made a few quid on loan fees from palace and cardiff. was he not 15million or so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Sammy Eto could be on the move again, has fell out with Sampdoria after only a week refused to take part in a double training session after they got hammered at the weekend. Cant move to another European club though having played for two clubs already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

3 million for zaha is an absolute steal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It seems Sky are actually trying to make the Deadline Day even more boring........Thierry Henry is on soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

How come he never got a look in at Utd? Bad attitude or? Has looked useful since returning to Palace imo and he destroyed the Championship the season they came up before his move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Matri on loan to.....juve? They love the loan market over there. That's his 4th club in 2 seasons.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    How come he never got a look in at Utd? Bad attitude or? Has looked useful since returning to Palace imo and he destroyed the Championship the season they came up before his move.

Poor attitude by all accounts. £15m was a ridiculous fee for a championship player. Tom Ince was as good at the same time and look where he is now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sammy Eto could be on the move again, has fell out with Sampdoria after only a week refused to take part in a double training session after they got hammered at the weekend. Cant move to another European club though having played for two clubs already.

Maybe he can move to a galaxy far far away...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

All sorts of rumours about his time at United. Obviously moyes didn't fancy him but that is definitely no reason to write him off. Loads of players have had difficulty at one club or another and just moved on to prove themselves with somebody else. Just look at pogba at the moment, couldn't get a game for United and is now one of the top midfielders in Europe.

I'm not saying zaha is going to be that good but he looks to have everything needed. He needs a good manager though and pardew has a record of messing players like him around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

It didn't help Zaha that when he teamed up with the United squad, it wasn't the manager who signed him that was in charge. Then he gets the boot and another manager is appointed. I feel sorry for him tbh because he looked like someone with real prospects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Transfer News Site ‏@TransferSite 22s22 seconds ago
    Wolfsburg have completed the signing of Chelsea's André Schürrle. Official confirmation expected soon. (Di Marzio)

Wouldn't have minded him on loan until the summer. Jose must feel that Liverpool are a genuine threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Just stuck it on now and theres a guy at the Villa training ground. From what I can see, Villa train in the local park.

It's Bodymore Heath, among the best training complexes in world football. Although you wouldn't think it by the team's output.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

klose wrote: »
    Matri on loan to.....juve? They love the loan market over there. That's his 4th club in 2 seasons.

Juve love signing a back up striker for the second half of the season. Borriello, Osvaldo, Anelka, Bendtner and now Matri. They've all won a league medal too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement