Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the closest bus stop to ITB???

• 01-02-2015 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

Could possibly be going to IT Blanch in September and am wondering what buses will
    a) bring me closest to it
    b) where the buses go through so I can look for suitable accommodation somewhere on the direct bus route and
    c) how long of a walk it is to the college from the bus stop.

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It depends on where you're living tbh.

There's a shuttle bus that goes from Starbucks (beside the retail park) from the Blanchardstown every hour. €1 per trip or you can buy a weekly ticket. It originates from Coolmine train station AFAIK and terminates at ITB itself.

The 38 (or is it 38A?) goes through Corduff and is probably the closest you'll get using Dublin Bus.

The 220 goes from Finglas but it goes all over the world before it gets to Corduff which is only across the road but it depends on which bus stops it uses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Hi all starting evening course at itb next week,will be coming over from cavan direction on 109.

at which point i should get off in blanch since info online is outdated some say slip road other info shows not too far from hotel if memory serves me correctly.

Ill be taking shuttle to itb-at starbucks,but it wont be running after course is done so,not sure again which busses to go back from Corduff to shopping center and which bus stop serves 109 back to cavan.

thanks for any info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

scamalert wrote: »
    Hi all starting evening course at itb next week,will be coming over from cavan direction on 109.

at which point i should get off in blanch since info online is outdated some say slip road other info shows not too far from hotel if memory serves me correctly.

Ill be taking shuttle to itb-at starbucks,but it wont be running after course is done so,not sure again which busses to go back from Corduff to shopping center and which bus stop serves 109 back to cavan.

thanks for any info.

I'm not entirely sure which stop you should get off at but returning back to Cavan, the 109 bus goes from the bus stop right across the road from Captain America's at Blanch Shopping Centre.

It's a bit of a trek from the college to walk it so if you know anyone from your course heading back that way, you should ask for a lift.

Good luck with the course and if you have any other questions, you could ring the students union office. They'll have more information.

thanks for the info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure which stop you should get off at but returning back to Cavan, the 109 bus goes from the bus stop right across the road from Captain America's at Blanch Shopping Centre.

It's a bit of a trek from the college to walk it so if you know anyone from your course heading back that way, you should ask for a lift.

Good luck with the course and if you have any other questions, you could ring the students union office. They'll have more information.

What time does the last bus leave the college do you know? I'm trying to figure it out here and I'm all confused :confused:

• Advertisement

i think its between 5-6 in the evening according to http://www.expressbus.ie/services/itb-shuttle-bus/ here

Advertisement