Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Marking Scheme

• 01-02-2015 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi.

My Irish teacher is telling us that we can be docked marks in the JC in the cluistuisceant and the comprehension questions for giving extra information in answers.

Like if the question asks for two pieces of information about something and you give 3 or 4 pieces, you will lose marks. The same for the tape, if you give additional info other than what is asked you will lose marks. Is this true?

It doesn't really make sense to me, as most of my other teachers have told me to write down as much info as possible for questions. I tried looking at the marking scheme, but it is all in Irish and I can't make sense of it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

The only reason I can think of to justify losing marks for extra information would be that seeing as the questions are in Irish, the examiner may think you didn't understand the question properly (i.e. if you write three pieces of information instead of two it could indicate that you didn't understand the number), so I suppose that could justify losing marks for the listening. I doubt they would take more than one or two marks off though, and as far as I know that system isn't even in place.
    For the comprehension you can get penalised for adding extra information only if you rewrite a whole paragraph for the answer, like if you have a vague idea of where the answer is in the text so you write down four or five sentences directly from the comprehension in the hopes that the answer will be in there somewhere rather than actually answering the question. Again, you still wouldn't lose all of the marks as long as the answer is in there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You will not lose marks for giving three answers where two were asked for.

You will lose marks if you blindly copy out two or three sentences of the comprehension, hoping to hit the right answer somewhere in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭abutler101

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DaleyBlind

I think what she might mean is that if you put down 3 instead of 2 you might risk getting 1 wrong and will only get 1 mark. Other than that I don't really know.

Advertisement