Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visitors want us to remove the cat and dog while they are staying with us

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

whatnext wrote: »
    Speaking as a 40 year old with scars on my face, neck and shoulder from being bitten by my grandparents dog when I was 14 months old. The dog was a family pet and harmless. But took a dislike to me. I was being held by my grandmother at the time.
    The scars are very faint and as I always had them never caused me an issue.
    But they had a serious impact on my grandmother. Most times I met her started with hugs, tears and apologies and this went on till she passed away.

If you stick by your guns it "could" be something you come to regret. Unlikely as it is. Just a thought... And I'm thinking of you OP, not your guests.

read the full thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭whatnext

read the full thread

Sorry, was on mobile, replied after 6 pages or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

You'd think if he threatened her and was that bad an article, she would have been willing to accept literally ANY terms and conditions for coming home on "holidays" so that she could get herself and her child safely into her home country and around people she trusts before she lets the cat out of the bag, rather than doing everything in her power to sabotage a chance at safety. Obviously I'm just speculating here but if I was afraid of someone and had the chance to get away, I wouldn't set fire to it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    You'd think if he threatened her and was that bad an article, she would have been willing to accept literally ANY terms and conditions for coming home on "holidays" so that she could get herself and her child safely into her home country and around people she trusts before she lets the cat out of the bag, rather than doing everything in her power to sabotage a chance at safety. Obviously I'm just speculating here but if I was afraid of someone and had the chance to get away, I wouldn't set fire to it :(

I think that is grossly misunderstand the effect domestic abuse, which was obviously psychological in this case, has on the victim. Obliviously it is speculation, but if he was threaten her, while she was effectively trapped in an other country, isolated from her support network, with a small baby, that is imo psychological abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Send this video to your sister in law. Her head will explode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

How are things now Karen? Did she come back with your father in law?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement