Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement goggle lens

• 02-02-2015 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Anybody know where I can get a replacement lens for my ripcurl goggles? had a bit of a run in with a snow cannon this year so the lens is finally ready for the bin! the shop I bought the goggles in has closed sadly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

Replacement goggle lenses are tricky to come by unless you are in a resort. Most of the time it is easier to buy new goggles than new lenses unless you stumble across a shop that stocks them.

Rip Curl are not a common brand for goggles which will make this harder.

Last week my goggles (Von Zipper Feenoms) got moisture in between the lenses in Whistler and I had to go to several shops before I found one that even stocked VZ (luckily there was a Billabong shop there that had them - they own VZ btw)

buying replacement lenses online is generally pricey and will be 2/3rds to 1/2 the price of a new pair of goggles as not many online shops stock them. Companies want you to buy new goggles instead of replacement lenses

Just google for them and see what you can find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

granty1987 wrote: »
    buying replacement lenses online is generally pricey and will be 2/3rds to 1/2 the price of a new pair of goggles as not many online shops stock them.

This is true - I had a pair of Oakley Splice that got scratched, I went into a ski shop to replace the lens and they were more expensive than a cheaper brand they showed me, so I bought the cheaper ones (can't remember the brand, sorry) and they're far more comfortable, and have a better field of vision, than the Oakleys.

Advertisement