Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a DJ for a wedding who will only play songs we have picked

Options
  • 02-02-2015 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a DJ for my wedding, I'm from waterford but will be getting married in Wexford, We just want someone to play from a selection of music we have picked, sounds simple but nothing could be further from the truth.

Most Professional DJs I know wont touch a wedding, so your left with dedicated wedding Dj's, most of which are awful and in the business of keeping people happy and looking for more business. My sister had a DJ at her wedding that swore he would only play the music she picked, and then went on to play cringe inducing crap like Rock The Boat (an old person requested it) and Jive Bunny, and finish the night off with the national anthem. I've been looking for months and It seems nearly impossible to find a credible DJ for my wedding.

I used to DJ myself in the late 90s and if I can't get a DJ who will only play what we want, I'll be buying/renting some speakers and just have an iPod touch playing a play list, at least the iPod touch will play what I want and not take requests from anyone else.

If you know someone who will play ball though, feel free to shoot me a private message ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

J0hnick wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a DJ for my wedding, I'm from waterford but will be getting married in Wexford, We just want someone to play from a selection of music we have picked, sounds simple but nothing could be further from the truth.

Most Professional DJs I know wont touch a wedding, so your left with dedicated wedding Dj's, most of which are awful and in the business of keeping people happy and looking for more business. My sister had a DJ at her wedding that swore he would only play the music she picked, and then went on to play cringe inducing crap like Rock The Boat (an old person requested it) and Jive Bunny, and finish the night off with the national anthem. I've been looking for months and It seems nearly impossible to find a credible DJ for my wedding.

I used to DJ myself in the late 90s and if I can't get a DJ who will only play what we want, I'll be buying/renting some speakers and just have an iPod touch playing a play list, at least the iPod touch will play what I want and not take requests from anyone else.

If you know someone who will play ball though, feel free to shoot me a private message ;-)

Looks like you're sorted so, why pay for a DJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

To be honest, a wedding dj knows what will get people up on the dance floor. I was the same as you, I was going to just go with the iPod and speakers but then I went to a wedding who did just that and tbh it didn't turn out that well with not many people dancing and no "focal point" if that makes sense. So I will be going with a dj that I've had experience with, but I've not found one yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sure if the OP used to Dj humself he knows whats what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

If you give a dj a list of songs and tell him Play only these songs it's going to sound awful. Give him a list and let him add 25% of his own songs.

Other wise you may as well just hook up an ipod to speakers and let it off.no need for a dj.

Advertisement