Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Libertines - 3Arena - 9th July

Options
  • 02-02-2015 10:03am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

10945555_10153130072124548_7967726226500454614_n.jpg?oh=f472cd82b1d0063056c01ccc86426dfe&oe=556E2190

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Great the way it's indoor even in July. Good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

extremely happy man this morning with this. Saw them in Beni last year, unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Brilliant news, never seen them live, but I have seen Babyshambles a few times and it was chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Usually I hate when people ask this but I really havent a clue here....Do people think this will sell out quick?

Usually I hate when people ask this but I really havent a clue here....Do people think this will sell out quick?

I wouldn't expect it to sell out but they do have a fairly loyal fan base. I'm not sure that they are as popular here as they are across the water so I wouldn't expect a sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Finally they announced a gig in Ireland! I reckon they'll get announced as a headliner at Reading & Leeds tonight as well so could be seeing them twice in two months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

fckin brilliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

I am no way 100% on this but I think it could sell out. They have a fairly large fan base I reckon.

I am no way 100% on this but I think it could sell out. They have a fairly large fan base I reckon.

Standing will I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Wow, am amazed that this is set for the three arena. Thought it would be a two night sold out stint at the Olympia. Will be interested to see how many go to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

As a 19 year old this excites me

I'm on o2 priority but never got the presale text, anyone know the keyword we text to 51020? Presume it's 'Libertines'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I'm on o2 priority but never got the presale text, anyone know the keyword we text to 51020? Presume it's 'Libertines'
    Got the text today. Yes it's LIBERTINES written in caps. Not sure if that matters.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Its no longer o2 - Three Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

How does someone on 3 get a presale code? I'm going to St. Vincent on the Friday so seeing this announced was very nice indeed! Should be two great gigs in two days. Would like to get presale tickets though.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Its no longer o2 - Three Arena.

I know but o2 customers still get priority tickets, yeah LIBERTINES worked, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Only just heard this now, can't believe it! Never seen them, absolutely buzzing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Was hoping they would play the Marquee in Cork but I'll try my best to wrangle my way up to the big smoke for this.

Will Standing tickets sell out quickly I wonder, don't fancy buying tickets til the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Has anyone got a pre-sale keyword from 3? A friend of mine has registered but hasn't gotten a keyword yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

BPKS wrote: »
    Was hoping they would play the Marquee in Cork

I was thinking this too,

would people think that that's definitely not going to happen?

• Advertisement

I was thinking this too,

would people think that that's definitely not going to happen?

Unlikely, the 3 arena will be more than enough

Anyone get them in the presale? Seems like went straight to saying they are unavailable after the countdown ended

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Click the 'Buy Now' link on this page: http://music.three.ie/Artist/Details/301

Got mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Got mine

threein99 wrote: »
    Anyone get them in the presale? Seems like went straight to saying they are unavailable after the countdown ended

Yup got them straight away :D

Think I used the wrong link, I was the official ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Cannot see this selling out, maybe standing
    Would have preferred to take my chances getting tickets for a 2 night stint in the Olympia. It’s another advertisement for the glaring need for a venue in between the Olypmia and the Point.
    Saw them in Hyde Pk last year and thought they’d probably sound better indoors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm planning to go on holidays around this time. Absolutely raging I'll miss them. All standing tickets at least will sell out I reckon. There was a very big crowd at The National in the o2 last time they played. Can imagine a similar sized crowd at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Bateman wrote: »
    Cannot see this selling out, maybe standing

Second the above. I completely forgot about the presale yesterday, said id chance it this morning. got tickets no problem. if that isnt a yardstick for potential bad sales i dont know what is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭bren2001

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Second the above. I completely forgot about the presale yesterday, said id chance it this morning. got tickets no problem. if that isnt a yardstick for potential bad sales i dont know what is

Absolutely no measure of how well it will sell on general sale. I got RHCP presale tickets about an hour before the presale closed for the o2 and those tickets were snapped up pretty fast on general sale. We wont know till Friday how well this is selling.

Advertisement