Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aubrey Manor, Rathcoole

Options
  • 02-02-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

We were up looking at these houses at the weekend, 2nd phase just released and seem to be largely sold over the last couple of weeks. They seem to be well built, and are good sizes but are they overpriced given the location beside the apartments and that they are over 3 floors?

Does anyone know typically how much square footage is wasted by the 2 flight of stairs / landing?
    Any info on the area in general? Safe, quiet area or would there be issues being that close to the village / apts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Grasshopper123

Hey. What did you decide about the house in the end? We are going over tomorrow to have a look. We didn't realise the estate is beside apartments which obviously is a minus of the location. We nearly bought last year in Broadfield. 330 for 4 bed so want to see how these 4 beds are and if worth the higher price. In all fairness, these look better on the pictures, more modern and bigger. Although 400k seems like a lot for 4bed in rathcoole! We are interested in cheaper 4 bed. When the houses will be ready to move in? Do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭farrerg

Hey. What did you decide about the house in the end? We are going over tomorrow to have a look. We didn't realise the estate is beside apartments which obviously is a minus of the location. We nearly bought last year in Broadfield. 330 for 4 bed so want to see how these 4 beds are and if worth the higher price. In all fairness, these look better on the pictures, more modern and bigger. Although 400k seems like a lot for 4bed in rathcoole! We are interested in cheaper 4 bed. When the houses will be ready to move in? Do you know?

All the 3 beds are gone since before last weekend, and at least 2 of the three 4 beds anyway, which is a bit annoying, you'd think they'd take them down. Only house open was 5 bed show house.

Biggest issue we had was the noise. It's so close to the motorway that there is a constant hum / din from the traffic. Inside it'd prob be fine but if you had the windows open or on a nice day if you were outside.... I think it might just be too loud to get used to or prove hard to sell on in the future. And I'd worry about the fumes but that might be me being OTT!
    They are fine houses, and seem well built, so its really just the proximity to the road but then everyone says location is key....

A 5 bed semi d is on PPR for 380 in December so the prices for this launch seem to have jumped a good bit. There is a similar sized 4 bed mid terrace in peyton, that was a show house, up for 350k so given the noise issue and the apartments so close, they might be a bit much price wise but no harm going to look. Let me know how it goes and what you think!

Did you go and have a look? What did you make of the sound from the motorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 p1605

farrerg wrote: »
    Did you go and have a look? What did you make of the sound from the motorway?

Viewed the 5 bed today. We really like the small development and the house only drawback was the tiny graden and felt very overlooked on the first and second floor. Still really considering buying one. Holding out to see what the 4 beds with garage will be like as they have 2 reception rooms.

The noise from the N7 didn't bother us, once inside we couldn't hear anything but obviously in the summer this may be an issue for some but then again I think the price reflects that compared to the 5 beds in Payton and like everything after a while you'd probably just get use to it.

Could anyone give me some insight into the area itself, what is it like? Is it safe? Currently living in Dundrum so really don't know much about it but seems very friendly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭cocoa123

If it's so close to M7 I presume there will obviously be no fresh air due to the petrol gases pollution coming from the motorway.

• Advertisement

cocoa123 wrote: »
    If it's so close to M7 I presume there will obviously be no fresh air due to the petrol gases pollution coming from the motorway.

They essentially back right onto the ESSO station after the Avoca cafe. The EA told me the builder had to build a soil bank and plant trees as a condition of planning to try and dampen the noise, but it'll take a good while before the trees have any impact!!
    There is a noise survey on the planning website but it's double dutch to me. They are lovely houses and well priced per sq foot, but I think in years to come when there is more supply and choice, re-selling might be a struggle.
    But maybe I'm overly sensitive to it and someone who has lived city centre might not care at all

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Mike3549

farrerg wrote: »
    A 5 bed semi d is on PPR for 380 in December so the prices for this launch seem to have jumped a good bit. There is a similar sized 4 bed mid terrace in peyton, that was a show house, up for 350k so given the noise issue and the apartments so close, they might be a bit much price wise but no harm going to look. Let me know how it goes and what you think!

you pay VAT @13.5% on new properties.
    if you buy new property for 400k,
    price on PPR will be 352,422.90

that means 5 bed semi you mentioned was actually sold for circa 431k

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

It looks like a great development, lovely houses with great energy ratings. We were interested until we realised how close they are to the N7. It would probably be very noisy, personally I couldn't live there because of that.

http://postimg.org/image/511o5i061/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dublinguy21

Hi, I am planning to buy house in broadfield minor, Rathcoole. I have young kids. Is it safe area? Read a lot of news of recent house thefts so bit worried. Can you guys please help me out ?

Advertisement