Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Upper William Street

• 02-02-2015 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭

There is a possibility that I might be working in Limerick city centre (Upper William Street) for two days a week and I need a place to park from morning until evening (9am to 5pm). I have looked at other threads but they didn't really tell me what I need to know. I don't know the city that well so maybe someone could tell me where is the cheapest (and nearest) to Upper William Street?
    I don't mind walking as long as it is not too far.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

There's a carpark between Roches St and Thomas St and there's one on Denmark St. Both of these are only a minute or two form William St.

No idea of charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭d1980

lukin wrote: »
    There is a possibility that I might be working in Limerick city centre (Upper William Street) for two days a week and I need a place to park from morning until evening (9am to 5pm). I have looked at other threads but they didn't really tell me what I need to know. I don't know the city that well so maybe someone could tell me where is the cheapest (and nearest) to Upper William Street?
    I don't mind walking as long as it is not too far.

Train station, think it 3/4 euros a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭lukin

Thanks to both of you. I think the train station looks the better option money-wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There's also Summer Street Car Park which is adjacent to Upper William Street. I think it's a reasonably priced car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭tara m

Beware the back of the station car park, no CCTV there, my colleagues car was broken into twice up there during the end of last year. Thomas St is the most secure and central, but €2.10 an hour. The other little secret is that Thomas St Car Park has the best kept public loo in town, cleaner than most of the restaurants!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No way I'd leave my car parked all day in any part of the train station, even in the front car park, certainly not for the sake of saving a few quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There's also Summer Street Car Park which is adjacent to Upper William Street. I think it's a reasonably priced car park.

Park here now instead of other parking garages as it's only 1.50 per hour

Mc Love wrote: »
    Park here now instead of other parking garages as it's only 1.50 per hour

OK I suppose for the sake of an extra 50 cent an hour then maybe that is the safer/better option.

There's an open air car park off Lwr Gerald Griffin street, behind the old AIB on William St, not sure of their rates but you might be able to negotiate a daily rate.

I was in Limerick today and parked in Summer street car park. I was there for the whole day (arrived at 9 am and left at 5 pm). I was charged €6 as that is a special rate for the day. Happy enough, I think that's as cheap as one could get. I asked someone else where I was working and he suggested the train station car park too for €4 a day but he said not to park at the back but at the front. I might use it sometime in the future but it's only €2 cheaper so I don't know if it's worth it.

• Advertisement

lukin wrote: »
    I was in Limerick today and parked in Summer street car park. I was there for the whole day (arrived at 9 am and left at 5 pm). I was charged €6 as that is a special rate for the day. Happy enough, I think that's as cheap as one could get. I asked someone else where I was working and he suggested the train station car park too for €4 a day but he said not to park at the back but at the front. I might use it sometime in the future but it's only €2 cheaper so I don't know if it's worth it.

The spaces in the front carpark at the station are usually taken by early morning commuters

phog wrote: »
    The spaces in the front carpark at the station are usually taken by early morning commuters

Probably. I wouldn't be there until 8.45 at the earliest.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

tara m wrote: »
    Beware the back of the station car park, no CCTV there, my colleagues car was broken into twice up there during the end of last year. Thomas St is the most secure and central, but €2.10 an hour. The other little secret is that Thomas St Car Park has the best kept public loo in town, cleaner than most of the restaurants!

There's a public toilet there? Where is it?

Advertisement