Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business On Line Coming Soon

Options
  • 02-02-2015 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Business On Line will be updated soon and will be accessible on multiple browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari on Windows and Mac. 

The new platform will also have a reduced number of screens for easier day to day banking. Take a sneak peak at what’s coming here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

Billy,

The marketing information constantly talks about new and fewer screens. There is this just a reskinning to the existing system with it's legacy problems. or is it a completely new system.

Also, can you confirm that all existing functionality is available with the 'fewer' screens.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's using Java applets - a technology that's on the way out for most people. Also locks it out of being used on iOS/Android devices which are becoming more common in the enterprise space too.

So it still needs the Java runtime installed on the browser and all the messing and security problems associated with it...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Tow wrote: »
    Billy,

The marketing information constantly talks about new and fewer screens. There is this just a reskinning to the existing system with it's legacy problems. or is it a completely new system.

Also, can you confirm that all existing functionality is available with the 'fewer' screens.
    Hi Tow,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We've referred your query to our Business Online Team, please see their response below:

The enhanced system which is coming soon includes enhanced screens offering our customers a greater customer experience and easier banking journey. The same key functionality will be available to customers on the enhanced system, as well as it being compatible with multiple browsers.

We hope this addresses your query.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Mac compatibility is years overdue. I find the current system painstaking to use so hopefully there will be a big improvement in user friendliness. Any idea when it'll become available? I'm not a fan of making large transactions in a shared PC in my busy local post office

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi clio_16v,

Thanks for your post.

Although we do not have exact launch dates at the moment, you can register your interest by selecting the Get Ready option on the link in Billy's post. A representative from Business Online will contact you directly, when this information is available. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Can you go back more than 90 days to view transactions and statements?

In 365 you can go back 2 years, business 90 days only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi yipeeeee, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

The 'Transaction Report' or 'Payment History' option on Business Online will allow you to view your most recent transactions within a 90 day time frame. Should you require reports of any transactions prior to this, you can order a copy statement through your account holding branch. 

For more information regarding Business Online Guidelines, please see here

Thanks for taking the time to post and if we can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭SeanF

The 'Transaction Report' or 'Payment History' option on Business Online will allow you to view your most recent transactions within a 90 day time frame. Should you require reports of any transactions prior to this, you can order a copy statement through your account holding branch.

The 90 day time frame is without a doubt, the MOST FRUSTRATING thing about BOI-BOL.

Every 4 months, I need to do a VAT return so I need to copy the previous 4 months of transactions from the transaction report into Excel in order to do my calculations.  Therefore, after 1 and a half months of the VAT period I have to remember to run the transaction report and save it.  If I forget, it means I have to MANUALLY enter the transactions in to excel from the printed statement.  It's a real pain.

I imagine I'm not the only person who has this issue, as the VAT period is 4 months, not 90 days.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASEPLEASE can you increase this time frame to at least 4 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

SeanF wrote: »

The 90 day time frame is without a doubt, the MOST FRUSTRATING thing about BOI-BOL.

Every 4 months, I need to do a VAT return so I need to copy the previous 4 months of transactions from the transaction report into Excel in order to do my calculations.  Therefore, after 1 and a half months of the VAT period I have to remember to run the transaction report and save it.  If I forget, it means I have to MANUALLY enter the transactions in to excel from the printed statement.  It's a real pain.

I imagine I'm not the only person who has this issue, as the VAT period is 4 months, not 90 days.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASEPLEASE can you increase this time frame to at least 4 months.
    Hi SeanF,

Thanks for your post.

We're not aware of an upcoming change to the 90 day time frame. We can certainly pass your suggestion to the BOL Team for consideration in future developments. Thanks for taking the time to contact us on Boards.

Billy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭SeanF

Hi SeanF,

Thanks for your post.

We're not aware of an upcoming change to the 90 day time frame. We can certainly pass your suggestion to the BOL Team for consideration in future developments. Thanks for taking the time to contact us on Boards.

Billy
    Please do.  I've met a number of people who give out about it.  Thanks.

Hi Billy,

From the above we can safely assume the now New Business On Line system is just a reskinning of the old one.

Storage is cheap and the days extra 20Megs of on line storage costing as much as a house on Asbury Road are long gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Hi SeanF,

Thanks for your post.

Billy
    90 days still? seriously?  on banking 365 i can go back 12 months. Did the BOL team not thing that maybe some of their users might also use 365 and be aware of the available features there?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

you can order a copy statement through your account holding branch. 

Elaine
    ...and pay for it!

Yep 3 euro for the first page and something like 250 there after.

Ridiculous when trying to run a business.

Anyway won't matter soon as I am looking at other banks business account offers after the price increase i got in the post this week.

Not paying those prices for a shoddy system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Nuttzz wrote: »

Hi SeanF,

Thanks for your post.

Billy
    90 days still? seriously?  on banking 365 i can go back 12 months. Did the BOL team not thing that maybe some of their users might also use 365 and be aware of the available features there?
    Hi Nuttzz,

Thank you for your post.

Thanks for taking the time to send us in your comments. As Billy has mentioned above, we will certainly pass on your feedback to our Business Online team for consideration in the future. 

If you need help with any other query, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ashosul

Do you have a definite time frame for the launch of this new BOL.  
    We have been told "soon" for the best part of a year & I really want to know when is "soon"?  We have already registered our interest.

Can you also confirm that, with directors approval, we can link several companies onto one profile even if they are completely seperate companies with different directors?

Thanks
    ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Ashosul wrote: »
    Do you have a definite time frame for the launch of this new BOL.  
    We have been told "soon" for the best part of a year & I really want to know when is "soon"?  We have already registered our interest.

Can you also confirm that, with directors approval, we can link several companies onto one profile even if they are completely seperate companies with different directors?

Thanks
    ash
    Hi Ashosul,

Thanks for your post.

We would not have a specific time frame for this. Please be assured that as you have already sent in your interest, our Business Online team will be in touch with you as soon this will be available for you.
    It is possible to set up several companies on the one profile. There are a number of factors that would apply in order for this to be arranged. It would be best to call our Business Online Sales team on 1850 264 265 and a representative will be happy to go through this with you.

Please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

How can there not be a specific time frame? It's a project. All projects have deliverables and milestones and very clear deadlines. It's a sad reflection on how internal projects are handled if you can't provide a simple delivery date on a straight forward web frontend project.

The predictable "we'll be sure to pass on your feedback to our Business Online Team" is not good enough. Someone in Bank of Ireland clearly has to take responsibility for this project and present an actual deadline. I've only been with BOI for a couple of months now but I will be genuinely changing as soon as I can as this is a total embarrassment.

JackKelly wrote: »
    How can there not be a specific time frame? It's a project. All projects have deliverables and milestones and very clear deadlines. It's a sad reflection on how internal projects are handled if you can't provide a simple delivery date on a straight forward web frontend project.

The predictable "we'll be sure to pass on your feedback to our Business Online Team" is not good enough. Someone in Bank of Ireland clearly has to take responsibility for this project and present an actual deadline. I've only been with BOI for a couple of months now but I will be genuinely changing as soon as I can as this is a total embarrassment.

I agree gonna look around for better options.

Especially with the new charges, im paying 100s of Euro annually and I can't even go back further than ninety days with regards to statements.

Not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi JackKelly,

Thanks for your post.

The BOL Team have confirmed that the project to deliver a new version of BOL is in its final stages and is in testing with a number of customers at the moment. The feedback so far has been very promising. The team will be contacting customers in the coming weeks with details on moving to the new platform.

Thanks

Billy

Two weeks later. Any updates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Two weeks later. Any updates?
    Hi JackKelly,

Thanks for your post.

At the moment we are piloting the new Business Online with some customers and once this has been successfully completed we will start to change customers over to the new system on a phased basis.

This will take place over the next few months, however if you would like to start using the new Business Online system as soon as possible, please email newBOL@boi.com

Thanks for getting in touch and please let me know if you need anything else.

Nicola

You've already told us that before. So no updates. No concrete dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

It's a bit ridiculous how long this is taking. My brother builds entire systems in a day. Granted there is more security involved but seriously this should of been done from the start 

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

. I have emailed the address you gave but got an automated response that my interest has been logged.
    It's been a week and nothing from your people.

To use your antiquated system I have to run XP on an Oracle virtual pc.

Ok, instead of the Robotic answers that the reps are giving, can you just be straight with your customers?

Give a date on when this is going to be available.

I wrote on this forum before in December and was told the 'new year'. Id say by any definition that's well passed.

steppen wrote: »
    . I have emailed the address you gave but got an automated response that my interest has been logged.
    It's been a week and nothing from your people.

To use your antiquated system I have to run XP on an Oracle virtual pc.

Ok, instead of the Robotic answers that the reps are giving, can you just be straight with your customers?

Give a date on when this is going to be available.

I wrote on this forum before in December and was told the 'new year'. Id say by any definition that's well passed.
    Hi steppen,

Thanks for your post.

We are moving customers over to the new Business On Line on a phased basis which is now underway. If you PM me your email address, I can look into this with the Business Online team and they will provide you with further information on your request.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭greasepalm

internet banking to me is all new and still trying to get my head around things,one of them i could not do is set up  beneficiaries to make a sepa payment,when i rang up last week was told to view the demos to guide me. i think those demos are old as referred to third party payment and looked at the date 2011.
     one other thing i could not authorise payment from my login and password,do i need another one??
      hopefully get an outcome soon.
                       thanks.

greasepalm wrote: »
    internet banking to me is all new and still trying to get my head around things,one of them i could not do is set up  beneficiaries to make a sepa payment,when i rang up last week was told to view the demos to guide me. i think those demos are old as referred to third party payment and looked at the date 2011.
     one other thing i could not authorise payment from my login and password,do i need another one??
      hopefully get an outcome soon.
                       thanks.
    Hi greasepalm,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

If you are using the new Business Online website you can set up a new payee by selecting the 'Payments' option from the menu at the top of the screen and then select 'Manage payees'.
    You can also use the 'Manage payees' option which will appear in the quick action menu on the left of webpage.

To authorise payments through Business Online you firstly need to have a Digital Certificate installed on to your PC.

To order a Digital Certificate, go to the 'Admin' option on the menu at the top of the screen, then select 'Request Digital Certificate'. You will need to fill in some details on screen to complete your digital certificate request.

I hope this helps, if you need any further assistance you can call the Business Online help desk at 1890 818 265 – press option 1 for New Business Online (8am - 6pm Monday to Friday).

Please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks

Nicola 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭greasepalm

cheers will need to ring them ,digital cert a no goer.

Advertisement