Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business On Line Coming Soon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

for those waiting for the new BOL prepare for disappointment, its lipstick on a pig, sure it looks better than the previous system but then a dog vomiting on a keyboard would produce a better looking site, but "new BOL" is just "Old BOL" given a online 365 look

reporting is still rubbish, rolling 90 days is all it can manage on accounts, but at the same time they can go back a year with credit cards

can you order a copy of a statement online? No 

can you see a list of standing orders on the account? No 

can you see a list of active direct debits on the account? No

can you manage (cancel/change) standing orders and cancel direct debits? No

As a project perhaps they have just decided to get the same level of functionality as in the Old BOL onto a new platform and then improve from there, one would hope so but based on their track record with this project that has been coming for so long I wont be holding my breath!

I'm happy I'm not tied to IE anymore but that is the only positive I can take from this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Nuttzz wrote: »
    for those waiting for the new BOL prepare for disappointment, its lipstick on a pig, sure it looks better than the previous system but then a dog vomiting on a keyboard would produce a better looking site, but "new BOL" is just "Old BOL" given a online 365 look

reporting is still rubbish, rolling 90 days is all it can manage on accounts, but at the same time they can go back a year with credit cards

As a project perhaps they have just decided to get the same level of functionality as in the Old BOL onto a new platform and then improve from there, one would hope so but based on their track record with this project that has been coming for so long I wont be holding my breath!

I'm happy I'm not tied to IE anymore but that is the only positive I can take from this
    Hi Nuttzz,

Thanks for taking the time to post and I will certainly pass on your feedback to the Business Online Team.

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭SeanF

rolling 90 days is all it can manage on accounts

How hard can it be to increase the reporting limit from 90 days?  The VAT period is 4 months, which makes 90 days completely ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

SeanF wrote: »
    rolling 90 days is all it can manage on accounts

How hard can it be to increase the reporting limit from 90 days?  The VAT period is 4 months, which makes 90 days completely ridiculous.
    Hi SeanF,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

We do appreciate and value your feedback, as mentioned I have forwarded this on to the Business Online Team for their attention.

Get in touch if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Can the various accounting packages take live bank feeds from the new website or are we still stuck with an extra €70 fee to download a crap csv file that needs editing each and every single time I have to import a bank feed into my accounting software ?

Doubt the new site even has half the functionality that personal customers on 365 on-line have ! I can set up and authorise a new beneficiary on my personal account 2 hours faster than I can on Business Online ! hence I regularly have to make payments from my personal account for speedier transactions just to keep business flowing !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Jambo wrote: »

Can the various accounting packages take live bank feeds from the new website or are we still stuck with an extra €70 fee to download a crap csv file that needs editing each and every single time I have to import a bank feed into my accounting software ?

Doubt the new site even has half the functionality that personal customers on 365 on-line have ! I can set up and authorise a new beneficiary on my personal account 2 hours faster than I can on Business Online ! hence I regularly have to make payments from my personal account for speedier transactions just to keep business flowing !
    Hi Jambo,

Thanks for your post.

If you would like to send us a PM with your name, company name and a contact telephone number, we will be happy to arrange a call from a member of the BOL Team to help with any questions you have.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

got an email this am advising of the changeover happening soon. Still no date. Any feedback here? 

Also 90 days is a joke. It wastes bank officials time having to lookup something for me on one of the accounts and wastes my money when I need to reorder a statement. 

At least make statements available on line? i.e. you can log in to an area and view a scan of the papercopy of the last 12 months statements? Surely this would not involve much change to the backend system if that is what is limiting the search to 90 days. 

Oh and I think i was first told of this great upgrade about 3 years ago. I had even stopped asking about it until last year when a customer rep mentioned on the phone that there was an upgrade coming down the line :-) 

Edit:
    I'm assuming if this full rollout is been done on a phased basic (i.e. a certain amount of customers at a time) there are steps involved and the fact i got the initial notification email should be a good indicator of where in the process i am. Therefore has anyone any info as to how long it took from initial info email to receiving the link to their new log-in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

For me it was about 2 weeks
    cargo wrote: »
     Therefore has anyone any info as to how long it took from initial info email to receiving the link to their new log-in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi cargo, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Generally, the time frame from receipt of the initial notification email to receipt of a second email and access to the new system is 2 weeks. 

On the basis that you received your first email yesterday, you should receive your second email and access to the new system by the 7th of May. 

We would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback in your post and we will ensure to forward this to our Business Online team. 

Thanks once again, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭MackMack

Is business online down tonight? I've just tried to log into the new site as per the email ye sent and both internet explorer and chrome say the site is refusing my connection?

The error message when I go into the Windows Network Diagnostics says "The remote computer or resource won't accept the connection" with the explanation of "the device or resource is not set up to accept connections on port https"

Can't access it on my windows 7 pc using Internet Explorer or Chrome
    Can't access it on my phone with a 3g connection
    Can't access it on my windows 8 laptop using Internet Explorer or Chrome

And yes, Java is up to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

The site is down its not you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

MackMack wrote: »
    Is business online down tonight? I've just tried to log into the new site as per the email ye sent and both internet explorer and chrome say the site is refusing my connection?

The error message when I go into the Windows Network Diagnostics says "The remote computer or resource won't accept the connection" with the explanation of "the device or resource is not set up to accept connections on port https"

Can't access it on my windows 7 pc using Internet Explorer or Chrome
    Can't access it on my phone with a 3g connection
    Can't access it on my windows 8 laptop using Internet Explorer or Chrome

And yes, Java is up to date.
    Hi MackMack,

Thanks for your Post and welcome to Boards.ie.

Please call the Business On Line helpdesk on 1890 818 265/0035314606445 when you have online access and a representative will be happy to help with this.

Representative assisted hours are 8-6 Monday – Friday.

Thanks again,

Tara C 

Advertisement