Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man gets €840 a week on welfare

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Smidge wrote: »
    So in other words your evidence and opinion on these things are based on what you read on you FB feed.
    Well done :rolleyes:

Are you saying alot of travellers dont abuse the system? that alot of em dont scam people and elderly people? would you say that all the stuff on my big fat gypsy wedding was paid for from hard earned honest cash?

Honestly man you d have to be fair fair thick to think otherwise,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

bjork wrote: »
    Yes it's like the waltons. 10 people living in a caravan with daddy drunk and fighting with the Gardai called at 9.30am, sounds divine
    And? What do you think an Irish children's home is like? Eton?

he was never going to be convicted. cops don't really get convicted in america, especially when it comes to acts of violence against minorities. thats the sad reality.

Have you proof of that ?

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    The fact that you can't even cobble together a half assed argument against what I said does pretty much the same for you.

I have its not my fault you dont have the brains to understand it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

How is the halting site being built (I assume it wasnt only for him? ;))make him a scammer and in receipt of more than the basic SW rate?

He gets the basic SW rate for his family. Thats it. End of.

I've been here long enough to know not to bother with these bloody circle jerk fecking threads. Plays havoc with the aul blood pressure :D

I'm not a SW expert but I know that settled travellers in my area get free bin collections and increased RA. They automatically qualify for the back to school allowance. That's unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

evo2000 wrote: »
    Id say FB feed are more you re thing, ur so gullible its laughable lol The world is all sunshine and rainbows till proven otherwise according to you theres alot of things people cant prove, it doesnt make em any less true or that they dont happen again this is boards not a court room !

Common sense and life experience are my proof!
    common sense and life experiences prove nothing in relation to things like this. try again

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

common sense and life experiences prove nothing in relation to things like this. try again

You expect other people to prove things to you but when the shoes on the other foot its a different story, bait at you re own game horse! :D

cops don't really get convicted in america nothing to prove... we ll just take you re word for that so.. lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

How is the halting site being built (I assume it wasnt only for him? ;))make him a scammer and in receipt of more than the basic SW rate?

He gets the basic SW rate for his family. Thats it. End of.

I've been here long enough to know not to bother with these bloody circle jerk fecking threads. Plays havoc with the aul blood pressure :D

I'm uncertain as to where you got the "Scammer" reference from,as I am not suggesting any such thing.

Of course he gets his due SW entitlements,that is not,nor was it ever ,an issue.

However,avoiding semantics over the term "SW Rate",I shall reiterate the reality that this gentleman has access to a different and specific set of benefits not available to the greater body of SDP customers.

As Guy:Incognito posts,this includes access to specific accomodation and services NOT readily provided to the greater population,either DSP related OR Employed.

This specific and restricted access does not result in any reduction of the"Basic SW" rate entitlement,so therefore is additional to it.

Is this a problem ?

Are YOU suggesting it is a scam rather than a significant additional entitlement ?

Nowhere do I suggest any such thing,but yet this unusual spin has now been attempted twice in short succession....Why ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

would you say that all the stuff on my big fat gypsy wedding was paid for from hard earned honest cash?

You'd have to be thick to think travellers pay for weddings from scammed cash...
    Your words mate.

hurlsey wrote: »
    welfare tourism exists, welfare fraud exists.

oh absolutely. nobody is denying that. however some aren't interested in these genuine problems, rather they are only interested in using them to further their bigoted racist discriminatery agenda. i believe you aren't one of those people, but there are a couple on this thread
    hurlsey wrote: »
    should be dealt with in an appropriate manner so as discourage this behaviour!

it should be dealt with yes. but your never going to stop it outright. all you can do is punish those who you catch.

• Advertisement

You'd have to be thick to think travellers pay for weddings from scammed cash...
    Your words mate.

My mistake but im sure you get the jist of what i was saying, that alot of it was paid for by scammed cash..

I have its not my fault you dont have the brains to understand it!
    Understand what? You didn't present any argument at all!

My mistake
    Sorry, you were calling somebody thick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

AlekSmart wrote: »
    I'm uncertain as to where you got the "Scammer" reference from,as I am not suggesting any such thing.

Of course he gets his due SW entitlements,that is not,nor was it ever ,an issue.

However,avoiding semantics over the term "SW Rate",I shall reiterate the reality that this gentleman has access to a different and specific set of benefits not available to the greater body of SDP customers.

As Guy:Incognito posts,this includes access to specific accomodation and services NOT readily provided to the greater population,either DSP related OR Employed.

This specific and restricted access does not result in any reduction of the"Basic SW" rate entitlement,so therefore is additional to it.

Is this a problem ?

Are YOU suggesting it is a scam rather than a significant additional entitlement ?

Nowhere do I suggest any such thing,but yet this unusual spin has now been attempted twice in short succession....Why ?

I'm not entirely sure what exactly you are saying tbh.
    What exactly(please outline)are the extras he is in receipt of?
    Without clarity, I cannot respond.

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'm not a SW expert but I know that settled travellers in my area get free bin collections and increased RA. They automatically qualify for the back to school allowance. That's unfair.

As it currently stands it is NOT unfair.

The additional entitlements and provisions enjoyed by that community are enshrined in Law,and until successfully challenged and proven to promote inequality or discrimination cannot be described as "Unfair" except by opinion...

There may well be grounds,for example,to challenge the "automatic" entitlement to benefits such as the BTSA merely by virtue of membership of an ethnic group ?

Whether any individual would have the will,support or resources to challenge the accepted wisdom is for another thread I'd suggest ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Sorry, you were calling somebody thick?

Hang on ill retype it before you jizz yourself over a mistake

What i ment to say was do you think alot of the stuff paid for on my big fat gypsy wedding and the likes was paid for out of hard earned honest cash, do you think that alot of there vans especially the new ones were paid for out of hard earned honest cash? especially the ones on the dole driving 2015 vans ?

eviltwin wrote: »

In fairness, there are certain counties/regions that get free bin services under SW. I think thats unfair tbh. Either everyone gets it or no-one otherwise the system is unworkable.
    A lot of people, not just travellers, automatically get BTSCFA.

None of them have to starve. He should have the option to sign them in to state care if he cant provide for them. Giving him more and more money for everytime he manages to impregnate a woman isn't an answer.

Is chucking money at them and having them living in a halting site with a persistent criminal offender who on this occasion was using threatening behaviour towards a group of women and children really the best the state can offer them ?
    as we have seen, state care isn't much better in a lot of cases sadly

AlekSmart wrote: »
    As it currently stands it is NOT unfair.

The additional entitlements and provisions enjoyed by that community are enshrined in Law,and until successfully challenged and proven to promote inequality or discrimination cannot be described as "Unfair" except by opinion...

There may well be grounds,for example,to challenge the "automatic" entitlement to benefits such as the BTSA merely by virtue of membership of an ethnic group ?

Whether any individual would have the will,support or resources to challenge the accepted wisdom is for another thread I'd suggest ?

There are inequities everywhere tbh.
    I think sometimes its more glaring when certain sectors of society are at the centre of it.
    People can rant about travellers getting refuse collections but when a medical unit solely for Romanian peoples use at Tallaght hospital, is brought under question....well then theres trouble ;)

Originally Posted by Guy:Incognito View Post
    None of them have to starve. He should have the option to sign them in to state care if he cant provide for them. Giving him more and more money for everytime he manages to impregnate a woman isn't an answer.

Is chucking money at them and having them living in a halting site with a persistent criminal offender who on this occasion was using threatening behaviour towards a group of women and children really the best the state can offer them ?

Or he could you know... god forbid... work?! just said id throw that out there!

• Advertisement

Hang on ill retype it before you jizz yourself over a mistake
    Oh you're far more entertaining than one mistake.
    I'm still too dumb to understand that point you never made I guess.

Oh you're far more entertaining than one mistake.
    I'm still to dumb to understand that point you never made I guess.

You re ducking the question, cause you know it blows all you re gullible bull**** out of the water, at the end of the day people can bury there heads in the sand all they want but we all know exactly who does the vast amount of scamming when it comes to benefits and SW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Great to know people like this get that kind of money for merely existing. And here's me just getting in the door after heading out at 7am this morning, barely making half of that.

Are you saying alot of travellers dont abuse the system? that alot of em dont scam people and elderly people? would you say that all the stuff on my big fat gypsy wedding was paid for from hard earned honest cash?

is abusing the system unique to travelers? no
    is scamming people unique to travelers? no
    is paying for luxuries out of cash got from places other then working unique to travelers? no
    oh and my big fat gypsy wedding is hardly a program that represents everything about the traveling community. while some of whats on it does happen, it is scripted and set up for a particular agenda. either rabel rousing or the shock or freak show factor. i'm not quite sure.

EazyD wrote: »
    Great to know people like this get that kind of money for merely existing. And here's me just getting in the door after heading out at 7am this morning, barely making half of that.

They re entitled to it!! dont you dare take a stance against it or you ll be beset by smidge and his good pals end of the road and dano lmao

I'm not entirely sure what exactly you are saying tbh.
    What exactly(please outline)are the extras he is in receipt of?
    Without clarity, I cannot respond.

Not sure what this supposed lack of "clarity"is supposedly leading to,but I'll try to outline the issue.

Members of the Traveller Community are provided with access to Traveller Specific assistance and supports NOT generally available,as of right,to members of the general population.

Access to Traveller Specific accomodation,whether transient or fixed,is a significant additional benefit,the costs of which must be borne by the greater body of society who are specifically denied access to that which they have largely funded.

At a time when Homelessness is being described far and wide,as a major social and cultural issue in Ireland, I suggest that continued spending of sums mentioned in the 2009 article .......
    In South Dublin, the council went even further -- shelling out over €500,000 per bay in a 10-bay site in Rathfarnham. At current market prices, €500,000 would buy a comfortable four bed semi-detached house in the Rathfarnam area.

The total cost of building the homes at Stocking Hill was €5,075,879.
    ......requires some more robust justification in 2015.

This quantifies what I regard as entitlements,over & above,what a settled person's entitlements are under the SW codes.

This is however moving the thread goalposts a tad from the original post,which related to the specific case described in the newspaper article,and revolving around the conviction of an individual and his attempts to misrepresent his total income to the Court.

is abusing the system unique to travelers? no
    is scamming people unique to travelers? no
    is paying for luxuries out of cash got from places other then working unique to travelers? no
    oh and my big fat gypsy wedding is hardly a program that represents everything about the traveling community. while some of whats on it does happen, it is scripted and set up for a particular agenda. either rabel rousing or the shock or freak show factor. i'm not quite sure.

Who do you think would be accountable for most of the scamming and exploiting of SW and likes if you d to hazard a guess ?

I never said it was unique to them, i just said a fair amount of em do, its not as outlandish a statement as alot ye are making it out to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

They re entitled to it!! dont you dare take a stance against it or you ll be beset by smidge and his good pals end of the road and dano lmao

In all seriousness it does make you wonder why we bother at all, just to fund out and out leaches who will never pay into the system themselves.

Jesus Evo, have a few apostrophes. They're free :D

• Advertisement

EazyD wrote: »
    In all seriousness it does make you wonder why we bother at all, just to fund out and out leaches who will never pay into the system themselves.

Its fair vexing alright, and a kick in the teeth for the poor sod whos worked like a dog only to be refused the same "Level" of help his being paying for.. when he falls on hard times..

Advertisement