Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man gets €840 a week on welfare

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Smidge wrote: »
    What are people not getting about this?
    €188 + €124.80 +€29.80 x 5
    Plus the universal CB payment. :confused:

=€466

Eight children = 1,080/month
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/child_benefit.html

Does not compute to €840, where is he getting the other €124?
    Try again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

What are you not getting? It is not normal in a civilised society to have that many kids. Sure if you want to and have the financial means to do so fire away.

Except these people don't and do so in the knowledge that the state (us) will pay for each and every one of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

What are you not getting about this, he most likely is going to St Vincent the paul they then supply coal,food,toys, clothes, repairs loads of things to anyone that asks them they are a great organisation albeit abit vulnerable...

But of course in you re fairy tale world no one would scam them, especially not travellers...

Meanwhile in reality, a good amount of travellers take advantage of the social welfare system, while availing of the many good charitys around the places good will,

Honestly you must have lived a very sheltered life or something to not think this sort of stuff is going on seriously dude...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

And all the extras like medical cards, back to school and he might be entitled to them but morally having eight children while on welfare is completely irresponsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

bjork wrote: »

No idea why you're quoting me, I didnt through out that figure to begin with

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

No idea why you're quoting me, I didnt through out that figure to begin with

I thought you "got" the figures as you expressed disbelief that no one else "got" it. As you re quoted them, I presumed you approved.

eviltwin wrote: »
    And all the extras like medical cards, back to school and he might be entitled to them but morally having eight children while on welfare is completely irresponsible.

Morals are a funny thing.
    Seems that people only find them inflamed when it suits their own purpose.

bjork wrote: »
    I thought you "got" the figures as you expressed disbelief that no one else "got" it. As you re quoted them, I presumed you approved.

Go back and re read so

Do you think it's responsible to have so many kids when you're on welfare?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Maybe if he hadn't got it so handy he'd think twice before blowing his beans in his bird.

he wouldn't. the "if you do x people will think twice about doing y" doesn't work

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

Do you think it's responsible to have so many kids when you're on welfare?

That's not for me to decide. Again, I'm not the morals police. To turn this into an issue of morality/responsiblity is totally taking away from the initial point of the thread tbh.

That's not for me to decide. Again, I'm not the morals police. To turn this into an issue of morality is totally taking away from the initial point of the thread tbh.

Wow talk about side stepping, you know your wrong and ur just talkin ****e now, of course its not the brightest idea in the world to have 50 children if you can only afford to fed urself..

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

evo2000 wrote: »
    What are you not getting about this, he most likely is going to St Vincent the paul they then supply coal,food,toys, clothes, repairs loads of things to anyone that asks them they are a great organisation albeit abit vulnerable...

But of course in you re fairy tale world no one would scam them, especially not travellers...

Meanwhile in reality, a good amount of travellers take advantage of the social welfare system, while availing of the many good charitys around the places good will,

Honestly you must have lived a very sheltered life or something to not think this sort of stuff is going on seriously dude...
    \Couldn't agree more, the amount of people that speak this type of nonsense I'd love to meet and find out where they were brought up. I'm from tallaght myself, come from a hard working back round but have seen these so called "travellers" and general work dodgers first hand. They are the type of people that are able to go away on two holidays a year while people that actually work get screwed.

the PC ****

no such thing.
    defend the likes of this person.

nobody is "defending" anyone. just giving the facts.
    If he can't afford kids he shouldn't have them.

i agree, but he has had them and they have to be looked after. its not the childrens fault they were born

Alot of the people in question dont seem to have an issue with morals either when they scam old ladys for tarmac, or let me guess that doesnt happen either because i cant prove it...

Wow talk about side stepping, you know your wrong and ur just talkin ****e now, of course its not the brightest idea in the world to have 50 children if you can only afford to fed urself..

Evo,
    Grown ups are talking now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    When will Ireland learn that there should be no social welfare at all .

Cool, yeah, what are the genuine people who are down on their luck and lost their jobs going to do? You know, the majority? You're planning on cutting social welfare completely, just because a few people take the piss?

That's not for me to decide. Again, I'm not the morals police. To turn this into an issue of morality/responsiblity is totally taking away from the initial point of the thread tbh.

Then think about your responsibility as a parent. Part of that is only bringing children into the world that you can afford, that you can raise to be decent members of society. Having additional children while on welfare is unfair on them. They have no choice.

Wow talk about side stepping

yeah, because he's not giving you the answer you want to hear.
    you know your wrong

he knows for a fact he's not wrong as he's not wrong.
    ur just talkin ****e now

i'd re-read your posts TBH

no such thing.

i agree, but he has had them and they have to be looked after. its not the childrens fault they were born
    If he can't afford them then he should be made to work, If that's in some community type job for work experience then so be it. have him landscaping cleaning the streets or doing something to repay.

• Advertisement

yeah, because he's not giving you the answer you want to hear.

he knows for a fact he's not wrong as he's not wrong.

i'd re-read your posts TBH

His not giving any answers and his not being realistic, he honestly has no idea... his views are very gullible...

Then think about your responsibility as a parent. Part of that is only bringing children into the world that you can afford, that you can raise to be decent members of society. Having additional children while on welfare is unfair on them. They have no choice.
    I no for a fact that I made the decision no to have a kid because I couldn't afford to, I now have a little girl but at this moment in time we couldn't have another and I won't unless something changes.

no such thing.

You seem to think that some of em dont go out of there way to have children lol you realise some of em are aware if they have children they can make a nice living from doing very little, it might sound outlandish to you but it is happening,

In principle, I agree(i have 2 children, an average Irish family :))

My point in this whole thread is this.....

Stupid inflammatory article in a newspaper is used as yet more fodder for the almost daily dole bashing thread.
    It is enhanced by the fact that the article is about a traveller.
    Kerching. More AH fap fodder.

Then you only have to read the likes of the drivel posted by Evo etc about the majority of travellers having 2015 cars, Rathfarnham addresses(heaven forfend!)and the majority of them being crooks and criminals and gangster etc.
    I'm not here to defend the travelling community on these charges. There is NO doubt in my mind that there are a lot of their members involved in these activities. But does this have any relevence to his SW payment as per DSP?
    No. It doesn't. But don't let this get in the way of the baying crowd in relation to SW.

EazyD wrote: »
    What are you not getting? It is not normal in a civilised society to have that many kids. Sure if you want to and have the financial means to do so fire away.

Except these people don't and do so in the knowledge that the state (us) will pay for each and every one of them.

So your proposal is to scrap CB uniformly?

In principle, I agree(i have 2 children, an average Irish family :))

My point in this whole thread is this.....

Stupid inflammatory article in a newspaper is used as yet more fodder for the almost daily dole bashing thread.
    It is enhanced by the fact that the article is about a traveller.
    Kerching. More AH fap fodder.

Then you only have to read the likes of the drivel posted by Evo etc about the majority of travellers having 2015 cars, Rathfarnham addresses(heaven forfend!)and the majority of them being crooks and criminals and gangster etc.
    I'm not here to defend the travelling community on these charges. There is NO doubt in my mind that there are a lot of their members involved in these activities. But does this have any relevence to his SW payment as per DSP?
    No. It doesn't. But don't let this get in the way of the baying crowd in relation to SW.

I dont know how to explain this any clearer to you, alot of them pocket that SW payment and buy things like 2015 vans, meanwhile using St vincent the paul to look after alot of the rest,

As i said man you must have lived a very sheltered life...

I dont know how to explain this any clearer to you, alot of them pocket that SW payment and buy things like 2015 vans, meanwhile using St vincent the paul to look after alot of the rest,

As i said man you must have lived a very sheltered life...

And again, shush :D
    Isn't it your beddiebys time yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

his views are very gullible...
    Are you Google translating from some other language? WTF does that even mean?

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Are you Google translating from some other language? WTF does that even mean?

Thats what im doing you got me! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I no for a fact that I made the decision no to have a kid because I couldn't afford to, I now have a little girl but at this moment in time we couldn't have another and I won't unless something changes.
    How does this fit with us being told you cream it in with each extra kid you have? Surely you should have a few more and retire in luxury?

Advertisement