Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man gets €840 a week on welfare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

evo2000 wrote: »
    I dont know how to explain this any clearer to you, alot of them pocket that SW payment and buy things like 2015 vans, meanwhile using St vincent the paul to look after alot of the rest,

As i said man you must have lived a very sheltered life...

They may well do. However, it will take a lot more resources in order to check whether every single person does it who is on SW.
    Don't get me wrong, as sickening as it is for those in employment, it's even more sickening for those who genuinely avail of SW as their only means of support and are really struggling. Especially when it starts a hate riot with those who are employed against everyone on SW. I mean, the newspapers have done a spectacular job of inciting this hatred and that's the sickening thing about it. Not one word was said about anything SW related until there were a few articles on fraud and suddenly everyone is an expert and those who need SW have on the receiving end of these "expertise", stirred up by rags that have the odd bit of truth behind them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    How does this fit with us being told you cream it in with each extra kid you have? Surely you should have a few more and retire in luxury?

Man just unfollow the thread your splitting hairs and its annoying you ve absolutely nothing to contribute bar the odd correction...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

no such thing.

nobody is "defending" anyone. just giving the facts.

i agree, but he has had them and they have to be looked after. its not the childrens fault they were born

It's not the taxpayers fault either and they should not have to feed or look after them or any child

sup_dude wrote: »
    They may well do. However, it will take a lot more resources in order to check whether every single person does it who is on SW.
    Don't get me wrong, as sickening as it is for those in employment, it's even more sickening for those who genuinely avail of SW as their only means of support and are really struggling. Especially when it starts a hate riot with those who are employed against everyone on SW. I mean, the newspapers have done a spectacular job of inciting this hatred and that's the sickening thing about it. Not one word was said about anything SW related until there were a few articles on fraud and suddenly everyone is an expert and those who need SW have on the receiving end of these "expertise", stirred up by rags that have the odd bit of truth behind them.

I agree, that is wrong and thats not what im trying to say, all im saying is there is alot of people that do manipulate the system, then you have dano, smidget and the likes saying that this is completely outlandish and couldnt possibly be happening! and that im just hate bashing or what ever which im not im being realistic from what ive seen and what ive heard.

I agree, that is wrong and thats not what im trying to say, all im saying is there is alot of people that do manipulate the system, then you have dano, smidget and the likes saying that this is completely outlandish and couldnt possibly be happening! and that im just hate bashing or what ever which im not im being realistic from what ive seen and what ive heard.

Maybe it's just the way you phrase it but I think "a lot" in itself is an exaggeration. Did you hear about any of this before the newspapers started publishing articles on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

If he can't afford them then he should be made to work, If that's in some community type job for work experience then so be it. have him landscaping cleaning the streets or doing something to repay.
    and how much is it going to cost to implement all that? you need someone to make sure he does the job. that would all cost more then what he is getting. nice idea but we have to be practical

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Tugboats wrote: »
    It's not the taxpayers fault either and they should not have to feed or look after them or any child

No but what's the alternative? Let them starve?

There should be incentive not to have children you can't afford and are at risk of neglect, not punishment for the children already there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Smidge wrote: »
    In principle, I agree(i have 2 children, an average Irish family :))

My point in this whole thread is this.....

Stupid inflammatory article in a newspaper is used as yet more fodder for the almost daily dole bashing thread.
    It is enhanced by the fact that the article is about a traveller.
    Kerching. More AH fap fodder.

Then you only have to read the likes of the drivel posted by Evo etc about the majority of travellers having 2015 cars, Rathfarnham addresses(heaven forfend!)and the majority of them being crooks and criminals and gangster etc.
    I'm not here to defend the travelling community on these charges. There is NO doubt in my mind that there are a lot of their members involved in these activities. But does this have any relevence to his SW payment as per DSP?
    No. It doesn't. But don't let this get in the way of the baying crowd in relation to SW.

I'm not bashing people on the dole. I was on it myself for nearly two years. And I have nothing against travellers. I hate the culture that keeps them locked into a disadvantaged lifestyle but have always found them decent people. This is about one person in particular who is taking the piss. Is he representative of all people on the dole or all travellers? No but he's a disgrace and the state facilitate that.

Travellers don't get hounded by SW because they know there is no point, sure what job is your average traveller qualified in. A lot of them don't have basic skills like reading, writing etc. It's easier to go after someone who has some potential.

But the state doesn't do anything positive to break the cycle and that's what makes me angry. It just throws money at it. Another generation left to follow the same path. It makes me angry to see girls forced out of school to mind their siblings or get married, to see women with black eyes accept that as a normal part of married life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Man just unfollow the thread your splitting hairs and its annoying you ve absolutely nothing to contribute bar the odd correction...
    Well that's one way of confirming you can't answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

How does this fit with us being told you cream it in with each extra kid you have? Surely you should have a few more and retire in luxury?
    Why didn't I think of that sooner. Good times ahead, I'll get her to quit the job also and we'll get a free gaff.

• Advertisement

There should be incentive not to have children you can't afford and are at risk of neglect, not punishment for the children already there.

Ya pretty much. It may take a few deaths but hopefully along with them the sense of entitlement in this country may die also

Well that's one way of confirming you can't answer the question.

Id qoute your friend end of the road with a response to that but i honestly cudnt be arsed im just going to ignore you re pointless comments from now on.

The taxpayer shouldn't have to look after any child... we should put it all into paying back the Germans and subsidising private dual carriageways I suppose?

Ya pretty much. It may take a few deaths but hopefully along with them the sense of entitlement in this country may die also

Thats pretty grim, and i disagree with that no child should be allowed to starve regardless of circumstances

Id qoute your friend end of the road with a response to that but i honestly cudnt be arsed im just going to ignore you re pointless comments from now on.
    Yip, can't answer anything. Proven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'm not bashing people on the dole. I was on it myself for nearly two years. And I have nothing against travellers. I hate the culture that keeps them locked into a disadvantaged lifestyle but have always found them decent people. This is about one person in particular who is taking the piss. Is he representative of all people on the dole or all travellers? No but he's a disgrace and the state facilitate that.

Travellers don't get hounded by SW because they know there is no point, sure what job is your average traveller qualified in. A lot of them don't have basic skills like reading, writing etc. It's easier to go after someone who has some potential.

But the state doesn't do anything positive to break the cycle and that's what makes me angry. It just throws money at it. Another generation left to follow the same path. It makes me angry to see girls forced out of school to mind their siblings or get married, to see women with black eyes accept that as a normal part of married life.

Cant agree more, great post :)

Practical would be rounding up him and whoever else is getting the same free handouts.

no, its not our fault. but absolutely it is our job to ensure the children are looked after if the parents can't or won't

Practical would be rounding up him and whoever else is getting the same free handouts.

And kill them...with fire? :rolleyes:

The taxpayer shouldn't have to look after any child... we should put it all into paying back the Germans and subsidising private dual carriageways I suppose?

No we should not be paying back Germans, bondholders and banks. I'm against all bailouts including bailing out unemployed people and hungry children.

• Advertisement

No we should not be paying back Germans, bondholders and banks. I'm against all bailouts including bailing out unemployed people and hungry children.

:rolleyes:

no, its not our fault. but absolutely it is our job to ensure the children are looked after if the parents can't or won't

Sorry I don't consider it my job

Thats pretty grim, and i disagree with that no child should be allowed to starve regardless of circumstances
    Parents that neglect to practice safe sex should be made to pay for their mistakes, made to pay by going out to work and to stop scrounging. Like someone else said, there are so many with a sense of entitlement in this country.

what. let children starve and die for the sake of a few quid. children who were born out of no fault of their own. jesus fcuking christ

Parents that neglect to practice safe sex should be made to pay for their mistakes, made to pay by going out to work and to stop scrounging. Like someone else said, there are so many with a sense of entitlement in this country.

Because every parent who made a mistake or contraception failed is automatically a scronger....

Our taxes aren't for feeding starving children... well FFS could you tell us what they ARE for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Pataman

What happens when all the kids grow up and follow in their fathers footsteps?? Exponential growth and cost to the state.

Because every parent who made a mistake or contraception failed is automatically a scronger....

Either that, or had one too many.
    Dont know which is worse...scrounger or lush?:D

How do you "make someone go out and work"? Who's job are you going to take to do this because the fact is there aren't enough to go round.

• Advertisement

What about giving them social welfare for say a year and after that you have to work for it, im all for genuine people getting help and think social welfare as whole is a great thing, my grievance is with the blatant manipulation of it by some people that are basically making a career out of it... (even tho i know alot of people on here don't believe that exists)

Advertisement