Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man gets €840 a week on welfare

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

eviltwin wrote: »
    A lot more I'm sure but that's not the point is it? This guy is hardly father of the year, what kind of life are those kids having living on a halting site which for the most part are filthy dirty. They should be given a chance. They don't have it at the moment.
    Simply question again. What makes you think putting them in the care of the Irish state would be cheaper and make them turn out so much better?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

eviltwin wrote: »
    The apologists for travellers

who are they? its travelers. not ****ing isis. there is nothing to apologize for

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Simply question again. What makes you think putting them in the care of the Irish state would be cheaper and make them turn out so much better?

I never claimed it would be cheaper. I do think long term, although foster care is not perfect, it at least will give these children a proper home with decent food and an education. It might give them the ambition and desire to better themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    The fact is that if life on the dole was so cushy I'd do it myself. I've been there and seen lots of it myself and the answer is no thanks. And you're still pretending all this social welfare is to support one person. If someone with a 100k job had 8 kids, would you cap their social at two kids too? How would that work out if they lost their job?

I never made any reference to the payments being exclusively for that man, you're chancing your arm there matey. Yes, I would cap benefits on all families, regardless of social standing. 8 kids is taking the piss. For some people life on the dole is a cushy number. You're looking at the situation as though he's some sort of victim. I would lay odds on their being a long history of anti-social behaviour at the guys home, along with a history of absenteeism from school for his children.

Frankly, given the background of 8 kids whose parents won't work to feed them, coupled with the fact that at least one of those parents has no formal education, along with the fact that the father has a double digit criminal record and a history of drunken anti-social behaviour, I'd say his kids would be better off being raised by wolves. I'm not a wealthy person. I don't come from a privileged background. I have seen what kids from backgrounds like that one are dragged up in and I'd really like to see an end to it. The way to end it is to put an end to the State funding it as a lifestyle option.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

who are they? its travelers. not ****ing isis. there is nothing to apologize for

here we go:)

• Advertisement

tastyt wrote: »
    the politically correct bull****

doesn't exist. no such thing.
    Travellers live outside the laws set down and followed by the citizens of this country

hmmm. many of who don't follow the laws themselves. for example doing nicksers on the side while claiming the dole is against the law.
    yet we bend over backwards to give them everything on a plate so as not to offend anyone.

rubbish. they are given help in the hope that some will try and be part of society. many don't want to be, but those who do should be facilitated in every way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Imagine they tried this **** in a country with a goverment that had balls, like america or china, in china there wouldnt even be a case...the only inside of a new van they d be seeing would be the execution van!

This stuff happens because we let it happen, i dont blame anyone for taken advantage of it when its there for the taking lol theres a awful case of bark with no bite in this country!

Another hilarious thing ontop of the dole there getting is the charity's they go to st vincent the paul for example will drop off bags apon bags of coal food vouchers along with anything else they need so no need to dip into that 840, put that towards the new van!

Again tho! fair ****s to em, the system is broken, we know it they know it yet we do **** all about it, its our own fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Whatever your views may be on travellers or on people who have a load of kids that they can't afford to care for, being handed €840 cash per week from the state is absolute insanity.

ffs like.. there are self employed people who could find themselves without work tomorrow having paid taxes for decades and they wouldn't be entitled to a single cent.

If the state is going to hand out such large amounts of money to individuals for the purpose of looking after kids then most of it should be in the form of stamps or coupons that can only be used to pay for food and school supplies etc.

evo2000 wrote: »
    Imagine they tried this **** in a country with a goverment that had balls, like america or china

yeah. imprisoning people for nothing to benefit private prisons. or slaughtering. thats a government with balls all right.
    in china there wouldnt even be a case...the only inside of a new van they d be seeing would be the execution van!

yeah. well thankfully in this country we require proof before we send someone to jail. and we don't execute people because it would invalidate everything we stand for. consider going to these countries if slaughtering and keeping private prisons in business is your thing.
    This stuff happens because we let it happen, i dont blame anyone for taken advantage of it when its there for the taking

we don't "let" it happen. we do have to realize however that sometimes to deal with everything there is a bigger cost then the benefit it may bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

rubbish. they are given help in the hope that some will try and be part of society. many don't want to be, but those who do should be facilitated in every way
    But you see they do want to be involved in some aspects of society...the aspects through which they get free money and services mainly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Oh yes we must excuse them for not using contraception and not engaging in education because of their " devout " Catholic religious beliefs.

Not so religious when it comes to " though shalt not steal " however are they??
    That was my point, a Catholic society and Catholics in name only encourage Catholicism as a whole and just choose which parts to adhere by, usually the good, but that also leaves open the bad, which in your examples is obviously only perpetrated by travellers.

Contraception for example was illegal in Ireland until 1980 largely due to those Catholics in name only.

yeah. imprisoning people for nothing to benefit private prisons. or slaughtering. thats a government with balls all right.

yeah. well thankfully in this country we require proof before we send someone to jail. and we don't execute people because it would invalidate everything we stand for. consider going to these countries if slaughtering and keeping private prisons in business is your thing.

we don't "let" it happen. we do have to realize however that sometimes to deal with everything there is a bigger cost then the benefit it may bring.

I will not considering going to these countrys as im happy in the one im in thank you very much, Texas sentenced one of em for life for scamming an old lady of her savings for a dodgy tarmac, these people dont **** around when there scamming people nor do they give a ****, but pussies like you will always let them off the hook because you havent the stomach for what needs to be done and thats the problem with this country, we are walk overs we dont punish bad people harshly enough!

So yes, we do let this happen, we know its happening yet do nothing about it! thats called letting it happen!

Obviously i didnt mean execute them but you get the jist when there is sevre punishments for such things people tend to think twice before scamming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

€840 a week as "safe", handy money. Ye reckon people don't earn "side" money on top? Lol. Another €800 a week in nixer money wouldn't be a bit surprising, though obviously not this lad, as that would be a slanderous lie. He's obviously struggling hard to feed his kids on that. Lol. The innocence.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

many don't want to be, but those who do should be facilitated in every way

they don't want to be because it suits them to operate outside a society which has laws

€840 a week as "safe", handy money. Ye reckon people don't earn "side" money on top? Lol. Another €800 a week in nixer money wouldn't be a bit surprising, though obviously not this lad, as that would be a slanderous lie. He's obviously struggling hard to feed his kids on that. Lol. The innocence.

Of course they do! the struggle is real... they spend that money on food and fuel they dont go to st vincent the paul for coal or food oh no that would be wrong...alot of the people on boards are gullible to say the least.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Of course they do! the struggle is real... they spend that money on food and fuel they dont go to st vincent the paul for coal or food oh no that would be wrong...alot of the people on boards are gullible to say the least.. lol

It's €3360.00 dropping in every month without fail or effort. Nice erm, work, if you can get it. Tax free and clear. Naff all rent, naff all ESB, Naff all water charges, Naff all property charges, unencumbered by nuisances like mortgages, school fees, tax on the car, maintaining your home, buying appliances for your home, and on and on. The mugs are the people funding this. Simple as. I count me as one of the mugs. Very much so.

pussies like you will always let them off the hook

lol!!!!!!!
    you havent the stomach for what needs to be done

not when it involves slaughtering, or the revolving door system with no rehabilitation
    we dont punish bad people harshly enough!

i would agree. certainly sentences for certain crimes do need to be longer.
    when there is sevre punishments for such things people tend to think twice before scamming!

no, they don't "think twice" about anything.

they don't want to be because it suits them to operate outside a society which has laws
    something not unique to travelers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Marian Finnucane gets almost 5 times as much as this fella per week. It's mad Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

The hyperbole and indignation in this thread is mighty :D

Are people annoyed because he's a traveller?
    Or is it that he is a traveller in receipt of state benefits?
    Or that he has 8 children?
    Or is it just the usual "Oh well, I'd be better off if I gave up work and went on the dole" rabble?

He gets the basic rate, that's it.
    No more, no less than anyone else in receipt of SW.

So what do people want?
    The usual bunk of "Get rid of benefits" because one traveller guy hits the news?
    Daily mail indignation makes some folks feel just a wee bit better about themselves.

He gets the same CB as EVERYONE else who has children. There are a hell of a lot of farmers and teachers out there with as many children as him and receive the same CB as him. Do you feel the same about "professional" folk getting state benefits or just like to rant about the less well off receiving it?

So is it the same old crap of the childless people in the state with the same old rant of "Why am I paying for you to be a breeder?" Take it your parents refused child benefit when they were raising you so ;):rolleyes:
    If they didn't hand it back, then imo, button it. Eaten bread is soon forgotten.

I have never been sick. Should I demand that people not receive disability allowance or that taxes should not be put into certain areas for people with long term illnesses etc?
    I'm not old(yet :D). Should we abolish state pensions and let the old feckers swing?
    You get the drift.

As I said before, some folks just love to rant about the same old shyte to make themselves feel a bit better and spend far too much time looking down to find people to vent their anger at :)

• Advertisement

lol!!!!!!!

not when it involves slaughtering, or the revolving door system with no rehabilitation

i would agree. certainly sentences for certain crimes do need to be longer.

no, they don't "think twice" about anything.

You can lol all your want but its people with the same attitude as yourself that they are loling at as they stroll out to collect there "wage" the only revolving door is people with ur attitude trying to reason with them constantly, ive fresh news for yeah it doesnt work!

They d be loling also after they scammed your mother or grandmother out of money for dodgy tarmac and they wouldnt lose a wink of sleep either! welcome to reality!

Harsh punishment for harsh crimes or constant repeat of the same crime is the way it should be,

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Some people think to themselves, "I can't afford to have another kid without a pay rise/better job...better not have one". Whereas irresponsible spongers like this lad just think, "Ahh I might as well squirt another one into the missus.. the state will pay". Surely some measure could be taken to avoid this type of thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Vomit wrote: »
    Some people think to themselves, "I can't afford to have another kid without a pay rise/better job...better not have one". Whereas irresponsible spongers like this lad just think, "Ahh I might as well squirt another one into the missus.. the state will pay". Surely some measure could be taken to avoid this type of thing?

Really?
    They really think that?
    Yeah cos €29.80 is enough to entice anyone :rolleyes:
    Give over

It could, you could take claims on an individual basis and refuse to give it to people that are baby factories but that would actually take balls, so that rules ireland out

You could also refuse to give people you know are scamming any benefits, for instance if a lad pulls up with 50000 euro worth of a 2015 and hasnt worked for the last 8 years, its a pretty safe bet you prob dont want to give that person benifits...

These are all very simple things but we dont want to upset the local scammers... maybe some day they ll be rehabilitated... lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

K4t wrote: »
    Only because they have been educated and most of their parents have been educated on the importance of contraception and how it isn't necessary to follow the church or the pope's stance on the issue. They are for the most part 'enlightened'. A lot of traveller's, both young and old, do not have that same knowledge, many of whom barely have primary or secondary level education and many of them are also extremely devout catholics.

Now you can say how is that the fault of the Catholics in name only when travellers do have access to the same education as the settled folk and Catholics in name only aren't forcing them to have large families? It's not their fault of course but they do share some responsibility for the large traveller families who have those families because of their opposition to contraception based on Catholic church teachings. The educated Irish give intellectual cover to the travellers by following the same church as them even if only in name or attending mass which at its core still shares those same beliefs (in this case opposition to contraception), only the educated Irish are educated and enlightened enough to know that it is smarter to go against those beliefs.

Yeah right, devout catholics when it suits them.

There's a commandment "thou shalt not steal" which a lot of them have no problem ignoring so I doubt taking the pill or putting on a rubber is as much of an issue as you seem to think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Would Sir prefer just the compulsory sterilisation of undesirables, or the whole concentration camp package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Easy. 8 kids. I'm surprised he has anything left to get drunk on.

But the thing is....he has.

I have to say that this story has made me sick. My wife and I work fulltime, have one kid. Feel lucky if we can afford to have a night out once a month.

This guy with his 8 kids gets handouts galore. I don't begrudge the kids the money but when a guy gets this amount of money and skilled professionals don't, well I give up.

Tordelback wrote: »
    Would Sir prefer just the compulsory sterilisation of undesirables, or the whole concentration camp package?

non sense that would be too expensive, give them luxurious cars, free accommodation, fuel,food, repairs when needed and of course complimentary over the top weddings when ever sir feels like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Perhaps he was working when he had those kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Jeremyr

TheTorment wrote: »
    I hate these Social Welfare threads normally but this is just outrageous.

Why the fùck do I bother getting up to go to work everyday? I'm thinking it is just to pay for the likes of him.

No do gooder could possibly defend this....

They won't defend it because of his second name

But if he was foreign/welfare tourist they would be all over it playing the racist card the first chance they get

Advertisement