Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man gets €840 a week on welfare

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

dosebier wrote: »
    I wouldn't begrudge a working family child benefit - its really the only payment from the government they receive - but parasites like this Chap are a scourge on society. They know exactly every trick in the book on social welfare.

Chaps like this only see children as a guaranteed income stream for the next 18 years to top up their dole. We need to bring in a cap on welfare from all sources to prevent this - no matter how many kids you have you are getting only X amount.

Its an insult to all the hard working (tax paying) people getting up at 6/7/8am every day to commute to work all over the country to see low-life's, criminals and absolute sc2mbags like this in very comfortable lives till the day they die.

You say "tax paying"?
    So everyone, in your opinion, in receipt of SW is a " low-life's, criminals and absolute sc2mbags " eh?

Bravo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    Im afraid me auld mate that your generalisation re the travelling community is akin to how the Yankee cops in Ferguson view the homies.

Now I wouldn't be going drinking with the McDonoghs or his ilk, however nowhere in the newspaper reports did it state that he scammed SW or drive a 2015 car. There are actually some travellers out there who are in poverty.

If you want to live in that gullible bubble off with you man, but to say it straight the vast majority of them live extravagant lifestyles without alot of work...

you re defence of them is up there with frozen and Narnia in terms of how far away from reality it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

evo2000 wrote: »
    You are ridiculously gullible... where did you grow up?

I love your defense of this outstanding citizen, but you re inability to read between the lines really does skew you re view and leaves you looking abit silly...
    evidence he has a 2015 car. or that people are standing up for him, rather then giving the facts.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I agree you re pretty much spot on with what you said but people dont want that they want to "rehabilitate" the poor mis guided souls that commit fraud... such is the gullible society we live in!
    Eight (8) kids. Nobody is trying "to rehabilitate the poor miss-guided souls that commit fraud". We're trying to give those 8 children a decent chance at life.

Im afraid me auld mate that your generalisation re the travelling community is akin to how the Yankee cops in Ferguson view the homies.

Now I wouldn't be going drinking with the McDonoghs or his ilk, however nowhere in the newspaper reports did it state that he scammed SW or drive a 2015 car. There are actually some travellers out there who are in poverty.

I find it rather amusing that people just want to "kick the cat" on this one :D
    I'm no major fan of the travelling community but neither am I of the opinion that they are all scammers and driving luxury yokes all the while having deliveries made on a daily basis by SVdP. :pac:

I also find it ironic that between 2006 and 2011 the birth rate among the traveller community was up by 30.3%
    In the same period among Foreign nationals, the birth rate increased by 49.5%.
    Will people be so quick to jump on that bandwagon?
    No. They wont.
    Because it would be seen being discriminatory and rightly so.

As I said....too many me feiners in these here parts :)

• Advertisement

evidence he has a 2015 car. or that people are standing up for him, rather then giving the facts.

Since your so keen on facts, evidence that he doesnt have a 2015? good lad.

Also if you dont belive me that alot of them drive ridiculously expensive cars and dont work, take a stroll down to ur local halting site..

I dont hold it against em if they can get away with it fair play to em, but to deny it or think that its not going on... you d have to be a special sort of stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

If you want to live in that gullible bubble off with you man, but to say it straight the vast majority of them live extravagant lifestyles without alot of work...

you re defence of them is up there with frozen and Narnia in terms of how far away from reality it is!

Question for you. Is it because it's assumed he's a traveller or is it because the rate is €840.

If your upset because of the rate, fair enough, get onto FG,FF,or Lucinda's crowd
    If its because he's a traveller, well....

Since your so keen on facts, evidence that he doesnt have a 2015? good lad.

Also if you dont belive me that alot of them drive ridiculously expensive cars and dont work, take a stroll down to ur local halting site..

I dont hold it against em if they can get away with it fair play to em, but to deny it or think that its not going on... you d have to be a special sort of stupid!

That's not how it works.
    You make a claim, you support it with YOUR evidence.
    If you cant, it doesn't exist and your claim is baseless and therefore your comment is unfounded.
    Your "opinion" based on the above is utterly irrelevant as thats as it is.
    Its not fact

Question for you. Is it because it's assumed he's a traveller or is it because the rate is €840.

If your upset because of the rate, fair enough, get onto FG,FF,or Lucinda's crowd
    If its because he's a traveller, well....

Ahh man you must be from D4 or something you re perspective of reality is just so gullible, i get you give people the benefit of the doubt and innocent till proven guilty but in this instance its very ****ing gullible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Ahh man you must be from D4 or something you re perspective of reality is just so gullible, i get you give people the benefit of the doubt and innocent till proven guilty but in this instance its very ****ing gullible!

I like to think I give people the benefit of the doubt. In other words I don't judge books by their covers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

TheTorment wrote: »
    I hate these Social Welfare threads normally but this is just outrageous.

Why the fùck do I bother getting up to go to work everyday? I'm thinking it is just to pay for the likes of him.

No do gooder could possibly defend this....

The reason we get up in the mornings, do our job which most of us don't like is not just for money to survive but for potential. Potential of what tomorrow brings. Could we do this on our iwn, could we grow it, could we better it. It's not a question of how much this guy gets - it's a mentality which I have, along with nearly every hard working person. Let him have his pound of glest - I'm looking forward to the potential for tomorrow.

Smidge wrote: »
    That's not how it works.
    You make a claim, you support it with YOUR evidence.
    If you cant, it doesn't exist and your claim is baseless and therefore your comment is unfounded.
    Your "opinion" based on the above is utterly irrelevant as thats as it is.
    Its not fact

My evidence is im not ****ing stupid and most people would laugh at you if that was your opinion, we re not in a court room so im just gonna go with common sense as my evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

:rolleyes: not that I believe facts mean anything to you or will halt your use of ridiculous statements like the one above.....but for the benefit of those reading: the cop in Ferguson was cleared of any wrongdoing. So the "homie" Mike Brown was the problem from step one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2920817/FBI-completes-federal-probe-Ferguson-shooting.html

My evidence is im not ****ing stupid and most people would laugh at you if that was your opinion, we re not in a court room so im just gonna go with common sense as my evidence.

So in other words your evidence and opinion on these things are based on what you read on you FB feed.
    Well done :rolleyes:

So in other words your evidence and opinion on these things are based on what you read on you FB feed.

Id say FB feed are more you re thing, ur so gullible its laughable lol The world is all sunshine and rainbows till proven otherwise according to you theres alot of things people cant prove, it doesnt make em any less true or that they dont happen again this is boards not a court room !

Common sense and life experience are my proof!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

And you seem to be of an opinion that people who already have money and are not on the lowest socio-economic rung of the societal ladder(ie people in receipt of SW)are more entitled to it.
    Not really the purpose it was intended for.

Even though both my parents worked, we were poor - that is why they both had to work. Definitely had no money.

So I'm afraid you have formed a wrong opinion of me.

I have no objection to people claiming benefits, through circumstances beyond their control. My objection is to those who make a career out of not working.

I cant prove theres a car being stolen somewhere in the world right now.. but i know somewhere its happening! Magic!:eek:

Mo60 wrote: »
    Even though both my parents worked, we were poor - that is why they both had to work. Definitely had no money.

I have no objection to people claiming benefits, through circumstances beyond their control. My objection is to those who make a career out of not working.

Well said lad, i 100% agree with it and you couldnt word it any better than "Making a career out of not working" lol

BUT!!

Can you prove thats happening tho! lol

Id say FB feed are more you re thing, ur so gullible its laughable lol The world is all sunshine and rainbows till proven otherwise according to you theres alot of things people cant prove, it doesnt make em any less true or that they dont happen again this is boards not a court room !

Common sense and life experience are my proof!

I would have thought you were 15? Given your sig ;)

I think you'll find that sensible people tend not to make sweeping generalisations as, in the end it only makes you look like a mug who hasn't a clue what the are on about so just spouts hyperbolic DM nonsense and just wants to rant as they cannot see past their own bigotry and narrow mindedness .
    That and their FB feed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hurlsey

I think many people here may be ignoring the underlying fact that the Social Welfare system in Ireland needs a serious overhaul. Fair enough the article that started this thread is going to provide some very polarised opinion. Most social welfare claims are based in evidence, your claim is processed and you either get or you don't.... But... What if.... People lie?!

The fact of the matter is, leaving aside the gentleman mentioned in the article who may very well be entitled to what he is claiming, welfare tourism exists, welfare fraud exists. Until such a time as steps are taken to actually eradicate this, hard working, hard up people who pay through there 4RS3 in taxes are going to be enraged by articles like the OP!!

I do believe that society through social welfare should help those less fortunate who are in genuine need of support, but those who fraudulently claim any benefits essentially dipping into our pockets, it's our taxes after all, should be dealt with in an appropriate manner so as discourage this behaviour!

• Advertisement

I cant prove theres a car being stolen somewhere in the world right now.. but i know somewhere its happening! Magic!:eek:

i rest my case :D:D:D

On a side note, I didnt realise the midterm was so early?

i rest my case :D:D:D

On a side note, I didnt realise the midterm was so early?

If you re case was to prove you re a gullible mug the bravo! lmao :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hurlsey

they can do yes. some have been jailed.

not as far as i know, the evidence seems to be that going down that route costs more as people turn to crime instead.

i'd imagine its deducted at source.

Yes, but if someone has no gainful employment, what "source" is it deducted from??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

If you re case was to prove you re a gullible mug the bravo! lmao :rolleyes:
    How not to write a comeback 101.

Mo60 wrote: »

And you of me ;)

I just dont jump on the "everyone on SW is a a scrounger and aren't they all having a whale of a time with their 52 inch tv and 6 foreign hols a year" bandwagon.
    My folks worked(3 jobs between them). What gives me the irits is people with the sweeping generalisations and the usual AH "dole" crap.
    Think its so great?
    Jack your job in and go for it and quit your moaning(not directed at you btw, just in general :)).
    Me?
    No thanks.

hurlsey wrote: »
    I think many people here may be ignoring the underlying fact that the Social Welfare system in Ireland needs a serious overhaul. Fair enough the article that started this thread is going to provide some very polarised opinion. Most social welfare claims are based in evidence, your claim is processed and you either get or you don't.... But... What if.... People lie?!
    I'd have people sign on every day for a start. If they have something else to be doing then they don't need the dole.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    How not to write a comeback 101.

I think he missed class that day :D

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I'd have people sign on every day for a start. If they have something else to be doing then they don't need the dole.

To a certain extent, I agree with this. Except for the fact that the signing on office in my area is a 25 mile round trip :eek:

Edit. I dont sign on there just know where it is in case I get accused of being a scrounger ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The total cost of building 10 homes at Stocking Hill was €5,075,879.

add 500k for his taxpayer funded house

Hmmmmm
    Article wrote:
    Charlie McDonagh
    Article wrote:
    A jobless boxer

Article wrote:
    father of eight
    Article wrote:
    an address at Stocking Hill, Rathfarnham
    Article wrote:
    I have no schooling.

Not to jump to conclusions but theres a halting site on Stocking hill is there not?

EDIT .Too late to the party. Bah.

It shouldn't be possible to receive €870 a week on social welfare.

• Advertisement

My evidence is im not ****ing stupid
    Can't see that as being admissible in court I'm afraid. In fact, citing it as evidence in the first place sort of disproves it in itself.

Advertisement