Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

125% Increase in car renewal for customer of 10 years.

Options
  • 02-02-2015 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Hi Liberty reps,

I received my renewal quote this year - what a lovely start to the week.
    I'll try to be as concise as possible as it makes absolutely no sense. 
    The only difference between this years quote and last year from my perspective is I'm a year older and have 1 years extra NCB accrued. 
    So......
    • Base premium has increased by 120%, 
    • Consequently loading on a claim has increased as well, (Remembering this claim is approx 2 years old so was part of last years policy too, this is not new.) So as well as increasing the rate on the loading this year by 5% , bear in mind it's calculated as a % on the base premium, this results in an increase on loading of a small claim of 133% from last year.
    [*]

So all in, a healthy increase in of 125%, with absolutely no change from my side as a drive. No new points, no new claims, same car (a 1.8 saloon,) same address, same full licence and I've been with you for a decade too and I'm well into my 30's.

And for context, this is not a few hundred of an increase, it's upwards of €2,000.

So any particular rational for this HUGE increase for no apparent reason??

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Hi A-Trak,

We understand you are disappointed with the renewal premium offered to you this year.

Would you like to PM me your details and we can have a look at the policy.

Thanks

Una
    A-Trak wrote: »
    Hi Liberty reps,

I received my renewal quote this year - what a lovely start to the week.
    I'll try to be as concise as possible as it makes absolutely no sense. 
    The only difference between this years quote and last year from my perspective is I'm a year older and have 1 years extra NCB accrued. 
    So......
    • Base premium has increased by 120%, 
    • Consequently loading on a claim has increased as well, (Remembering this claim is approx 2 years old so was part of last years policy too, this is not new.) So as well as increasing the rate on the loading this year by 5% , bear in mind it's calculated as a % on the base premium, this results in an increase on loading of a small claim of 133% from last year.

[*]

So all in, a healthy increase in of 125%, with absolutely no change from my side as a drive. No new points, no new claims, same car (a 1.8 saloon,) same address, same full licence and I've been with you for a decade too and I'm well into my 30's.

And for context, this is not a few hundred of an increase, it's upwards of €2,000.

So any particular rational for this HUGE increase for no apparent reason??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Thanks Una - PM sent.

While I'm here, since Monday the quote has gone up by €50?

Hi A-Trak,

Your details have been passed to our renewals team and a member of this department will be in contact to discuss this with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

How much was the claim?

Hi Keith C,
    We are not in a position to discuss policy information in a public forum.
    If you have your own query regarding a quote or renewal please PM us with the details.
    Thanks
    Una
    Keith C wrote: »
    How much was the claim?

• Advertisement
Advertisement