Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using the Garda descriptor while off duty?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Willfarman wrote: »
    I know there is a level of police corruption in any given country but this really sickens me to the pit of my stomach.

Agreed, What a f**ing scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Allinall wrote: »
    Why wouldn’t he be allowed to carry on in his job?

Are you for real.??
    In case you haven't noticed this guy is a serving member of AGS.
    That happens to be the organization tasked with PROTECTING citizens of this state, not violently attacking them while pissed drunk at 4am on a dark country road.
    Maybe you're unaware of the evidence produced at the original trial.
    One woman had clumps of hair pulled out (these were found on the ground by the Garda who attended the scene after the 999 call) She was punched and kicked in the face while on the ground, later requiring 510 euro of dental treatment. Other 2 girls confirmed this happened.
    Second girl came to help her and was punched twice in the face.
    A passing motorist stopped to help when he saw him dragging a girl by the hair.
    This 'reasonable doubt' scenario comes into play because the accused claims he 'only' punched the girl once and not 6 to 8 times. In other words, its ok for a man of over 6 foot to punch a girl of a little more that 5 foot. Basically, the judge has branded all 3 girls, the other witness, and the investigating Garda as liars.
    The 'self defence' claim holds no water as he could simply have walked away, or even ran, into the darkness if he felt threatened.
    This verdict stinks and if possible be re-appealed, and certainly needs to be highlighted by the politicans serving North Tipperary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Can an appeal be overturned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

I loved that movie they made about this lad. Don Cheadle was in it and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

... noting that the Garda is over 6ft and the victim is 5'3 and of slight build, apparently it's "ok" that he alleges he "only" hit her once sure! :rolleyes:

This is another case of the too-cozy relationship between key organs of the State and another reason why neither are fit for purpose at this point.

I worked in a bar before as a student.
    I've seen slight and short women attack bouncers on more than a few occasions. Some women seem to thrive on the unwritten rule that they can't be hit no matter what they do.

Not commenting directly on this case but their respective sizes shouldn't be a factor in believing his story (or not) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/garda-has-convictions-for-assaulting-two-young-women-in-row-over-15-fee-successfully-overturned-37161184.html
    "If I could take it all back I would. It's easily the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

he was fcuking shot before in the US....and an assault charge is worse??

I'd hang him for such lies alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

washman3 wrote: »
    Are you for real.??
    In case you haven't noticed this guy is a serving member of AGS.
    That happens to be the organization tasked with PROTECTING citizens of this state, not violently attacking them while pissed drunk at 4am on a dark country road.
    Maybe you're unaware of the evidence produced at the original trial.
    One woman had clumps of hair pulled out (these were found on the ground by the Garda who attended the scene after the 999 call) She was punched and kicked in the face while on the ground, later requiring 510 euro of dental treatment. Other 2 girls confirmed this happened.
    Second girl came to help her and was punched twice in the face.
    A passing motorist stopped to help when he saw him dragging a girl by the hair.
    This 'reasonable doubt' scenario comes into play because the accused claims he 'only' punched the girl once and not 6 to 8 times. In other words, its ok for a man of over 6 foot to punch a girl of a little more that 5 foot. Basically, the judge has branded all 3 girls, the other witness, and the investigating Garda as liars.
    The 'self defence' claim holds no water as he could simply have walked away, or even ran, into the darkness if he felt threatened.
    This verdict stinks and if possible be re-appealed, and certainly needs to be highlighted by the politicans serving North Tipperary.

Not a chance the politicians will touch this. Cowards will always defend and stick by cowards.

The guy is a fcuking thug. The decision on appeal stinks to high heaven.

Advertisement