Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems Subscribing

Options
  • 02-02-2015 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭

This morning, I paid to be a subscriber thru PayPal. But I still do not have any Subscriber privileges. Does this take time to activate or is there something wrong? The payment was accepted but nothing happened on this end!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It can take a good few hours to get it processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Spear wrote: »
    It can take a good few hours to get it processed.

OK, I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks.

What kind of privileges are you missing?

What kind of privileges are you missing?

Well, it doesn't seem to have done anything. Even in this post, at the time of writing, it calls me "Registered User" where it should see me as "Subscriber" (I think)

But it still tells me I can't PM to more than 5 people, it doesn't give me an option to add a custom Avatar and I do not have access to the Subscriber Forum

So basically, it's done nothing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Still no sign of you in the subscribers group, so it's time to get this checked by the admins/office.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello Laois_Man.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in getting you added to the Subscriber's User Group.

I have asked for a site Admin to look into this ASAP, and to let us know when it's been sorted.

When you have been added, you will have to manually choose to display yourself as a Subscriber. This is very easy to do. Just click on your User CP, and over to the left, second from the top, you should see the "Networking" box. Click on Group Memberships, and place the dot in the box that says "Identify me as a member of this group" beside the "Subscribers" User Group. Your name colour will change to Red, and you'll have "Subscriber" under it by default.

You can change the default title of "Subscriber" by entering your User CP again, and again, over to the left, the first box is "Your Profile". The first option under there is "Edit Your Details". When you click through this link, you should see the "Optional Information" box, underneath the "Registration Required Information" box. The first option in there should be "Custom User Title". Enter your desired User Title, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click "Save Changes". Your User Title should now be changed.

Certain User Titles are not permitted, such as "Administrator", "Moderator", and so on. You will be notified immediately if you enter a User Title that is not permitted, and prompted to change it.

When an Admin has confirmed that you have been added to the Subscriber's User Group, just follow the above instructions and you should be fine. Please let us know if you encounter any problems.

Thanks,

Shield.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Laois_Man,
    If you'd like to email hello@boards.ie, I can check our Paypal account for you to see if your payment has come through or not.

email sent

Thank you all

Since the office is handling this direct, I'll close this off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement