Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 31 Pre Show Thread March 29 2015 *Potential Spoilers*

• 02-02-2015 3:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

Dave Meltzer confirmed on his podcast yesterday that Daniel Bryan v Dolph Ziggler is a lock for Mania. The plan had been Sheamus but Bryan requested Ziggler.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Ageyev wrote: »
    Dave Meltzer confirmed on his podcast yesterday that Daniel Bryan v Dolph Ziggler is a lock for Mania. The plan had been Sheamus but Bryan requested Ziggler.

"Dammit throw are most popular guy and 3rd most popular guy into the first match on WM 31, it might shut them up booing the rest of the show"

Bryan and Ziggler all they are getting is more then 15 minutes. They will be told to not over do things so they won't overshadow the son in law and golden boy. This is just throwing a bone to the fans they know will boo the hell out of Reigns/Lesnar. This won't get any build maybe a little on Smackdown. But don't be surprised this is on First and they won't get more then 10 minutes. Disgraceful in my view they had no serious plans for their most popular wrestler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

When did the Bryan / Ziggler story line start or did it start yet. I heard something about tweets but did anything take place on screen yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Looper007 wrote: »
    "Dammit throw are most popular guy and 3rd most popular guy into the first match on WM 31, it might shut them up booing the rest of the show"

Bryan and Ziggler all they are getting is more then 15 minutes. They will be told to not over do things so they won't overshadow the son in law and golden boy. This is just throwing a bone to the fans they know will boo the hell out of Reigns/Lesnar. This won't get any build maybe a little on Smackdown. But don't be surprised this is on First and they won't get more then 10 minutes. Disgraceful in my view they had no serious plans for their most popular wrestler.
    And they will go out there to steal the show as a middle finger salute to the booking department (one of the few reasons for Bryan to ask for Ziggler after all)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They had better add something decent to Mania, so far it looks really weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Nody wrote: »
    And they will go out there to steal the show as a middle finger salute to the booking department (one of the few reasons for Bryan to ask for Ziggler after all)...

I can see them putting this on the pre show just Incase as they know not as many people will watch it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I can see them putting this on the pre show just Incase as they know not as many people will watch it

There is no chance in hell that they're putting Daniel Bryan on the pre-show

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Some of ye guys make it seem like the WWE hate Bryan. While his booking hasn't always been great he wouldn't be three time WWE champion if that were the case.

No way will Bryan be wrestling on the pre show. No way are they only giving Bryan a quick match to keep fans happy. That's crazy talk. While the WWE are insistent on making Reigns a big star that does not mean they have no time for Bryan. He is a big part of their plans. Granted he should have won the Rumble in my view, but please don't exaggerate the backstage views on Bryan.

Some of ye guys make it seem like the WWE hate Bryan. While his booking hasn't always been great he wouldn't be three time WWE champion if that were the case.

No way will Bryan be wrestling on the pre show. No way are they only giving Bryan a quick match to keep fans happy. That's crazy talk. While the WWE are insistent on making Reigns a big star that does not mean they have no time for Bryan. He is a big part of their plans. Granted he should have won the Rumble in my view, but please don't exaggerate the backstage views on Bryan.

They only gave him his first WWE title so Cena wouldn't have been the one they buried. His third WWE reign was only given to him cause the fans would have ****ted on anything else.

Well they don't come across like they love him either Galway. Come on now. Yeah they wouldn't be that bloody stupid to throw him on the pre show but they ain't that smart either that they will throw him on the opening match for a 10 minute match just so they get him out of the way.

The fact he isn't even in the top 5 matches rumoured at the moment for WM 31. Just blows you're views out of the water.

Lesnar/Reigns
    HHH/Sting
    Cena/Rusev
    Rollins/Orton
    Taker/Wyatt

The most popular superstar isn't even in the top 5 matches is not showing love from WWE for me. The fact they wanted to throw him Sheamus for the third time at WM doesn't show love or they had any plans set for him. I don't think they respect anywhere the way they should (the RR moment this year showed that).

Nody wrote: »

That's if it gets the time it deserves and the build too. I'm just very anti-WWE when it comes to Bryan's booking right now. This match should get 25 minutes and a proper good build up, two of the most respected and liked guys with the fans. But I'm thinking it be opening match, with average build up and 10 minutes just so they won't overshadow the rest of the card.

The WM 31 card is looking very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

They only gave him his first WWE title so Cena wouldn't have been the one they buried. His third WWE reign was only given to him cause the fans would have ****ted on anything else.

I agree with the rest in that it's ridiculous Daniel Bryan doesn't have a proper program for WrestleMania but lets not lose ourselves here. Bryan went over Cena clean as a whistle at Summerslam. I can only think of two other people to do that since Cena became the guy and that's The Rock & Brock Lesnar. To trivialise this as him only winning to avoid burying Cena is nothing short of ridiculous. Especially since Bryan never got buried in that feud and Orton put him over mutliple times.

• Advertisement

Well they don't come across like they love him either Galway. Come on now. Yeah they wouldn't be that bloody stupid to throw him on the pre show but they ain't that smart either that they will throw him on the opening match for a 10 minute match just so they get him out of the way.

The fact he isn't even in the top 5 matches rumoured at the moment for WM 31. Just blows you're views out of the water.

Lesnar/Reigns
    HHH/Sting
    Cena/Rusev
    Rollins/Orton
    Taker/Wyatt

The most popular superstar isn't even in the top 5 matches is not showing love from WWE for me. The fact they wanted to throw him Sheamus for the third time at WM doesn't show love or they had any plans set for him. I don't think they respect anywhere the way they should (the RR moment this year showed that).

I don't disagree that he should have a bigger match at Wrestlemania. All I'm saying is people here talking about WWE throwing him on the preshow and all that crap are seriously going overboard.

Also your comments on why they gave him his first title make no sense. If that were the case they would have had Orton or someone else go over Cena with Triple Hs help. They didn't. They had Bryan go over fairly cleanly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I agree with the rest in that it's ridiculous Daniel Bryan doesn't have a proper program for WrestleMania but lets not lose ourselves here. Bryan went over Cena clean as a whistle at Summerslam. I can only think of two other people to do that since Cena became the guy and that's The Rock & Brock Lesnar. To trivialise this as him only winning to avoid burying Cena is nothing short of ridiculous. Especially since Bryan never got buried in that feud and Orton put him over mutliple times.

He also pinned Trips clean at Mania despite interference from Steph and pinned Batista later that night despite Trips interfering again.

Think he was the first to beat the Shield as well wasn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Posts moved from news thread.

I know it is early and that but the only show in town for the next 50 or so days will be WM talk, so rather than clogging the news thread, I said I would move posts and start its own thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So the card is...

Reigns vs Lesnar(ughhhhhhh)

Cena vs Rusev(CENAWINSLOL)

Ziggler vs DB(will be awesome but both guys deserve a higher spot)

HHH vs Sting

Rollins vs Orton

Cody vs Goldust?(subtle hints this may happen)

Miz vs Sandow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

And after Rusev is beaten by Cena (no doubt, recreating how Cena beat Umaga), he will go on to be an "Every Big Man Ever®™" and start losing to everyone. Slide further down the card, and eventually be released in about 12 months time

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    And after Rusev is beaten by Cena (no doubt, recreating how Cena beat Umaga), he will go on to be an "Every Big Man Ever®™" and start losing to everyone. Slide further down the card, and eventually be released in about 12 months time

Difference between Rusev and most of those other guys is Rusev is genuinely talented. I think he'll be fine.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Difference between Rusev and most of those other guys is Rusev is genuinely talented. I think he'll be fine.

Ya, i hated him at first, but he's kinda grown on me. (Lana helps matters). However, I fear the scenario laid out seems to happen to every big guy eventually (WWE haven't a clue of how to handle a big man long term)

Umaga who was awesome hung around for a few years and was really good until his tragic death. His feud with Jeff to name just one was fantastic, he was good enough not to lose his heat after losing. The booking is obviously key, but if Umaga was able to keep his heat, no reason for Rusev to be doomed.

I don't think its an absolute cert that Cena will beat Rusev, wouldn't be totally shocked if they let Rusev win and decide to feed him to Reigns for the summer.

Dump the dumb Russian gimmick and Rusev will be fine. He can certainly go in the ring. He's talanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ya, i hated him at first, but he's kinda grown on me. (Lana helps matters). However, I fear the scenario laid out seems to happen to every big guy eventually (WWE haven't a clue of how to handle a big man long term)

Which makes no sense really seeing as Vince has such a hard on for the big guys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Umaga had some wellness that must have played a role in his position a lititle down the card.

Others were built up in knowledge it was a short term thing and to provide new opponents for likes of Cena.

I don't get that vibe from Rusev. I don't get main event, top talent vibe either. Looks like a B PPV main eventer.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Umaga who was awesome

He was awesome. I think the best big man in a long, long time. But he was never the same after Cena beat him.

The rumoured card for WM 31 is pretty damn underwhelming right now. Only really matches I could see Two matches been of any use (and one of them won't get any time at all imo)

Lesnar/Reigns- if Lesnar pulls a great match out of Reigns, he deserve a knighthood. I can see this match been planned out down to a tee behind the scenes seen as on Austin podcast neither men can call matches. Unless this is out and out classic the crowd will be very pro Lesnar.

Sting/HHH- This is going to be awful. If its a straight up wrestling match, Sting can't go anymore and hasn't been able too since the late 90's. HHH will be doing well to carry him. I could see a lot of Vince Russo style booking for this. Keep it short and sweet (20 mins) and it could be a decent WM match.

Cena/Rusev- I can't see this been more then a good solid match. The fans will be pro Rusev of course but Cena can sometimes up his game.

Taker/Wyatt- This won't be great. Taker looks broke down and Wyatt hasn't impressed me outside of been in the ring with Daniel Bryan. Like the Sting/HHH match keep it short and sweet, sure Taker's walk to the ring takes up 20 minutes alone so keep the match to 15 minutes and they might get a good match out of it.

Orton/Rollins- This has potential like Ziggler/Bryan to steal the show, if given the time. Rollins is on a roll and Orton is great on his day.

Bryan/Ziggler- Could be match of the night but sadly I doubt it get the time it deserves. It just seems like a random match to please the pro Bryan/Ziggler fanbases. Still find it insulting it won't be higher up the card . I'm praying its given at least 25 minutes.

Diva match
    Battle Royale
    Tag Match

I think it should be enough for a stacked card.

What does everyone think of the rumoured matches (well Reigns/Lesnar and Sting/HHH are set in stone) so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The most popular superstar isn't even in the top 5 matches is not showing love from WWE for me.

the most popular wrestler in wwe is cena by a long way still. cena is still well ahead in terms of every metric that matters to wwe (quarter hour ratings gains, merch sales, ticket sales, social media followers)

speaking of cena not sure what wwe are doing with him for mania considering rusev and cena is taking place at fast lane. they could possibly have a rematch at mania or they could make it a tag match cena and hogan vs rusev and someone. personally i think they are really not using cena to the best of his abilities either, when you think new japan have no issues having tana mainevent his 8th tokyo dome show since 2005 and wwe have cena in the midcard two years in a row at mania..

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the most popular wrestler in wwe is cena by a long way still. cena is still well ahead in terms of every metric that matters to wwe (quarter hour ratings gains, merch sales, ticket sales, social media followers)

Well he's has been on top for what 10 years now. But Bryan is over with the crowd. does good ratings too and sells merch without the full support of his boss.

He was awesome. I think the best big man in a long, long time. But he was never the same after Cena beat him.

Umaga was the ****. Loved the sight of him no selling chair shot after chair shot. Proper monster heel and he could move for a big lad too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kolido wrote: »
    When did the Bryan / Ziggler story line start or did it start yet. I heard something about tweets but did anything take place on screen yet?

Nothing on screen yet

I assume Ziggler will be turning heel

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I assume Ziggler will be turning heel

Took them forever to get him over as a face, hope they don't tbh.

It will be babyface vs babyface.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

So the card is...

Reigns vs Lesnar(ughhhhhhh)

Cena vs Rusev(CENAWINSLOL)

Ziggler vs DB(will be awesome but both guys deserve a higher spot)

HHH vs Sting

Rollins vs Orton

Cody vs Goldust?(subtle hints this may happen)

Miz vs Sandow

Looks like too many singles matches. Need to get your six-man tag in there and a four-way tag and a poorly booked and poorly promoted women's match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement