Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 31 Pre Show Thread March 29 2015 *Potential Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah it always surprises the huge percentage of fans that oblivious to anything outside of RAW.

Whenever a FCW/OVW/NXT guy have popped up on PPV without any hype it's generally an anti-climax.

Be honest did anyone give a crap about Rusev when he turned up in the rumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Be honest did anyone give a crap about Rusev when he turned up in the rumble.

Was Rusev that much of a big deal when he was in NXT to be honest? I was surprised he was pushed so hard.

I got to say after watching Smackdown, the IC ladder match is looking like the best thing going into WM after I was down on it, the wrestlers have won me over making me believe the title means something. The matches on Smackdown in the gauntlet run especially between Bryan/Harper and Bryan/Ziggler were excellent. I would love to see a singles match between Bryan/Ziggler at Extreme Rules for the IC title. It will steal the show. That's if either of them win it.

Yeah I'd much prefer Balor make a grand entrance the day after wrestlemania and shoot a big angle.

I doubt he get a big angle when he debuts, he beat a few jobbers then after a month or two and when the crowd gets to know him. He feud for the US title or IC title.

Its going to be interesting (probably more scary) to see what Vince does with Balor. I think going in with low expectations and hoping he's used to the best of his abilities, but anyone under 6ft and not cut in the mould of what Vince loves who can't go in with big grand dreams.

Balor should get over, he's got a good gimmick with the paint and he's a good looking guy. But unless he pulls a "Bryan" I don't think he make it past mid card status, no matter how great he is in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Bit off topic but the theme this year is a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Bit off topic but the theme this year is a cracker.

Usually hate their theme choices as of late but Rise is quite good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Tugboats wrote: »
    No you wouldn't. If you were booking this you would have a vested interest in WWE and would be milking the WWE cash cow...

Cena at this stage could lose to Aj Lee and it would do him no harm. Cena stands to gain very little by beating Rusev while it would make Rusev if he was to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Does anyone know if anywhere in Limerick is gonna be showing this live???

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Your laptop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Your laptop!

Well I have the network and will be having a few friends over but if there was somewhere showing it, like Showtime cinema 2 years ago it'd be even better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Observer:
    According to a schedule update last night for the WWE Network, the pre-show match will be the tag team title match that will feature Tyson Kidd & Cesaro vs. Los Matadores vs. The New Day vs. Usos (if Jey is able to perform).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I kinda understand having that as the pre-show match. Like if they are gonna have a 2 hour pre-show leading into a 4 hour ppv you gotta offer a decent match. Adam Rose v Zach Ryder or The Ascension v PrimeTime Players wouldnt really cut it for WMs pre-show match. And from the wrestlers pov they will still get a WM payday even as a pre-show match. And from a match standard maybe they'll get 12-15 mins on the pre-show compared to 6 with entrances on the ppv itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

The Rock to run interference at WM, costing Lesnar the title and helping his cousin win, setting up Rock v Lesnar for WM32?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

veganrun wrote: »
    The Rock to run interference at WM, costing Lesnar the title and helping his cousin win, setting up Rock v Lesnar for WM32?

Please no, how many boos do they want

veganrun wrote: »

The Rock should have learned after RR not to go anywhere near Reigns, he would turn heel just for helping Reigns. Could you imagine the heat that would get.

I don't want Lesnar vs The Rock, the Rock can barely go anymore In the ring and I rather have the memory if their great match Summerslam match from 2002. Give me Bryan vs Lesnar and we get a classic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

LeeJM wrote: »
    I kinda understand having that as the pre-show match. Like if they are gonna have a 2 hour pre-show leading into a 4 hour ppv you gotta offer a decent match. Adam Rose v Zach Ryder or The Ascension v PrimeTime Players wouldnt really cut it for WMs pre-show match. And from the wrestlers pov they will still get a WM payday even as a pre-show match. And from a match standard maybe they'll get 12-15 mins on the pre-show compared to 6 with entrances on the ppv itself.

I dont. The tag team titles should be defended at Wrestlemania and it should mean something. Theres plenty of crap you can put on a pre show like the Andre the Giant battle Royal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I dont. The tag team titles should be defended at Wrestlemania and it should mean something. Theres plenty of crap you can put on a pre show like the Andre the Giant battle Royal

Battle Royale is never gonna be the pre-show as there is much bigger stars in the Battle Royale.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Battle Royale is never gonna be the pre-show as there is much bigger stars in the Battle Royale.

Its also likely going to be a payoff for a feud that's been building for months (Miz/Mizdow).

The battle Royal is for Jobbers that the WWE have no real plan for. The tag team champions should be above them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

The battle Royal is for Jobbers that the WWE have no real plan for. The tag team champions should be above them

Not when the tag team champions are fighting Los Matadores & New Day. That match had pre show written all over it

Not when the tag team champions are fighting Los Matadores & New Day. That match had pre show written all over it

They shouldn't be fighting them that's obvious. Wrestlemania should have important title matches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They shouldn't be fighting them that's obvious. Wrestlemania should have important title matches

I think a tag team turmoil should have been held involving Los Matadores, New Day, The Uso's, Primetime Players and Kidd/Cesaro. I think then you could debut the Ascension as surprise entrants instead of the lame run they got. Either that or do a 5 team turmoil with a post-Mania raw debut of Ascension. Always a good time for an arrival.

Also, Stardust doesn't fit into the ladder match. Goldust and him should have been awarded a short match on Mania. Very much a shame IMO.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I would have thought it would be better having the NXT fatal 4 way on the pre show

Pure Sports Build:
    Preparing for war: Rusev's WrestleMania workout | WWE.com http://www.wwe.com/videos/preparing-for-war-rusevs-wrestlemania-workout-27209451

Excited for a week of amazing hype videos that they probably won't put on TV for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

rovert wrote: »
    Mostly likely Neville.

Neville wasn't part of the last NXT taping. People in attendence assumed he is being called up.

He would be the most suited for it.

If it came down to Neville and Miz - for example - then Neville does his flippy-dips (before losing) he'd be making an impression. You can deal with that accent later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Is it weird that this time next week mania will be nearly started and i have no usual wrestlemania feeling ? I mean compared to last year it's not even close. Anyone else the same ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I know it'll be a fun show and I have wrestling fans to watch with for the first time proper so I'm looking forward to it but the only match I can't wait for is Cena-Rusev. Even the ladder match is meh.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is it weird that this time next week mania will be nearly started and i have no usual wrestlemania feeling ? I mean compared to last year it's not even close. Anyone else the same ?

Ya the excitement isn't there. It was always going to be a struggle for me this year as I only got back into wrestling last year when the Network launched. Previously only watched Mania for the streak. I think a year of watching it full time again has not helped. I have zero interest in Lesnar or Reigns and with the streak gone even seeing Taker(fav wrestler since childhood) won't really be the same. It's looking like a watch on Monday for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Titus Andronicus

Yep,another Monday watcher here too.
    I only ever watch PPV's anymore & I actually check for ratings before I commit to watching them.
    The excessive padding with the long entrances & rest holds to prolong matches really annoy me so I need that FF button.
    Cuts it down to a 2 hour show with a bottle of vino, lovely.
    Just need to stay off the internet in work on Friday to avoid spoilers.

People always talk about not feeling it at this time. Talk to me Sunday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Wasn't feeling it until this morning.

Now I'm dying to see some new promo/hype videos and watch old matches all week.

They should be aiming to top Bryan's amazingly edited "Monster" one from last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement