Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 31 Pre Show Thread March 29 2015 *Potential Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The Rusev video on wwe.com should fit the bill. It's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Themonkey

wrestlemania results - (sting defeats hhh) (john cena defeats rusev) (undertaker defeats bray wyatt) (aj and paige defeat the bellas) (dean ambrose wins intercontinental belt) (randy orton defeats seth rollins) (brock beats reigns) (fact results)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Brock beats Reigns...where you getting this from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Themonkey wrote: »
    wrestlemania results - sting defeats hhh john cena defeats rusev undertaker defeats bray wyatt aj and paige defeat the bellas dean ambrose wins intercontinental belt randy orton defeats seth rollins brock beats reigns fact results

Ever heard of punctuation? And how is this "fact?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Hear it on the news every day nearly but I didn't really cop how bad the Euro-Dollar exchange rate is now. I added up how much I am spending on iPPVs this weekend and couldn't believe the cost in Euros now. Probably a tenner more but then again I ain't paying Sky Box Office anymore. But God help anyone actually going to Wrestlemania this year.

Why can't be 2008 again? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Wasn't feeling it until this morning.

Now I'm dying to see some new promo/hype videos and watch old matches all week.

They should be aiming to top Bryan's amazingly edited "Monster" one from last year.

They won't come near at touching for Reigns or anyone with their promo videos cause Bryan's WM moment was one of the realest moments WWE had in years. you couldn't mess that up . this year they have some jobs on their hand to make one as exciting as that for Reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I usually try to keep an open mind going into WrestleMania each year. Avoid reading dirtsheets and whatnot.

I know people had low expectations going into WrestleMania last year, but it turned out to be an incredible show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tugboats wrote: »
    The battle Royal is for Jobbers that the WWE have no real plan for. The tag team champions should be above them

And yet I'm looking forward to it the most because of Miz Sandow feud

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    And yet I'm looking forward to it the most because of Miz Sandow feud

So am I but should Miz and Sandow be the highlight of WM?

So am I but should Miz and Sandow be the highlight of WM?

Sandow yes of course :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Titus Andronicus

Can someone explain why Wyatt - Taker is even happening, what's in it for either of them ?

Can someone explain why Wyatt - Taker is even happening, what's in it for either of them ?

Undertaker is a draw at Mania and I think he gets paid for appearing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The money would be the most obvious answer to that question. They will get paid quite a lot.

Undertaker is a draw at Mania and I think he gets paid for appearing

Is he still a draw considering his streak was broken last year, will anyone be excited for a Taker match anymore especially against someone like Wyatt since the streak is broken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Is he still a draw considering his streak was broken last year, will anyone be excited for a Taker match anymore especially against someone like Wyatt since the streak is broken

Not me for one, Watched Taker for 18 years, nothing but respect for the character, the wrestler and the man(not that I know him). But this is the first Wrestlemania where not only am I not excited for his match but I do not want to see him go out there at all.

The match is a non event. There will be a lot of curiosity surrounding Taker this year as it will be his first appearance since the streak ended. Bray is meaningless. They could fly me over to go head to head with Taker on sunday. Its one of the good things they have done on the road to Wrestlemania by having him not appear. Whether its right or wrong the only two things of interest happening on Sunday is the appearance of Taker and seeing if Mizdow can win the Andre the Giant battle royal

The match is a non event. There will be a lot of curiosity surrounding Taker this year as it will be his first appearance since the streak ended. Bray is meaningless. They could fly me over to go head to head with Taker on sunday. Its one of the good things they have done on the road to Wrestlemania by having him not appear. Whether its right or wrong the only two things of interest happening on Sunday is the appearance of Taker and seeing if Mizdow can win the Andre the Giant battle royal

You Vs. Taker now there is a WM main event :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

What are everyone's predictions for the match order?

1: IC Ladder
    2: Rollins/Orton
    3: Battle Royal
    4: Cena/Rusev
    5: Divas
    6: Sting/HHH
    7: Wyatt/Taker
    8: Reigns/Lesnar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

the odyssey arena have a list of matches for the wwe tour event up,
    Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler vs Bad News Barrett
    Triple Threa Match for the Intercontinental Championship
    is one of them so it kind of spoils one of the mania matches a bit

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

montyrebel wrote: »
    the odyssey arena have a list of matches for the wwe tour event up,
    Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler vs Bad News Barrett
    Triple Threa Match for the Intercontinental Championship
    is one of them so it kind of spoils one of the mania matches a bit

The Dublin show had one less listed on their card :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

House show cards change all the time almost to the point that it's as if the people marketing house shows don't talk to the creative team. Probably so they don't spoil anything.

Similar to how the person on PPV posters isn't necessarily a major star for that ppv or even on the ppv.

So campy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

So with the contract signing surely to god, Brock is winning on Sunday night and won't be beaten for the next few months. The WWE will want him to keep the belt to surpass Punks 434 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

money money money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

paulie21 wrote: »

Ladder Match
    Rollins vs Orton
    Battle Royal
    Wyatt vs Undertaker
    Cena vs Rusev
    Sting vs Triple H
    AJ/Paige vs Bella's
    Reigns vs Lesnar

Not sure about Undertaker going on so early but the other three matches seem bigger so it gets pushed down the pecking order. Divas usually go on late. Feel bad for Rollins and Orton having the worst spot on the card outside the pre show.

If the Divas do go on second to last, Brie and Nikki would be higher on the card placing than Bryan and Cena, while AJ would be closer to the main event than CM Punk got :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I think the order depends on if Wyatt beats Undertaker or if Undertaker beats Wyatt. If Taker wins it goes on early, if Wyatt wins it goes on in the second half of the show.

My prediction is :

Ladder Match
    Rollins v Orton
    Hall of Fame introduction
    Sting v HHH
    AJ/Paige v Bellas
    Wyatt v Undertaker
    Battle Royal
    Cena v Rusev
    Lesnar v Reigns

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Taker & Bray won't go on until it is late and Dark in the arena. Neither entrance would be the same otherwise.

paulie21 wrote: »

1: Rollins/Orton Its had a terrible build but peoples excitement about Mania will carry it as an opener. It would die a death after the ladder match imo. But its a quality wrestling opener

2: IC Ladder
    3: Rusev/Cena: id like to see a strong match like this follow the IC Ladder match

4: Battle Royal: Nice bit of comedy value here about halfway through the event

5: Taker/Wyatt
    6: Divas
    7: HHH/Sting
    8 Lesnar/Reigns

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think no matter how it's done a face Reigns win will be shat on. Perhaps it's too predictable but the Heyman assisted heel turn seems the best move as I don't think they will push Reigns as hard as they have ignoring the fans as they have to stop now especially with his his whole character turning into Cena Mk2 (overcoming the odds and doing what people say he can't)

bold prediction, Rollins will be a face champion having cashed in on Reigns! (although not for a while)

• Advertisement

Taker & Bray won't go on until it is late and Dark in the arena. Neither entrance would be the same otherwise.

According to Twitter the vast, vast majority of the show will be in daylight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement