Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 31 Pre Show Thread March 29 2015 *Potential Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

My fantasy booking of it now would be Orton beats Rollins and Sting beats HHH, backstage vignette of Rollins, HHH and Steph saying whats happened to the Authority things have gone badly wrong time etc. HHH says time for plan B ( harking back to Rollins turning on The Shield) Main event Rollins, J&J, HHH all come down and its a cash in tease but they help Reigns win.

Next night on Raw Big Show and Kane are fired (so off tv for at least 3 months) and I'd have Barrett and a returning Sheamus join the Authority. And to top it off I'd have Ziggler turn on Bryan the following week as he's tired of fighting the Authority leaving the Authority as Reigns, Rollins, J&J, Barrett, Sheamus and Ziggler with the main faces being Cena, Bryan as IC champ, kick ass Lesnar still with Heyman cutting awesome promos, Orton and Ambrose. Think there is plenty of fresh matches there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

rovert wrote: »
    According to Twitter the vast, vast majority of the show will be in daylight

Yeah it's from 4-8 pm local time. According to Google sunset is at 7:08 pm. I'd say it would have to the last match in order for the entrances to be a after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Yeah it's from 4-8 pm local time. According to Google sunset is at 7:08 pm. I'd say it would have to the last match in order for the entrances to be a after that.

I thought its on a 5pm local time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

bold prediction, Rollins will be a face champion having cashed in on Reigns! (although not for a while)

Wanted Rollins to walk out of WM with the belt but if Sting gets rid of the Authority once and for all, leaving Rollins without their support (again) and the story of the 2015 MitB PPV becomes Rollins having to cash in before the night is over...

Tugboats wrote: »
    I thought its on a 5pm local time?

WrestleMania 31 takes over the San Francisco Bay Area at Levi’s® Stadium this Sunday. Don't miss out when The Showcase of the Immortals airs live on WWE Network at a special start time of 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT!

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania

• Advertisement

WrestleMania 31 takes over the San Francisco Bay Area at Levi’s® Stadium this Sunday. Don't miss out when The Showcase of the Immortals airs live on WWE Network at a special start time of 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT!

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania

cheers that makes a big difference. A 5pm start time gives them a chance of having a good entrance for Taker and Wyatt. Not sure how it will work now:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

According to Twitter the vast, vast majority of the show will be in daylight

That's why I'm guessing it'l be the 2nd last match, could be completely wrong though.
    Ridley wrote: »
    Wanted Rollins to walk out of WM with the belt but if Sting gets rid of the Authority once and for all, leaving Rollins without their support (again) and the story of the 2015 MitB PPV becomes Rollins having to cash in before the night is over...

Thats my guess at the moment. mitb 2015 to be where he cashes it in. Could be unsuccesful though as I honestly would not be shocked if this is the one time that they remember something from more than 3 months prior and get Ambrose to block the cash in as he promised to do thus re-igniting their rivalry.

Of course this is primarily based off me not expecting them to cut the legs out from under the new heel Reigns (by having him cash in Sun/Monday) im hoping for as a face Reigns wont worlk and I dont expect them to undue the push they have given Reigns by having Brock win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Remember reading somewhere Vince isn't worried about overruns now the network is up and running so possibility they could stretch it out further than advertised

I've been catching up on some old manias. I stopped watching full time after the Hogan Rock Mania. Jesus there has been lots of poor ones. Im watching 27 at the moment:o. Maybe 31 wont be all bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,171 ✭✭✭✭briany

We talk about this booking decision and that one, and the merits of part timers taking big spots on the card, but then I think back to WM XI and the fact that Lawrence Taylor, not even a wrestler, closed the show against Bam Bam Bigelow.

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    Remember reading somewhere Vince isn't worried about overruns now the network is up and running so possibility they could stretch it out further than advertised

That seems reasonable in principle but as long as WrestleMania is sold to some people on pay-per-view; they can't leave anything major after the PPV cut-off point or those fans would be really pissed off.

Then again, Vince might piss them off intentionally in order to get them to switch to the network.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't know. Might be less anger if the show gets cut off before Reigns beats Lesnar :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

paulie21 wrote: »

its still on ppv in the us and unless wwe have bought another hour of time (which is extremely expensive) most of the ppv providers will cut the feed at 11pm new york time/8pm west coast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Only just occurred to me that this is Paige's first Wrestlemania. Hard to be believe in both good and bad ways. She's such a big star and part of Total Divas but equally she has been mishandled in terms of already being turned face, heel and face again:

https://twitter.com/SarayaKnight/status/580724605314310144

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'll give WWE one thing, there's been so little by way of booking, that there's not one match on the card that I consider the result a foregone conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Sting will beat HHH Cena wins lol and Orton beats Rollins, that's all I'm 99% sure of.

Sting will beat HHH Cena wins lol and Orton beats Rollins, that's all I'm 99% sure of.

Why do you think Orton beats Rollins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im sure of none of it. HHH could easily book himself over sting, Rusev has a good chance of winning and Rollins and Orton is a toss up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Taker couldn't possibly lose

@Tugboats

Just seems obvious, I may be wrong but I'd bet money on an Orton win, fresh back after being out, building momentum, nothing on the line, WWE will want to show him they still value him etc lot's of reasons.

I want Rollins to win and I think it would him a world of good getting a big (ish) win at Mania, but fact is he doesn't need it especially if he cashes in Sunday or Monday

• Advertisement

@Tugboats

Just seems obvious, I may be wrong but I'd bet money on an Orton win, fresh back after being out, building momentum, nothing on the line, WWE will want to show him they still value him etc lot's of reasons.

I want Rollins to win and I think it would him a world of good getting a big (ish) win at Mania, but fact is he doesn't need it especially if he cashes in Sunday or Monday

How can he cash in so soon after getting beat by Orton? A Rollins WM win is a gurantee

How can he cash in so soon after getting beat by Orton? A Rollins WM win is a gurantee

How can't he? Let's put a virtual score on it so :D

How can't he? Let's put a virtual score on it so :D

Lol cool. That match is my banker of the weekend the result isn't in doubt imo

Lol cool. That match is my banker of the weekend the result isn't in doubt imo

I went with an accumulator, risky business but I bet 17 with a return of 450. My full trust is in the WWE and the fact that they don't know what's best for business

I went with an accumulator, risky business but I bet 17 with a return of 450. My full trust is in the WWE and the fact that they don't know what's best for business

I must do one. Who have you gone for?

I must do one. Who have you gone for?

Now now, don't want to give the game away ha, eh off the top of my head the 3 I mentioned, Taker,Brock,Ambrose and Aj/paige

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Id like to think all these arguments that followed only serve to prove my point.

Id agree on HHH/Sting being the exception though.

HHH is obviously going to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

That reminds me....did Lawler ever get his Pizza?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE often send MITB holders on a losing streak before they cash in. It's usually a good sign a cash-in is imminent. The idea is, I guess, that if someone is on a losing streak, it's a bigger shock when they cash in and win....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement