Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 31 Pre Show Thread March 29 2015 *Potential Spoilers*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

JR was saying on his recent podcast that there's thousands of tickets left for WM. Is that normal so close to the event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there any celeb or musical guest this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Tugboats wrote: »
    JR was saying on his recent podcast that there's thousands of tickets left for WM. Is that normal so close to the event?

It'll probably sell out the day of, including giving away a few thousand to do so through competitions etc. For reference:
    WM30 was a 65k sellout (5k comps)
    WM29 was a 72k sellout (6k comps)
    WM28 had 64.9k (not a sellout, 2.5k comps)
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there any celeb or musical guest this year?
    Skylar Grey, Kid Ink and Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker are doing a medley. LL Cool J will appear in the opening video package (but not performing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

rovert wrote: »
    According to Twitter the vast, vast majority of the show will be in daylight

Well then Bray v Taker will be second last so!!no way they come out in daylight!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Well then Bray v Taker will be second last so!!no way they come out in daylight!!!

It won't be getting dark till after 7. How will Taker and Wyatt be coming out after 7 if the event is over before 8pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

CSF wrote: »
    I'll give WWE one thing, there's been so little by way of booking, that there's not one match on the card that I consider the result a foregone conclusion.

Come on Reigns, Cena, sting and Taker are winning for sure. oh also Orton.

The ladder match, I would be surprised if it was Bryan, but the way they be booking him in the last few months I wouldn't be so sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,171 ✭✭✭✭briany

LL Cool J will not be performing live at Wrestlemania, thank f***. Musical performances almost universally suck the momentum out of a wrestling event and that goes double for rap/hip-hop where, let's face it, they rarely get going in the high-energy stakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Sting will beat HHH Cena wins lol and Orton beats Rollins, that's all I'm 99% sure of.

Taker is beating Wyatt and Reigns is going over Lesnar, no way are letting their pet project lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Looper007 wrote: »

The ladder match, I would be surprised if it was Bryan, but the way they be booking him in the last few months I wouldn't be so sure.
    You are under-estimating WWE greatly. Everyone expected Lesnar to lost to Taker last year and looked what happened. People also expected Wyatt to beat Cena, look at what happened. There is always one match where the favourite loses.

I'm no longer certain about Reigns winning (still think he will), Sting will win, Cena and Rusev could go either way although I'd be more inclined to give the nod to Cena and Taker is no longer invincible and he has always said he wants to put over a younger talent at WM (Wyatt will be his last chance to do so as he is most likely facing Sting next year before retiring). Ladder match could go anyway to be honest (and yes, that includes R-Truth winning it) and the Battle Royal is a pick-em to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The only one Id agree with you being for sure on there is Sting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I'm gonna totally mark out when Wyatt does his creepy spider thing and taker sits up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

ricero wrote: »
    I'm gonna totally mark out when Wyatt does his creepy spider thing and taker sits up.
    If that happens at the same time that would be awesome. Both men on the mat, Wyatt gets on his hands and feet and Taker sits up. Still love when Wyatt did that to Cena last year and Cena sold it like a normal person would cause it's super creepy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Taker is beating Wyatt and Reigns is going over Lesnar, no way are letting their pet project lose.

Lesnar is retaining, hold me to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lesnar is retaining, hold me to that.

The only way reigns is winning is if heyman turns on Brock and joins reigns

ricero wrote: »
    The only way reigns is winning is if hey man turns on Brock and joins reigns

Or If the lights go out and Taker chokeslam's Lesnar :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Any pics yet of the stadium set up? Love seeing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

gimmick wrote: »
    Any pics yet of the stadium set up? Love seeing them.

Only one I've seen
    https://twitter.com/Jromer0/status/578593234458435584/photo/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jaykhunter wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/daws21/status/581056757620932609
    Liking the look of the Wrestlemania sign!

Personally I think the sign looks awful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The big circle for the big Play button will look weird

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

What are we thinking about BNB leaving as the IC Champion? Heard an ad on the radio earlier for the Dublin show in 2 weeks which said "Dolph Ziggler challenges BNB for the IC championship". The same ad has Roman vs Show in a street fight with no mention of a title, so that would mean no heel turn for Roman.

How likely are these cards to change?

What are we thinking about BNB leaving as the IC Champion? Heard an ad on the radio earlier for the Dublin show in 2 weeks which said "Dolph Ziggler challenges BNB for the IC championship".

Not likely, but a possibility, all the house shows change constantly, you can't go on them.

Not likely, but a possibility, all the house shows change constantly, you can't go on them.

The only reason I ask is because he's currently 8/1 on paddy power to win that match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Be happy for him. He can have a good feud with any of the other guys in the match.

The only reason I ask is because he's currently 8/1 on paddy power to win that match.

That's not great IIRC, one of the 2 favs will win, think it's bryan and Ambrose

That's not great IIRC, one of the 2 favs will win, think it's bryan and Ambrose

I'd love Bryan to win and actually bring some prestige back to my favourite title. Who does he feud with would be the question though.

I'd love Bryan to win and actually bring some prestige back to my favourite title. Who does he feud with would be the question though.

Ziggler would be the obvious one for now and would make for some great matches, Barrett looking fir his title back? Ambrose turns heel? Sheamus? Sandow?

There are options But I'd prefer if Ambrose or Ziggler won and Bryan got his nose back into the title picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

While it may elevate the title, its not where Bryan should be. He will be wasted as IC champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I disagree, he's the man to elevate it.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    While it may elevate the title, its not where Bryan should be. He will be wasted as IC champ.

I'd rather him have a proper storyline and feud with someone instead of facing Kane and Show again. Putting that belt on him will automatically make it a huge deal again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement