Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 31 Pre Show Thread March 29 2015 *Potential Spoilers*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Ziggler would be the obvious one for now and would make for some great matches, Barrett looking fir his title back? Ambrose turns heel? Sheamus? Sandow?

There are options But I'd prefer if Ambrose or Ziggler won and Bryan got his nose back into the title picture

Ziggler as a heel? I don't see either of them turning anytime soon so that's out. Ambrose won't be turning either as I think he has unfinished business with Rollins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'd rather him have a proper storyline and feud with someone instead of facing Kane and Show again. Putting that belt on him will automatically make it a huge deal again.

What IC champ has done that in recent memory....? Ziggler, Barrett and Harper have done nothing decent with the title (not their fault of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Ziggler as a heel? I don't see either of them turning anytime soon so that's out. Ambrose won't be turning either as I think he has unfinished business with Rollins.

No? It can be a babyface feud, hell they pretty much have a feud right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What are we thinking about BNB leaving as the IC Champion? Heard an ad on the radio earlier for the Dublin show in 2 weeks which said "Dolph Ziggler challenges BNB for the IC championship". The same ad has Roman vs Show in a street fight with no mention of a title, so that would mean no heel turn for Roman.

How likely are these cards to change?
    Thanks mate, I'm sure everyone who hasn't heard that radio ad needed you to spoil that for them.

Sound.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

CSF wrote: »
    Thanks mate, I'm sure everyone who hasn't heard that radio ad needed you to spoil that for them.

Sound.

you think a House show advert for Dublin is a potential spoiler:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Sound.

There has been an ad for it on today fm every ad break today.

As other people said . House shows can change at any time.

There has been an ad for it on today fm every ad break today.

As other people said . House shows can change at any time.

How does that change any of what I've said?

How does that change any of what I've said?

It hasn't changed anything you've said, It's just made your point redundant.

It hasn't changed anything you've said, It's just made your point redundant.

It really didn't. The guys post has probably spoiled the IC match on me. Not the ads, because I didn't hear them, and would have went out of my way to avoid them if in any way possible, like I have in other threads where people had the decency to use spoiler tags for what I assume now (Im not looking incase its something else) for this very reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I personally wouldnt consider any potential house show card a spoiler. These cards always change and arent always accurate. Im sure Plans for Wrestlemania are still changing knowing WWE creative,

This hasnt spoilt anything for me.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I personally wouldnt consider any potential house show card a spoiler. These cards always change and arent always accurate. Im sure Plans for Wrestlemania are still changing knowing WWE creative,

This hasnt spoilt anything for me.
    There's a pretty decent chance it is. It may change, but that's the plan right now.

Not to mention that there's a ban on posting the odds outside the Betting thread and the same person has done that.

There's a pretty decent chance it is. It may change, but that's the plan right now.

Not to mention that there's a ban on posting the odds outside the Betting thread and the same person has done that.

House show's are literally nothing to go on mate NOTHING has been spoiled for you or anyone else.

Logoff and go for a walk. You're embarrassing yourself

House show's are literally nothing to go on mate NOTHING has been spoiled for you or anyone else.

Then why did he post it as a potential indicator to the result?

Then why did he post it as a potential indicator to the result?

He didn't. He posted it asking does a house show advert give away a wrestlemania result because he thought he could make money on a bet. He was told a house show advert has not baring on wrestlemania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It really didn't. The guys post has probably spoiled the IC match on me.

The ads are based on the champions when the ads were made, not actually spoilerrific. WWE have a habit of just re-booking the house show on the flight over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Tugboats wrote: »
    Logoff and go for a walk. You're embarrassing yourself

This post is looking for a reaction. Post with respect to others or don't bother.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    The ads are based on the champions when the ads were made, not actually spoilerrific. WWE have a habit of just re-booking the house show on the flight over.

Did the guy who posted know that? Nope. People who don't wish to work their way through future cards as an indicator, and therefore haven't really a clue of the accuracy rate of these cards (like me) shouldn't have to wade their way through which guys who post indicators to the results are accurate or not.

That's why there's a big new sticky thread up on the forum for that very purpose.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Current champs are always advertised in title matches for house shows. They are heavily subject to change.

Did the guy who posted know that? Nope. People who don't wish to work their way through future cards as an indicator, and therefore haven't really a clue of the accuracy rate of these cards (like me) shouldn't have to wade their way through which guys who post indicators to the results are accurate or not.

That's why there's a big new sticky thread up on the forum for that very purpose.

Mate, you really are making a big deal of out nothing.

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    Current champs are always advertised in title matches for house shows. They are heavily subject to change.

That's been established, and I'm glad to hear it, but it doesn't change the posters initial intentions.

Some people like to know everything and how everything works and read dirtsheets etc and that's absolutely fine, but those of us who try to keep everything as much of a surprise as possible, shouldn't have to find out which guy who thinks he might be posting the potential result to a match are accurate or not.

Mate, you really are making a big deal of out nothing.

So the guy didn't post with the intention of seeing whether his indicator of the match result was right?

So the guy didn't post with the intention of seeing whether his indicator of the match result was right?

What difference does it make if he did or didn't the fact of the matter is you don't know who is going to win I don't know who is going to win and he doesn't know who is going to win?

So what are you trying to achieve now? Get him in trouble like a 5 year old child?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

That's been established, and I'm glad to hear it, but it doesn't change the posters initial intentions.

Some people like to know everything and how everything works and read dirtsheets etc and that's absolutely fine, but those of us who try to keep everything as much of a surprise as possible, shouldn't have to find out which guy who thinks he might be posting the potential result to a match are accurate or not.

But his post wasn't looking to spoil anything? He was just wondering how likely it is, ie pure speculation. He didn't have anything malicious behind it. If anything, if someone was to give an answer that involved a spoiler and they didn't use spoiler tags then that would be bad form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Moving on please. The ad is not a spoiler. Anymore chat about the rights and wrongs of what was said in the ad will result in a ban. No exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

It's been said already but you really are making a huge issue out of nothing, re-read the part of your post I've bolded, it's just trying to find some kind of fault where there is none. Nobody here knows the outcome of any of the Mania matches, you're reading a Mania preshow thread where you have to assume there is going to be speculation in relation to Wrestlemania. If you don't want to read anything to do with Wrestlemania try posting in the home and garden forum until this day next week.

What difference does it make if he did or didn't the fact of the matter is you don't know who is going to win I don't know who is going to win and he doesn't know who is going to win?

So what are you trying to achieve now? Get him in trouble like a 5 year old child?

I'm trying to stop it happening. The next time might be more accurate and that wouldn't be very nice at all.

A common enough reaction among pretty much all fictional TV show forums.

That's why we have spoilers allowed threads, previous show spoiler threads, and no spoiler threads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I'll personally be careful about spoilers but if WWE is advertising something via established channels it isn't a spoiler.

Finn Balor did a radio interview with 2fm last week he's a featured and advertised part of the WWE Dublin show.

gimmick wrote: »
    Moving on please. The ad is not a spoiler. Anymore chat about the rights and wrongs of what was said in the ad will result in a ban. No exceptions.

I'm gone anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A few posts made after mine but looking at the times they were probably typing replies as I was posting. I'll open this again in a few minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement