Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 31 Pre Show Thread March 29 2015 *Potential Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder what angles they're referring to. Don't they usually do a spot where someone comes out complaining about being left off Mania, only for someone to return/debut and beat them up?

It does sound like they've just decided to add something new because I'm sure the planning would've mostly been done by now

Sheamus possibly coming back. Everyone comes out for the IC match. Then Triple H music hits. He welcomes back the newest member of the authority .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

If Sheamus is returning as a heel is there a possibility that he screws Cena?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anyone watching Wrestlemania today on the newtork. Cole said not in a million years can Reigns beat Lesnar:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I don't know is it because it's almost the weekend, or because the Hall of Fame + Beers are tomorrow, but finally, i've started to get excited about Wrestlemania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Here's what I think could happen if they've made room for more segment stuff.

Rollins will lose to Orton.

Then in the main event Reigns will look like he'll have Lesnar beat only for Rollins to come in and cause a distraction. Rollins will pin Lesnar for the title, and so;

Lesnar looks strong as it took 2 to beat him

Rollins keeps up the sneaky heel gimmick and gets a win back after losing to Orton

Reigns will gain sympathy and 'may' become a better face chasing the title

A lot of this crackpot theory will rely on a) Reigns putting on a good showing and b) where Paul Heyman will end up. I don't see them turning Reigns so Paul E. may join with Rollins and then Brock is free to turn face.

Just a theory! :)

Just started wrestlemania 25(never saw it before). Good start with Nicole Scherzinger:cool:

Tugboats wrote: »
    Anyone watching Wrestlemania today on the newtork. Cole said not in a million years can Reigns beat Lesnar:pac:

Honestly a fun time. I would list the highlights but it would kind of ruin things.

There's a leaked script for the Mania main event doing the rounds, but it looks really fake, and nothing like the previous leaks for Raw scripts etc.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    There's a leaked script for the Mania main event doing the rounds, but it looks really fake, and nothing like the previous leaks for Raw scripts etc.

Ive only seem the parody one

• Advertisement

Ive only seem the parody one

Could possiby be the same one.

I tend to avoid these, even like the Metsfan guy and the Dolphins guy over on Reddit, I'd avoid them. Sure, i'd check after the event to see how accurate they were.

Anyhow, I think, with the way things went down with Taker's Streak ending last year, any match could be changed on the fly, with minutes to go before the match actually happens. This is a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

gave up wwe for a while but how the hell is reigns main eventing mania against lesnar :eek::confused: the same lesnar who beat taker last year ending his streak

i know the shield broke up but where is ambrose and rollins now?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

They died in a canoeing accident, it was very sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Hahaha not quite.

@Paddy

Rollins has the briefcase and has been given a decent push as a heel, putting on great matches as expected but also very good on the mic.

Ambrose has been feuding in the mid card with the likes of Bray Wyatt, having ok matches not getting much mic time, he's a face which I don't think suits him and I've been disappointed with him and his treatment.

Reigns fits the bill for Vince, regardless of skill which he has a decent amount of but still a little green and needs a lot of work in ring, his charisma and mic skills suck, he's being booked like CENA 2 and apparently will be the face of the company in years to come unfortunately.

That's my take on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Have these been posted somewhere and I missed them? anyway if not WHY WERE THESE NOT ON RAW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That's from January ^^

cian68 wrote: »
    Have these been posted somewhere and I missed them? anyway if not WHY WERE THESE NOT ON RAW?

because they needed to fill the Smackdown show

tumblr_nlw1u0YlyA1qauauto1_1280.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Was just talking about this with a friend, could we see a Phoenix Splash into RKO? Similar to the Shooting Star into RKO a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Was just talking about this with a friend, could we see a Phoenix Splash into RKO? Similar to the Shooting Star into RKO a few years back.
    That would take a lot of balls from the WWE and after what happened in Mexico I can't see it happening to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I think the Cena v Rusev match is the one I'm most interested in which is something I didn't think I'd say.

For Lesnar v Reigns I'm wondering how they will book the match. Can't see them letting Lesnar destroy him.

Taker v Wyatt I'm mostly just interested to see what condition Undertaker is in.

Rest of the card I'm not that interested in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Moneymaker wrote: »

I just said the same thing :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are people forgetting the concussion Undertaker picked up early in last year's match with Brock Lesnar, or is it generally accepted now that age has caught up with him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

An File wrote: »
    Are people forgetting the concussion Undertaker picked up early in last year's match with Brock Lesnar, or is it generally accepted now that age has caught up with him?

What i don't understand is how he struggles to do ONE match a year. Obviously his knees are shot but other than that you'd think he is in relatively good shape for a man his age.

I don't think anyone is forgetting but not sure what your point is? Bray won't be throwing Taker around the ring. It's not even being built as a match between them really. It's all about people's curiosity and seeing Taker now the streak is gone. I expect a short tame match with the people's excitement carrying it and making it seem better than it will be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I don't think anyone is forgetting but not sure what your point is? Bray won't be throwing Taker around the ring. It's not even being built as a match between them really. It's all about people's curiosity and seeing Taker now the streak is gone. I expect a short tame match with the people's excitement carrying it and making it seem better than it will be

I actually think making this a casket match or buried alive match would have added to it. Bray is a good wrestler but he's no D.Bryan, coupled with Undertaker presumably slowing down a step, a distraction of that sort could have helped.
    It also wouldn't hurt Bray if he was buried alive or put in a casket and came back crazier/stronger because of it, a bit like Undertaker used to.
    But if he does win, I reckon a family reunion will play a part, neither Harper and Rowan have been on fire in their singles pushes, despite Harper being in the ladder match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Think people are forgetting it yes. People think it's not going to be a good match based on last year but completely forget he was concussed for much of it.
    What i don't understand is how he struggles to do ONE match a year. Obviously his knees are shot but other than that you'd think he is in relatively good shape for a man his age.

He obviously only wants to do ONE match a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Loughc wrote: »
    Andre the giant memorial battle royale confirmed for preshow. Wow that's two matches on the preshow.

Not that many matches left for the main show expect in ring promo to kick off WM so haha.

Can the preshow be viewed for free on WWE.com?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement