Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 31 Pre Show Thread March 29 2015 *Potential Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What's the stadium like? Wasn't that the reason why some years the crowd sound worse than they are due to it being open air or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Fans booing Reigns at the HOF:o It could be rough tonight where fans are entitled to boo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What's the stadium like? Wasn't that the reason why some years the crowd sound worse than they are due to it being open air or something?
    It was a mixture of the mics not being placed properly and a dead crowd due to a very meh Wrestlemania.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Tugboats wrote: »
    Fans booing Reigns at the HOF:o It could be rough tonight where fans are entitled to boo
    Oh dear, this will not go well if they put Reigns over to win...

Nody wrote: »
    Oh dear, this will not go well if they put Reigns over to win...
    Only if he wins as a face. I can imagine the crowd loving it if he wins as a heel to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Only if he wins as a face. I can imagine the crowd loving it if he wins as a heel to be honest.

So if he wins as a good guy, he gets booed.

If he wins as a bad guy, he'll get cheered.

That's quite the booking dilema :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So if he wins as a good guy, he gets booed.

If he wins as a bad guy, he'll get cheered.

That's quite the booking dilema :pac:
    Yes, yes it is. But it's the one time a year when you can't judge a character by the crowd to be honest. Lesnar is going to get a massive cheer even though he is supposed to be a Monster heel, as is Wyatt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Honestly I'd doubt it; it would still be to much Vince pet project over it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Just watching one of the preview shows. Sting has been dormant for 14 years. Can't understand why WWE need to pretend TNA doesn't exist

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Because it doesn't have value

If it added value to WWE they would use it. Like how UFC accomplishments make Brock a bigger star.

Mentioning TNA could actually make Sting look a lot less important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I d'ont think that Vince will want Rollins as champ yet. There could be a failed cash in attempt tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

DM_7 wrote: »
    Because it doesn't have value

If it added value to WWE they would use it. Like how UFC accomplishments make Brock a bigger star.

Mentioning TNA could actually make Sting look a lot less important.

Yeah that's true, just feel like there trying to push the fact he hasn't wrestled in 14 years when the majority of people know he was wrestling pretty much consistently up until the last couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Flair mentioned Sting wrestling once a week for the last 10 years on Wrestlemania Today.

Oh Ric.....

:D

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Flair mentioned Sting wrestling once a week for the last 10 years on Wrestlemania Today.

Oh Ric.....

:D

nobody listens to Flair. It's immediate mute or channel change when he appears

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Harrison Wells II

Good man Ric,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

nobody listens to Flair. It's immediate mute or channel change when he appears

How can you even call yourself a wrestling fan if you don't like listening to the crazed, incoherent ramblings of an old man?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭briany

Anyone going to be segueing into the Wrestlemania coverage following the Ireland/Poland game tonight?

How can you even call yourself a wrestling fan if you don't like listening to the crazed, incoherent ramblings of an old man?

Tolerable in very small doses but unfortunately we don't get that. He's up there with Hogan when it comes to being a shameless leach. HBK is doing his best to join the gang. We don't need legend panels in the middle of the ring or Hulk Hogan Christmas Raws. The network has given everyone the opportunity to remember them for the good things but WWE seem determined to give them a platform to embarrass themselves to a whole new generation of fans.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Remember 10pm preshow, Midnight for mania.

Tolerable in very small doses but unfortunately we don't get that. He's up there with Hogan when it comes to being a shameless leach. HBK is doing his best to join the gang. We don't need legend panels in the middle of the ring or Hulk Hogan Christmas Raws. The network has given everyone the opportunity to remember them for the good things but WWE seem determined to give them a platform to embarrass themselves to a whole new generation of fans.

He was actually pretty good on Wrestlemania Today.

I was more worried about Dusty, I hope he has lost that amount of weight deliberately as opposed to something more concerning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He was actually pretty good on Wrestlemania Today.

I was more worried about Dusty, I hope he has lost that amount of weight deliberately as opposed to something more concerning.

Well he sounds fine when he was talking on the red carpet thing last night and the weight loss isn't that bad.

It's fairly drastic, it's either been advised that he loses weight due to heart risk or diabetes or it's something more malign. Hope it's the former.

Following Dusty Rhodes appearance on Monday Night Raw we got a couple of emails from readers asking about Dusty Rhodes’ weight loss. He’s actually been leaner for about a year but most fans have not seen Dusty so his appearance might have shocked some people.

For those that have asked, Dusty is fine and the weight loss is because of a change in his eating habits so there is nothing to be concerned about.

http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/wwe-news/reason-dusty-rhodes-weight-loss/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm contemplating watching this tonight.

Will it be worth only getting 4 hours sleep?

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I'm contemplating watching this tonight.

Will it be worth only getting 4 hours sleep?
    Go to bed before the main event! The rest of the card is actually interesting to be fair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Go to bed before the main event! The rest of the card is actually interesting to be fair!

Might get a couple of hours before it starts and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think it's going to be a great show despite the terrible build-up. Not sure if The Rock is going to be there but if they want Brock vs Rock next year then they could do something involving him in the main event tonight.

Looking forward to Undertaker and Sting's entrances and possibly a Sheamus run-in somewhere. Maybe a few other surprise appearances too.

I think Orton/Rollins and the ladder match will be very good. The crowd involvement will certainly play a big part in how the show does.

I'm pretty optimistic it will be worth staying up for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement