Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 31 Pre Show Thread March 29 2015 *Potential Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The worst thing about all this isn't the fact that Bryan is being thrown into a nothing match, it's the fact that Dean Ambrose will likely be in a Battle Royal of some sort just to give him something to do. Don't know how WWE plan out their shows that they end up with guys like him being left standing there asking who is he facing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The worst thing about all this isn't the fact that Bryan is being thrown into a nothing match, it's the fact that Dean Ambrose will likely be in a Battle Royal of some sort just to give him something to do. Don't know how WWE plan out their shows that they end up with guys like him being left standing there asking who is he facing.

Seemed to me like they are setting up Barrett vs Ambrose, unless they do it at Fast Lane. Give them 10-15 mins and you'd get a great brawl imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Seemed to me like they are setting up Barrett vs Ambrose, unless they do it at Fast Lane. Give them 10-15 mins and you'd get a great brawl imo.

Pretty sure the report about Bryan and Ziggler also said it would be sixth from the top. Throw in the Divas and the Battle Royal and that's eight matches without any tags. I can't see them throwing the only tag on the preshow which means Ambrose is either wasted in the Battle Royal, or even worse is stuck on the preshow. Had Bryan not asked for Ziggler, Ziggler would have been in the same boat. Baffling how they can treat people like that as an afterthought.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Pretty sure the report about Bryan and Ziggler also said it would be sixth from the top. Throw in the Divas and the Battle Royal and that's eight matches without any tags. I can't see them throwing the only tag on the preshow which means Ambrose is either wasted in the Battle Royal, or even worse is stuck on the preshow. Had Bryan not asked for Ziggler, Ziggler would have been in the same boat. Baffling how they can treat people like that as an afterthought.

Don't believe everything you read though. Some of the stuff is pretty concrete sure but they change plans all the time.

Wait and see :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ah lads, Bryan and brock would be so so ****ing good. Such a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

whos winning between taker and wyatt ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

ricero wrote: »
    whos winning between taker and wyatt ?

The fans......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

It won't happen at Mania but I'd love to see Lesnar steamroll through Rollins and Orton. I know Orton isn't back on TV yet but for some reason I want to see Lesnar hammer him.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gavster1982

One way Vince can appease the Yes movement. Make the expected Ziggler Bryan match a number one contenders match. Bryan wins naturally and sets up Summerslam against Reigns.

WHC reigns vs Lesnar reigns wins title
    Rollins vs orton, orton wins and wins briefcase
    Rybavk vs Rusev Ryback wins us title?
    Wyatt vs taker?
    Bryan vs Ziggler, Bryan wins
    Ascension beat uses and mizdow for tag titles
    Cena vs Sheamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I think the match between Wyatt and Taker wouldn't be horrible but the promos before sure will be. Taker should be done though. No need to come back to face Wyatt especially now the streak is done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Dave Meltzer on his Wrestling Observer podcast said that the plan for Mania at the minute is
    a three-way with Lesnar/Bryan/Reigns

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ageyev wrote: »
    Dave Meltzer on his Wrestling Observer podcast said that the plan for Mania at the minute is
    a three-way with Lesnar/Bryan/Reigns
    Reignswinslolz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Loughc wrote: »
    Reignswinslolz

Of course but with Bryan, you will have the fans interested and you will get a classic. Plus Bryan calling the match is best for business. Everyone gets their thing, the fans get Bryan/Lesnar in the ring, WWE get the belt on Reigns, and Rollins cashing in on Reigns. The match has potential of been a classic now, it would be a perfect ending.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Looper007 wrote: »
    Of course but with Bryan, you will have the fans interested and you will get a classic. Plus Bryan calling the match is best for business. Everyone gets their thing, the fans get Bryan/Lesnar in the ring, WWE get the belt on Reigns, and Rollins cashing in on Reigns. The match has potential of been a classic now, it would be a perfect ending.

I can't see Rollins cashing in on Reigns at WM. Perhaps the next night on Raw and even then if WWE plan on making reigns champ I firmly expect him to beat Rollins when he cashes in.

I can imagine Rollins at the gorilla position holding the briefcase waiting to cash in while having Vince scream at him make Reigns look strong out there!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The countdown starts:

Roman-Reigns-Brock-Lesnar-WrestleMania-645x370.jpg

Confirmed sofar
    WWE World Heavyweight Title Match: Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns
    * Sting vs. Triple H

If Lesnar vs Reigns goes last and pending a great hype job where does it ranking in terms of the weakest Wrestlemania main event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

shocking to think daniel bryan the star of last years mania doesn't even have an opponent or decent feud yet going into mania

shocking to think daniel bryan the star of last years mania doesn't even have an opponent or decent feud yet going into mania

Not overly shocking when you think the original plans for WM last year was for Orton-Batista Main Event, Vince never wanted him in the main event and after being out for so long with injury he will feel justified keeping him away from the Main Event at WM and the WWE title from now on.

Roman Reigns is having his 3rd singles match on PPV at the biggest show of the year...against arguably the most dominant champion ever and the conqueror of the streak.

****. Me.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Roman Reigns is having his 3rd singles match on PPV at the biggest show of the year...against arguably the most dominant champion ever and the conqueror of the streak.

****. Me.

And the fact he's going to go over Lesnar with most likely a bit of ease will make this so hard to swallow.

Nah, it's going to be hilarious to watch the crowd dump all over it.

The mics will be muted the entire match. Even at that graveyard last night they muted the mics.

Save Us Seth.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer speculated/fantasy booked Rollins vs Orton with John Stewart in his corner OR Randy RKOing out of nowhere on The Daily Show set Rollins.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It should be Brock v Rollins (and the authority).

If they were rewarding people for the progression they made since last years mania.

WWE is in a really weird place right now, the network is good value so even if mania lineup is disappointing there is no reason to not buy the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rovert wrote: »
    Confirmed so far

If Lesnar vs Reigns goes last and pending a great hype job where does it ranking in terms of the weakest Wrestlemania main event?

Still better than Bam Bam jobbing to LT. :confused: Tbf its a pretty blah card underneath the main.
    Wyatt vs Taker, Cena vs. Rusev, Sting vs HHH and Rollins vs. Orton ain't exactly amazing for a Mania.
    After last year I don't see why Taker needs to return his match was noticeably poorer than previous efforts & the streak is now over.
    Sting is 55 so its difficult to expect much and I hate saying it but I feel a lot of fans don't know who he is :( The whole WcW vs WWE thing that HHH was using to build the feud was wildly out of date but both didn't have any input the invasion storyline.
    Cena vs. Rusev needs an upset to be worthwhile.
    Glad Orton vs. Rollins is happening as its something to look forward to but I would have done that at the Rumble & have Bryan vs. Rollins now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Starting with tonight's Raw, WWE have 5 weeks to get their **** together writing/booking wise and deliver a Wrestlemania that won't be shat upon.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Starting with tonight's Raw, WWE have 5 weeks to get their **** together writing/booking wise and deliver a Wrestlemania that won't be shat upon.

5 weeks of a Lesnar Reigns build ehhh

mc7zh1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    5 weeks of a Lesnar Reigns build ehhh

mc7zh1.jpg

At least we'll get Paul Heyman to do Lesnar's talking, Reigns is, well Roman Reigns is in a lot of trouble when he faces off against Heyman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

This is the 1st mania i wont be watching live in 20 years, its a terrible card, the matches are to easy to predict, there is no surprise factor at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will it be Ziggler or Sheamus for him now?

I guess Bray Vs. Taker will also be added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Will it be Ziggler or Sheamus for him now?

I guess Bray Vs. Taker will also be added

i think it'll be against sheamus but knowing wwe they'll try to turn bryan heel and not sheamus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

That's the most shocking thing, their most over babyface has been treated as a afterthought in the whole build towards WM 31. Even the rumours of who he's facing are below par and very shoddy indeed, Sheamus and Ziggler. Sheamus will turn heel and Bryan will have to put him over for Reigns (Vince and co will do it) or a opening match with Ziggler, that will mean crap.

His return to the ring has been treated as a joke and it's been done on purpose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement