Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 31 Pre Show Thread March 29 2015 *Potential Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ziggler tweeted about a half hour ago.

DZ v DB or nah?

Vince replied Its not just a nah, Its a Hell Nah!!!!

I'm only joking, he didnt reply that

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

HHH is good enough to get a good match out of Sting but it is no sure thing. Hated his Summerslam and mania matches with Lesnar and Sting is present day Sting.

I fully expect Taker and Wyatt to stank the joint up.

Roman Reigns will die on his arse.

Not too optimistic about Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

It's going to be amazing car crash tv.

HHH isn't that good either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wyatt vs Taker is an odd one to call.

They've spent the past while trying to make Wyatt look strong (the Rumble horror show aside) and they are now positioning him against a guy who will turn 50 a few days before Mania, and who has been off TV a year since being decisively beaten by Lesnar and looking like he's on his last legs.

If you have Taker win, then I don't know that does much, if anything, for Wyatt. In the past, when the streak was alive, a guy didn't lose anything by being beaten by Taker. This, however, is a very different situation. The streak is dead and Taker is a bit-part player who will likely disappear from TV when the show ends. A Wyatt loss I think will just see him return to the floundering state he was in before - and you could argue a lot of his problems and loss of momentum stems from losing to Cena at Mania last year when he maybe ought to have won.

If you have Wyatt win, you give Wyatt a good bit of momentum to carry on. The downside is you have then effectively acknowledged that Taker at Mania is no longer a 'special' thing any more and any chance of a match at Mania down the line against Sting, Cena, or dare I say it even Finn Balor, seems to lose a lot of lustre.

The more I think about it the more I can't help but feel this was a bad pairing; I would have preferred Taker face Cena if he had to face somebody. You could turn it into a retirement match with the stip being if Taker loses, he is never seen again. That would have fans extremely invested as the hardcore fanbase wouldn't want Cena as the one sending Taker off into the sunset. Taker would win the match and get a great boost, and Cena being Cena I don't think it would hurt him much.

You could do the same thing next year - a retirement angle but with a new guy. I think Lance Storm had an idea along these lines back when the streak was still alive.

I would be concerned with how Taker/Wyatt will play out. I expect Taker to pick up the win but I don't know if either man will be better for it. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they come up with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I wondered about that myself. At this point I think Wyatt will win and Taker won't be back for any more singles mania matches.

WWE obviously thought a win against Taker, to beat the streak, was too big for most and would see fans rebel against them (Imagine the **** storm if Wyatt faced and beat him last year) which was fine if it was Brock who could carry it.

I think Taker is the kind of guy who would want to give someone a boost on his way out and if he believes in Wyatt it wouldn't surprise me to find out he requested the chance to put him over on the way out.

• Advertisement

I hope so, it would be a booking disaster otherwise, especially given how Ambrose was sacrificed unapologetically to Wyatt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

They are doing a lot of Goldust vs Stardust storytelling on their Youtube page:

Cody offers to end "Attitude" in WWE in the second video. Cody is a heel The Sheild as babyfaces promised the same thing at last year's Wrestlemania. :P

His promos are absolutely magnificent. I feel like standing up and applausing that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

That was outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I think Bryan will win the Andre The Giant battle royal. Putting him against Ziggler or Sheamus would at best be the number 7 match in terms of length which means about five minutes which would piss off the fans; and make them boo Reigns even more. Him winning the Battle Royal will leave them in a better mood going into Reigns-Lesnar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I think Bryan will win the Andre The Giant battle royal. Putting him against Ziggler or Sheamus would at best be the number 7 match in terms of length which means about five minutes which would piss off the fans; and make them boo Reigns even more. Him winning the Battle Royal will leave them in a better mood going into Reigns-Lesnar.

The fans are still booing the crap out of the Main Event.

Come on, you think him winning a stupid Royal for jobbers would make the fans happy. The guy headline probably one of the best WM's stories ever last year. They shouldn't have got to this place without booking their most over guy not in a top 5 match, Bryan's return has been totally a mess from the start. Nothing they can do now to save it sadly. I think it was done on purpose too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Looper007 wrote: »

Come on, you think him winning a stupid Royal for jobbers would make the fans happy. The guy headline probably one of the best WM's stories ever last year. They shouldn't have got to this place without booking their most over guy not in a top 5 match, Bryan's return has been totally a mess from the start. Nothing they can do now to save it sadly. I think it was done on purpose too.

i dont think the fans will be boo the main event, there just going to be so pro Lesnar and when reigns wins then it will turn into the boofest we all know will happen.

Honestly theyd be better off closing with sting vs hhh if everything stays like it is,as the crowd will crap over reigns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Looking forward to seeing sting at mania and Wyatt vs taker. The rest is very meh although I think Rollins vs Orton could be the match of the night.

Could be a terrible mania which is a shame after how good it was last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Well it would be damage control!

Talk of Wyatt-Undertaker closing so the entrances would be at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

And Sandow is winning the Battle Royale anyway.

Well it would be damage control!

Damage control would have been to give the most over guy a top feud, that simple. It's still burying him even having him in that match.

sky88 wrote: »
    i dont think the fans will be boo the main event, there just going to be so pro Lesnar and when reigns wins then it will turn into the boofest we all know will happen.

Honestly theyd be better off closing with sting vs hhh if everything stays like it is,as the crowd will crap over reigns

Sting/HHH will be just as bad, Sting can't wrestle anymore. I really don't get why many want to see it, this isn't the same Sting that rocked in WCW. This is a broken down old man having to be carried by a guy past his prime.

I finish off with Reigns just to see him been crapped on, it be the highlight of a poor WM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Moneymaker wrote: »
    And Sandow is winning the Battle Royale anyway.

Is he not facing Miz one on one

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

No I say he throw the Miz over the rope to win the Royal. Then they feud after that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Minor Raw spoilers
    there was a segment on Raw where Miz and Sandow announced their involvement in the Battle Royal.

Also confirmed where #Axelmania and Ryback.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The winner of the battle royal at mania should be granted a title shot for winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ricero wrote: »
    The winner of the battle royal at mania should be granted a title shot for winning

Ambrose wins Battle Royal, cashes in and pins Reigns (who beat Lesnar) to win title, Rollins then cashes in on Ambrose to win title :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

My expectations for this are so extremely low that I think I might actually enjoy it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

No Streak
    I dislike Reigns and Brock so have no interest in the main event

The lower/midcard better be good:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Sting/HHH will be just as bad, Sting can't wrestle anymore. I really don't get why many want to see it, this isn't the same Sting that rocked in WCW. This is a broken down old man having to be carried by a guy past his prime.
    I think Sting and HHH will be pretty good actually for the simple reason that there probably won't be much wrestling. It's going to more of a street fight than a traditional wrestling match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You will also probably have a tonne of interference from Dolph, Ryback, show, Kane and others to make sure it's not a straight up match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Wouldn't write off Sting completely. I think his recent work and most his stuff post WCW has been far from terrible.

I personally am greatly looking forward to HHH/Sting. Has the makings of a really fun bout. Of course it won't be a clinic but as a friend commented, If you want somebody to bump their all off to make Sting look great Hunter is that guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Sting is fine if his opponent can do most of the work. Similar to Undertaker but not as fragile. I'm not sure Triple H is that guy. A few years ago, sure. 2015, not so sure. Keep it to about 10 minutes with a lot of playing to the crowd and it'll be fine. But if it goes too much longer it will be terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

HHH is one of the best of telling a story in the ring without doing very much.

I'm confident it will be a good match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Sting vs HHH is the match I'm most looking forward to by a country mile.

Two ring generals who know how to tell a great story in the ring, both of which have plenty of time to get into ring shape? How can anyone think this will anything but great?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement