Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WrestleMania 31 Pre Show Thread March 29 2015 *Potential Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Think it's nuts that Los Matadores are going on WM with a tag title shot seemingly, having literally not competed on PPV since last WM in a four way. Also, hope Goldust costs Stardust a spot in the IC match leading to Dustin (or Goldust) vs Cody Rhodes.

They may be missing a trick in putting Miz and Mizdow in the battle royal unless Mizdow wins or is heavily featured in the finish. The only others I'd see winning are Ryback or a returning Sheamus. Anyone else have any other ideas on who could win? Mark Henry as an outsider for one last run?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Omackeral wrote: »
    Think it's nuts that Los Matadores are going on WM with a tag title shot seemingly, having literally not competed on PPV since last WM in a four way.

What's this about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So there is a IC ladder match, tag team turmoil and a battle royal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

iocmh.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE confirmed the IC Title ladder match as Barrett, Truth, Ambrose, Harper, Ziggler and Stardust. Guess it will be Bryan/Sheamus after all.

https://twitter.com/WrestleMania/status/575405383486861312

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Am I the only one getting a hint of Heyman turning on Brock at WM? The one behind the one that beat the one in 21-1!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Officer999

Be nice to see some sort of interaction between Sting and Taker at Wrestlemania.

Maybe a meet in the corridor backstage. Or Taker saving Sting from a beatdown post-match from HHH.

Having them on the same card is amazing, never thought i would see the day....don't think either will be at next year's Wrestlemania

rovert wrote: »
    WWE confirmed the IC Title ladder match as Barrett, Truth, Ambrose, Harper, Ziggler and Stardust. Guess it will be Bryan/Sheamus after all.

https://twitter.com/WrestleMania/status/575405383486861312

So what has DB been doing for the last few weeks then? I don't get this at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

He's been doing what he always does, performing well with everything that's been sent his way.

He's been doing what he always does, performing well with everything that's been sent his way.

For no reason if he's not in the match. It doesn't make any sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Officer999 wrote: »
    Be nice to see some sort of interaction between Sting and Taker at Wrestlemania.

Maybe a meet in the corridor backstage. Or Taker saving Sting from a beatdown post-match from HHH.

Having them on the same card is amazing, never thought i would see the day....don't think either will be at next year's Wrestlemania

Word is that they will meet at WM next year as both reside/live/were born in Texas and being where it is being held, they may both choose to bow out there.

As retarded as WWE is, I can not see them blowing a potential match between the two. Regardless of any limitations, it is Money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Omackeral wrote: »
    Think it's nuts that Los Matadores are going on WM with a tag title shot seemingly, having literally not competed on PPV since last WM in a four way. Also, hope Goldust costs Stardust a spot in the IC match leading to Dustin (or Goldust) vs Cody Rhodes.
    Tugboats wrote: »
    What's this about?

On Raw they pinned the Uso's and were said to be in the hunt for the tag titles along with The New Day, who beat Kidd and Cesaro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

What is the history between Taker and Sting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

bur wrote: »
    What is the history between Taker and Sting?

I don't think there is any history per se afaik but they have both been portrayed as similar iconic/mythical/supernatural characters in WWE and WCW and therefore a match between the two was often deemed a dream match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Degag wrote: »
    I don't think there is any history per se afaik but they have both been portrayed as similar iconic/mythical/supernatural characters in WWE and WCW and therefore a match between the two was often deemed a dream match.

I think a lot stem for them being the flag bearer for both WCW and WWE throughout both companies lifespan.

Taker was been ever present in WWE and Sting likewise for WCW. Since even before the Monday night wars people dreamt of WWE VS WCW. And if you were to put a stamp on one guy being representative of either company-Taker is WWE and Sting is WCW.

Bryan will kick off this week’s WWE SmackDown episode and announce himself for the Intercontinental Title Ladder Match at WrestleMania.
    FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wait and see where it goes!!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

"But it could steal the show and Bryan could make the IC title mean something again"

We will here this for the next two weeks, don't buy it once second. Bryan should be having words with Vince over this crap. Disgraceful booking for him and Ambrose and Ziggler. The match is only there cause Vince hopes the crowd won't **** on his crappy WM card and will cheer the rest of the show. It's just a perfect example of WWE in 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Looper007 wrote: »
    "But it could steal the show and Bryan could make the IC title mean something again"

We will here this for the next two weeks, don't buy it once second. Bryan should be having words with Vince over this crap. Disgraceful booking for him and Ambrose and Ziggler. The match is only there cause Vince hopes the crowd won't **** on his crappy WM card and will cheer the rest of the show. It's just a perfect example of WWE in 2015.

Exactly, It would have been the same for Bryan last year had the crowd not shat on Batista and Punk left, I mean last year the main event SHOULD have been Punk vs Bryan, instead it was going to be Batista vs Orton, HHH vs Punk and Bryan thrown in the battle royal or some sh1t, much like he has this year.

WWE see him as a mid card guy and unless he speaks up for himself he's going to be stuck being a mid card guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

They really do hate money don't they?

Mind boggling.

Looking forward to seeing the main event bombarded with Daniel Bryan chants.

I'd be surprised if Reigns/Lesnar goes on last at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Moneymaker wrote: »
    They really do hate money don't they?

Mind boggling.

Looking forward to seeing the main event bombarded with Daniel Bryan chants.

I'd be surprised if Reigns/Lesnar goes on last at this rate.

They haven't an alternative to put on last, Taker/Wyatt wouldn't be strong enough to go last and Sting is far to old to have him Main Event a WM. And the rest of the card is too weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

2 weeks to build up the rest of the card for Wrestlemania plus the booking of whatever crap music act Vince has lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Loughc wrote: »
    They haven't an alternative to put on last, Taker/Wyatt wouldn't be strong enough to go last and Sting is far to old to have him Main Event a WM. And the rest of the card is too weak.

Honestly Taker and Sting are about the one age. Thought Taker looked absolutely terrible last year. The big question is will Sting wear a t-shirt......
    I never even heard Bryan wasn't originally announced for the IC ladder match so its not a shock that he entered it don't get why people are surprised or mad now as it was obvious for at least a week now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think at this stage orton vs batista was better recieved then reigns vs lesnar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i can see the ic title ladder match going on first and then the rest of the show will take a nose dive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭briany

Imagine seeing a walkout during the Reigns match. That's be something, wouldn't it? T'would never happen but that's the kind of watershed you'd really want if you were to get WWE to change their mind on their direction.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

briany wrote: »
    Imagine seeing a walkout during the Reigns match. That's be something, wouldn't it? T'would never happen but that's the kind of watershed you'd really want if you were to get WWE to change their mind on their direction.

Either a walkout or the crowd should turn their backs on the match as in physically turn around and face the opposite way. Imagine the commentators trying to explain that one.

But neither will happenthe crowd will be too busy trying to get themselves over by booing the hell out of the match, the commentators will dress it up as alot of people want to see Lesnar retain and the Everything is ok alarm will continue to ring in Vince McMahon's head drowning out any reasoning or logic.

Tugboats wrote: »
    For no reason if he's not in the match. It doesn't make any sense
    I was about to read the rest of the posts and then reply to you but what appears to be a spoiler has been posted in the time in between, rendering what I was going to say pointless. Can we please put SmackDown stuff in spoiler tags before it has aired, if that's what it was? I still actually do watch the programme.

Has there been a worse mania main event than lesnar v reigns ?

I'm thinking bam bam Bigelow and that american throw ball player perhaps ?

Ambrose or Bryan I think for the ic title

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Has there been a worse mania main event than lesnar v reigns ?

I'm thinking bam bam Bigelow and that american throw ball player perhaps ?

Ambrose or Bryan I think for the ic title

I was literally going to post the last time I was this underwhelmed for a WM was WM XI, which was headlined by Bam Bam and Lawrence Taylor. The Semi-Main Event was Diesel-HBK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

They've been building up Orton-Rollins like it's the main event. Even when Lesnar was on the show, Orton and Rollins got all the attention and Reigns was an afterthought. Seems crazy I know.

They've been building up Orton-Rollins like it's the main event. Even when Lesnar was on the show, Orton and Rollins got all the attention and Reigns was an afterthought. Seems crazy I know.

I've a feeling that match will open Wrestlemania.

As much as I think it will be match of the night if that was the case I would be very underwhelmed. They gotta put lesnar v reigns on last or even sting v hhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Times like this is where Bryan being the nicest guy in the world will backfire as he doesn't seem like the type to give out stink out booking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

ricero wrote: »
    As much as I think it will be match of the night if that was the case I would be very underwhelmed. They gotta put lesnar v reigns on last or even sting v hhh

What if Rollins cashes in after Lesnar-Reigns and someone makes the Rollins-Orton match for the title?

• Advertisement

I think that Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar should be the main event, the title should be last.

I think that Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar should be the main event, the title should be last.

With Rollins cashing in and winning to end WM

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    With Rollins cashing in and winning to end WM

After the buildup Reigns has been given, there is no way that is going to happen. Reigns has to win and not drop it quickly or he'll never recover.

And Vince is so stubborn he won't pull the trigger on Rollins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

If Rollins doesn't get the cash in it bloody better be because Ambrose stops him.

He promised dammit, that's too good a feud to just sweep under the rug of the 3 month rule.

So my new hope for Sheamus is him returning and running in the main event of the last Smackdown before Wrestlemania and giving everyone who is going to be in the battle royale stunners:

With him winning at Wrestlemania too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Times like this is where Bryan being the nicest guy in the world will backfire as he doesn't seem like the type to give out stink out booking.

Problem is WWE are in such a strong position they can say don't like it, tough as they offer such a good wage in comparison to rivals & with NXT (And their own ego) they probably consider the likes of him replaceable
    After the buildup Reigns has been given, there is no way that is going to happen. Reigns has to win and not drop it quickly or he'll never recover.

I'm actually interested in how he performs as a Champion & giving him a chance, fans were throwing the dummies out the pram before he won the Rumble as Daniel Bryan got buried by not winning it. :confused:
    He had his moment last year though as WM 30 was all about him beating HHH then winning the title "against the odds" & clearly WWE weren't fully behind it as he was shoehorned in a few weeks beforehand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

And Vince is so stubborn he won't pull the trigger on Rollins.

I'd be cool with Rollins cashing instantly, but they are never going to end Mania on such a heel ending.

Sadly for Rollins, if they are serious about Reigns they probably need to get the machine behind him and give him a lengthy reign, having him lose to Rollins so quickly won't do to much for him. I'd be shocked if the Rollins cashin was successful no matter how he executes it.

Believe that :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I'd be cool with Rollins cashing instantly, but they are never going to end Mania on such a heel ending.

Sadly for Rollins, if they are serious about Reigns they probably need to get the machine behind him and give him a lengthy reign, having him lose to Rollins so quickly won't do to much for him. I'd be shocked if the Rollins cashin was successful no matter how he executes it.

I actually agree 100%

and yet he would probably get the biggest face pop possible if he did cash in at that point.

But what if Heyman dumps Lesnar and Reigns joins Heyman as a heel :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So if they want Reigns to have a lengthy title reign that means Rollins cash in will be a similar one to Sandows

So if they want Reigns to have a lengthy title reign that means Rollins cash in will be a similar one to Sandows

And like Cena's failed cash in against Daniel Bryan.:P

I don't care for Reigns that much at the moment, but if they want him to be the guy, I am not sure his first title reign should be ended by a MITB cash in, especially as he can't have to much time left to do it.

But heh, once Rollins fails, I can see Daniel Bryan the IC Champion doing a lot of jobs to him, to rebuild him. Anybody who thinks that won't be his main role when he wins the title, you are in for a very rude awakening. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And like Cena's failed cash in against Daniel Bryan.:P

I don't recall John Cena cashing in his MITB against Daniel Bryan

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I don't recall John Cena cashing in his MITB against Daniel Bryan

Probably because it didn't happen:o

Oops, ignore me, Orton cashed in Bryan after the Cena match (I think!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

He cashed in on Punk and lost, but It was a "friendly fair cash in" told him when and where and then lost...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I'm actually more excited for Raw the night after than I am for Mania, that's how bad the product has gone lately.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement