Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 31 Pre Show Thread March 29 2015 *Potential Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Just need two Russians driving around following Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I'm really down that Daniel Bryan isn't in the Lesnar match There's really nothing to look forward to bar maybe the Hall of Fame, I was gonna buy a ticket for the woolshed but dunno now, maybe Daniel Bryan is too nice , I thought Cena was his friend Is there anyone with a set of balls that are willing to stick their neck out for someone else? Undertaker? , HHH? anyone?????????

I understand the whole "not everyone gets a main event" at WM every year, but they could have given him a way better match then a clusterf*ck of a match that's just been put together to for the fans to forget they couldn't book crowd favourites and their most over guy into a proper match cause they couldn't be bothered. Basically guys going through a few ladders and half killing themselves might fool a few fans but Bryan, Ambrose and Ziggler deserve better.

Bryan's the ultimate company guy really. He's happy to do what he's told and go out and do his best. He's not a CM Punk who will fight his corner, I know some Bryan fans are upset that he doesn't stand up and pull his weight backstage but that's just not him.

Would anyone be surprised if Vince would give the win to R-Truth at WM, just to stick his middle finger up to the fans for last year. I certainly wouldn't be shocked by it. I personally don't think anything will change with the IC title after WM anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The awkward moment Alex Riley vs Kevin Owens has better build up then Lesnar vs Reigns.

I wonder if Vince is even aware how much NXT shows up his own product, or does he just bury his head in the sand like everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I am praying for Lana to look smoking hot at Mania. Something with a whip would be very awesome. All would be forgiven!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Moneymaker wrote: »
    The awkward moment Alex Riley vs Kevin Owens has better build up then Lesnar vs Reigns.

I wonder if Vince is even aware how much NXT shows up his own product, or does he just bury his head in the sand like everything else.

Oh he is well aware of it, unfortuately all it means is his bitterness will saddle the nXt guys with lame gimmicks when they're called up to the Main Roster and then he can turn around and go, see I told you our product was better than nXt's.

He literally his destroying the WWE's own future with blind stubborness with what he wants to see and not what the audience wants to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    With Rollins cashing in and winning to end WM
    I've been saying it for months now. It would be great for everyone concerned if that happens I think. It wouldn't really damage Roman Reigns that much if Brock Lesnar has softened him up, and he can then chase Seth Rollins for a few months.

If Seth cashes in at Mania or the post Mania RAW though, he will get a HUGE babyface reaction. Not what you want for one of your top heels, especially when you are short on heels and already have a million babyfaces.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If Seth cashes in at Mania or the post Mania RAW though, he will get a HUGE babyface reaction. Not what you want for one of your top heels, especially when you are short on heels and already have a million babyfaces.

At this rate he'd get a massive babyface reaction anytime he'd opt to cash in on Reigns.

You do have a point.

Some non-smark town would be better then a place were the roof is guaranteed to come off though. Unless of course they do some sort of double turn.

Rollins looked like a brilliant babyface during the Shield/Evolution feud. He can play both but he's such a brilliant heel they need to keep his heel heat as much as they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

You do have a point.

Some non-smark town would be better then a place were the roof is guaranteed to come off though. Unless of course they do some sort of double turn.

Rollins looked like a brilliant babyface during the Shield/Evolution feud. He can play both but he's such a brilliant heel they need to keep his heel heat as much as they can.

Kinda sad that WWE have to change their programming to suit different cities. Raw after WM is the best crowd of the year and the opinions most of that crowd have are the same as mine, but WWE know that that is not their main demographic so they will never change the product just to make those fans happy.

They're making so much money from the women and children now that they don't care what males 18+ want. (Don't mean to stereotype). Vince has forgotten about the fans that made the Attitude Era what it was and kept the WWE in business, for this I hate the man.

• Advertisement

Are they really making more money from women than they are making from males over the age of 18? I would find that very hard to believe and would even say, I don't think that, I don't think that at all bro (to borrow a phrase from Dean Ambrose). I think the whole idea of what audiences will cheer and will boo is too over-thought by the company anyway.

Are they really making more money from women than they are making from males over the age of 18? I would find that very hard to believe and would even say, I don't think that, I don't think that at all bro (to borrow a phrase from Dean Ambrose). I think the whole idea of what audiences will cheer and will boo is too over-thought by the company anyway.

Women and Children mate not just women, and what I mean by Women is the mothers of the Children, they put more money in the WWE than adults do with Merchandise,games etc. WWE is making more money now that it has since the AE because of this and because of all the PR and Charity stuff they're doing etc

It doesn't take a genius to see the product is targeted at children now, the live audience will always have more adults tho for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I do think a Rollins cash in is possible for a couple reasons:
    1. If Lesnar is leaving, it has the potential to be a Goldberg/Lesnar 2 and they had Austin there to stun them afterward to keep the fans happy.

2. They knew enough to send Rock out at the Rumble so, again, they're trying to send the fans away happy

Women and Children mate not just women, and what I mean by Women is the mothers of the Children, they put more money in the WWE than adults do with Merchandise,games etc. WWE is making more money now that it has since the AE because of this and because of all the PR and Charity stuff they're doing etc

It doesn't take a genius to see the product is targeted at children now, the live audience will always have more adults tho for obvious reasons.
    Alright, apologies. I thought that you were referring to women and children separately. For sure, children are where WWE makes the majority of their money. They would be foolish to change this approach as well if it works well I think.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    2. They knew enough to send Rock out at the Rumble so, again, they're trying to send the fans away happy

But in that case why build Reigns up just to have Rollins cash in "to send the fans home happy". They could have replaced Reigns with Bryan that would have kept them happy. The gave themselves that out at Fastlane.

I'm sorry to say but when Rollins cash in he's going to fail, and we are looking at a long Reigns title run and no matter how bad it flops Vince will blame it on something else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Also, as much as we may like him, there's no way they'll classify one of their bigger and more prominent heels cashing in to close Mania as a "Go home happy" moment....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Won't have many going home happy if thats the case. I'd be so pissed if I spent loads of money to head for WM and to be forced that ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Loughc wrote: »

I'm sorry to say but when Rollins cash in he's going to fail, and we are looking at a long Reigns title run and no matter how bad it flops Vince will blame it on something else.

Agreed, can't believe that people think Rollins cashing in will be successful, maybe if Reigns ****s up behind the scenes but it is bloody unlikely.

Obviously we can't be sure how the Reigns era will do, in truth it will probably do so-so business, no better, no worse than when Bryan, Sheamus, Orton or when Punk was on top.

However agreed, will be hilarious if it fails to see how gets the blame, probably the rest of the roster mainly Daniel Bryan for not bringing back the prestige the IC title supposedly deserves.:p

I think there's a decent chance of a mass walk out. Maybe people will stay hoping to see a cash in.

I'd love to see the fans stay, but turn their backs on the match.

That would be incredible and the ultimate statement.

Explain that one Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That would be embarrassing if 70,000+ people turned their backs on/walked out before Lesnar/Reigns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think there's a decent chance of a mass walk out. Maybe people will stay hoping to see a cash in.

Explain that one Cole.

"Bizarro world"

Alright, apologies. I thought that you were referring to women and children separately. For sure, children are where WWE makes the majority of their money. They would be foolish to change this approach as well if it works well I think.

No need for apologies mate. I agree it would be foolish for them to change their approach from a business standpoint but as a fan it winds me up how little they care about our demographic.

I haven't watched an episode of Raw in over a year where as from 98-05 I never missed one...

Some very interesting although extremely long reads here that give you a better insight into how they're making more money now than in the AE

http://ir.corporate.wwe.com/FinancialDocs.aspx?iid=4121687

Loughc wrote: »
    Either a walkout or the crowd should turn their backs on the match as in physically turn around and face the opposite way. Imagine the commentators trying to explain that one.

But neither will happenthe crowd will be too busy trying to get themselves over by booing the hell out of the match, the commentators will dress it up as alot of people want to see Lesnar retain and the Everything is ok alarm will continue to ring in Vince McMahon's head drowning out any reasoning or logic.

Explain that one Cole.

I like the way you think ;) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They'd explain it as people thinking there's no way Lesnar won't win the match

Or ignore it completely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Explain that one Cole.

Vince in the back shouting for Show and Kane to start fighting among the crowd and that's what everyone's watching.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Vince in the back shouting for Show and Kane to start fighting among the crowd and that's what everyone's watching.

Didn't a fake Savage and Hogan have it out during Goldberg/Lesnar? :pac:

I actually really enjoy that match. Not because of the two goons in the ring, but just how hilarious the crowd was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Reigns turns heel and aligns with Heyman who costs Lesnar the title, Lesnar goes beserk after the match taking out both Reigns and Heyman, Rollins runs down to cash in but Lesnar takes him out too before the bell rings, J&J security also taken out by Lesnar so WM ends with Lesnar the beast standing tall among the carnage in the ring with Dana White shown, standing and clapping from his seat in the crowd :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

WWE creative have seemingly scrapped the feud between Goldust and Stardust.

No doubt responsibility will be laid at the door of the 2 brothers, but in fairness the real blame lies with a god awful creative angle having the 2 of them prance around in facepaint and ridiculous costumes whilst trying to play out a an angle involving a family split.

A potentially money feud was doomed for failure from the start IMO and no doubt Cody and Goldust will suffer for the failings of the writers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

WWE creative have seemingly scrapped the feud between Goldust and Stardust.

No doubt responsibility will be laid at the door of the 2 brothers, but in fairness the real blame lies with a god awful creative angle having the 2 of them prance around in facepaint and ridiculous costumes whilst trying to play out a an angle involving a family split.

A potentially money feud was doomed for failure from the start IMO and no doubt Cody and Goldust will suffer for the failings of the writers.

Think the FastLane crowd killed it for them. The Post-match promo was awesome. :mad: :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Think the FastLane crowd killed it for them. The Post-match promo was awesome. :mad: :(

A horridly worked match. What they were doing wasn't getting over and couldn't/wouldn't change up what they were doing.

Brother vs brother rarely works too. Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy WWE Vengeance 2001 had similar problems. That feud was scrapped too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement