Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 31 Pre Show Thread March 29 2015 *Potential Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Its weird, WWE has got me in a trap. I'm convinced Reigns wins at WM no matter what, and I think a lot of people are convinced its a foregone conclusion. But because it seems so obvious, I'm thinking they must be going to do something different seeing everyone thinks its a done deal. So I'm thinking now I'll have to watch.

Nicely played WWE :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

rovert wrote: »
    A horridly worked match. What they were doing wasn't getting over and couldn't/wouldn't change up what they were doing.

Brother vs brother rarely works too. Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy WWE Vengeance 2001 had similar problems. That feud was scrapped too.

Matt v Jeff had the potential to be a big scale feud if executed properly.

It was definately a failing of creative again though on that occasion. Theres a real failing to strike whilst the iron is hot in wwe.

Its like when the crowd ask for something and its likely someone/a feud will catch fire WWE like to pull back and go a different route, only to revisit that scenario at a random juncture further down the line when the air has really gone out of it.

You can blame performers for failing to execute the vision of the writers or the general plan but when the original plan was complete junk then everyone is a loser. And unfortunately it will be labelled as a failure for the Rhodes brother and possibly put the skids on any trust on Cody in future.

Just nonsensical to think you can put a costume and face paint on a quality second generation superstar and expect him to be anything other than a midcarder its setting someone up to fail.

WWE does this regularly, some of the gimmics are destined to crash and burn or worse persevere despite any crowd reaction.

Who the hell is responsible coming up with characters such as Fandango, Brodus Clay and Adam Rose for instance? Neither funny nor entertaining.

Johnny Curtis is a quality worked, has a bit of personality and someone pitches the idea of him being a ballroom dancer, the mind boggles. Who is the target audience with that kind of nonsense?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Variety, light relief i would think is the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Think they need to rename this PPV EntranceMania.

Between Taker, Wyatt, HHH, what sounds like an elaborate entrance for Rusev, six or seven in the IC title, four tag teams, and all the non-jobbers in the battle royal, there's not much time left for actual wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I'm going to mark out hard for Rusev's entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I'm going to mark out hard for Rusev's entrance.

That's what you are going to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ideally I'd like the Rusev entrance to be like his "fellow" Russian
    pretend lesbians
    entrance a few years ago. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

will it be for an entrance or will it be a sort of lumberjack match, have them surround the ring, dear god cole how can cena overcome these odds etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That's Rusev losing so.

Special entrance + not John Cena = you're jobbing.

• Advertisement

having your entrance music performed live is a curse as well, only 5 out of 15 have won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

They should have a band perform the music for the main event every year I think, with Johnston.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Randy Orton attempting to make sense of WWE storylines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

moved betting talk to the betting thread.

I think I'll make my bets early this year then. It helps me get caught up in the kayfabe more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Andre Battle Royal entrants so far:-

Mark Henry
    Goldust
    Kane
    Big Show
    Darren Young
    Titus O’Neil
    Jack Swagger
    The Miz
    Ryback
    Curtis Axel
    Fandango
    Adam Rose
    Zack Ryder
    Erick Rowan
    Sin Cara
    Heath Slater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Andre Battle Royal entrants so far:-

Mark Henry
    Goldust
    Kane
    Big Show
    Darren Young
    Titus O’Neil
    Jack Swagger
    The Miz
    Ryback
    Curtis Axel
    Fandango
    Adam Rose
    Zack Ryder
    Erick Rowan
    Sin Cara
    Heath Slater

Look's poxy, A sheamus return and Win or a pointless win for either Henry,Kane or Show looks most likely.

Would love to see Goldust win because hey, the man deserves some recognition for his efforts over the past 2 years or a win for Axelmania :D

I put a few pence on Sheamus to win it earlier on. Hopefully he actually ends up being in the thing now. I think that would be better than any of the names listed about getting the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can't see it being Sheamus. If theyve plans for him they're gonna throw him into something bigger. Mizdow or Ryback IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Final line up for this year's Hall Of Fame.

http://nodq.com/wwe/428706744.shtml

• Advertisement

would make sense for Sandow, having him and Miz as the last two.

looking forward to seeing the heat Laurinaitis gets at the HOF.

They don't seem to be doing anything with Sheamus at the moment anyway, so I remain hopeful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Should be Mizdow; the crowd will go nuts if it comes down to Miz vs Mizdow, Mizdow teases eliminating himself, only to finally turn on Miz, eliminate him and win. It's a feel good Mania Moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

What's the craic with Bubba Ray? I though he was back full time now no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

As usual I will watch Wrestlemania this year, as Ive done for the last 21 years. I may very well be disappointed as I think the booking in not only recent months but years has been mostly awful with a few great bits here or there.

This year I look Ive watched every Raw Since the new year (some live, some recorded and fast forwarded most to about 40/50 mins). The majority of shows have been poor from a wide range of problems. Poor booking of angles, poor use of characters, no real story progression or lazy story progression in most cases. Over the years WWEs product has become nearly unwatchable at times. But its Wrestlemania time now, and they usually build up a decent show, which in fairness they did a greats how last year.

But this year its been awful.

The Main Event isn’t as bad as people think to be fair. Could it be booked better? Yes, of course. Not having Brock on every show has hurt it a bit in my opinion. Reigns has been improving each week and hasn’t been booked as bad in recent weeks. Again he could be booked much better though. The rest of the card is what I have an issue with.

The IC Title match : while ill be happy to watch it, Id rather stars like Ambrose, Bryan, Ziggler and Barrett be ring booked better. The build up to this match hasn’t been great and it just seems all thrown together and because of this I wont care as much even though Im sure this match will steal the show.

Bray v Taker – Couldnt care less. A broken down deadman shouldn’t be wrestling, hes past it and should call it a day. Brays character hasn’t progressed at all. His feuds have all been the same whether its against Ambrose, Bryan or Cena. Nothing really comes of them whether he wins or loses. This feud hasn’t even really begun, We haven’t seen Taker, we have seen similar promos each week by Bray towards taker and these have done nothing to make me care. Ill most likely not enjoy this match at all as I have no reason storyline wise to care and I believe the two, with takers age and limitations, wont have a good in ring match anyway.

Sting V Triple H – a Lazy feud, one where until last week I didn’t care for. Sting should have been speaking and cutting promos weeks ago. I believe these two will work a good match and Sting looks like he can still go, which I wasn’t sure about til Monday but I may be proved wrong. Stings first WWE match is all this feud really has for me.

Rusev v Cena – If I was booking this, Id have Cena be totally crushed by Rusev. But it wont happen. Either way i believe Cena needs to at least lose clean, something he should have done last year with Bray. Rusev needs go over huge, anything else will be a failure and another missed opportunity for decent booking.

Paige / AJ V Bellas – No real build up, hence why I don’t care. Next!

Tag Team Titles – same as above.

Battle Royal – After the booking of Cesaro last year, I don’t care as much about this match. It should be used as a steping stone for a guy to get from the mid card to upper mid card, somewhere Cesaro should be now. Mark Henry is already being booked as the Big Show was last year which is just lazy. Sheamus may win but I don’t care as his character will most likely still be stale as a 10 pint of milk. Kofi’s usual spot and Mizdow v Miz during it may help keep my interest though.

MY INTEREST ISNT HIGH, YET i WILL STILL WATCH!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

beakerjoe wrote: »

Rusev v Cena – If I was booking this, Id have Cena be totally crushed by Rusev. But it wont happen!

No you wouldn't. If you were booking this you would have a vested interest in WWE and would be milking the WWE cash cow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mostly likely Neville.

Neville wasn't part of the last NXT taping. People in attendence assumed he is being called up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

would not want Balor's debut wasted on a throwaway battle royal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yeah I'd much prefer Balor make a grand entrance the day after wrestlemania and shoot a big angle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement