Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Flu - Any idea how long this lasts?

• 02-02-2015 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭

Our 11 year old cat has picked up cat flu. I had a word with the vet, and he seemed to think it would just go all by itself and to just keep an eye out for any difficulties breathing, eye problems or very heavy discharges of mucous.

He seems to be recovering fine, he's eating loads and he seems quite alert and active but he's still sneezing every so often.

Any idea how long this usually lasts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Could last as long as 2 weeks, once its gradually consistantly improving and eyes are ok and theres no green snotty noses (sorry!) he should get through it fine. One of my cats gets the flu at Christmas time every year. Lysine is really excellent to help him recover, any healthshop will sell it just sprinkle in his food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

He seems generally just sleepy and sneezy.
    He's due to get a tooth out but I think I'll hold of for maybe a few weeks just to ensure he's OK. I'm not really keen on risking anesthesia.

Advertisement