Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have any experience in Lead Generation?

Options
  • 02-02-2015 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Locked myself out of my old account, so #firstpost, again.

I just moved back to Ireland and I'm interfacing with a few recruitment agencies at the moment. I have about two years of [hardcore] B2C sales/business development experience in a few countries.

The problem the recruiters have all brought up is that all of my experience is B2C, and I have literally no B2B experience.

What they're recommending is that I work in 'lead generation' for six months, and then spend a year in field sales. Then, apparently, I'd be able to work anywhere in the tech sales industry.

I have a few interviews set up. I know what a lead is, and how to use one, but I haven't a clue on how I'm supposed to generate them? I want to blow these guys out of the water. Does anyone know of any good resources online that'll help educate me? Anyone with any experience in the industry? It sounds unappealing, but it seems to be the best way to get B2B experience.

Advertisement