Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RasperryPi 2 Model B 1GB

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What are their shipping rates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

My pi2 arrived from the pi hut this morning. Installed raspbian as a start, time for xmbc tomorrow!

Mine arrived yesterday morning as well.
    Stuck OpenElec onto it and got it hooked up last night.
    Works nice - just need to get my mains powered USB hub delivered and set up now so that my external HDD's will spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Installed raspbian thought it would be simple to install xbmc onto it, think I figured it out after,so wipe it and was going to install openelec onto it but it doesn't recognise it on the card and now the 8gb card I got only shows 1.02gb no matter how many times I format. is there an easy way to do this?

Installed raspbian thought it would be simple to install xbmc onto it, think I figured it out after,so wipe it and was going to install openelec onto it but it doesn't recognise it on the card and now the 8gb card I got only shows 1.02gb no matter how many times I format. is there an easy way to do this?

How are you formatting the SD Card?
    Best method is to use SDFormatter.

Normal format on laptop quick format and unchecked it for longer format, used tablet as well thought card adapter my be affecting it as table has micro SD slot but still same, managed to get openelec working but still only showing 1.02gb. I'll try sdformatter hopefully it will fix it

• Advertisement

Thanks Mr Velo SDFormatter done the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Raoul wrote: »
    I would go with openelec! Personally I think it is much better,

Just set this up. Very slick. Streaming Bluray quality video (10GB+ in size) from my NAS works flawlessly. Smooth interface, and casting from my phone works also. Part of me wishes I could have a browser with it as well, seems silly that there isn't one standard.

Just set this up. Very slick. Streaming Bluray quality video (10GB+ in size) from my NAS works flawlessly. Smooth interface, and casting from my phone works also. Part of me wishes I could have a browser with it as well, seems silly that there isn't one standard.

What are you using as a NAS?

Mr Velo wrote: »
    What are you using as a NAS?

An old netgear readyNAS (NV +2).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 funnysunny

Still haven't got mine :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

g6k9Gta.jpg

I am now a MASTERBUILDER

JiRV5f9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭dahat

jaffusmax wrote: »
    <Snip - image removed>

I am now a MASTERBUILDER

JiRV5f9.gif

That's just Awesome!!!

Berryboot is great multi OS bootloader. It downloads and installs a number of OS very easily.
    http://www.berryterminal.com/doku.php/berryboot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Any chance of a resize on that for those of us not using Monitors the size of our kitchen windows? :P

Any chance of a resize on that for those of us not using Monitors the size of our kitchen windows? :P

Would you ask Di Vinci to downsize the Mona Lisa???????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

No need, the feckin' thing is tiny to start with!

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    No need, the feckin' thing is tiny to start with!

Ah well! Im in my daughters bad books, I used half her Lego she had for a poxy little stables for lego horses :(

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Did you setup openelec to run from USB or just an SD card install?

Is there a need to do any overclocking or does it work well without it?

Have you installed any streaming addons and if so, is there a noticeable increase in performance with them?

What's this casting from your phone that you mentioned?

Did you setup openelec to run from USB or just an SD card install?

Is there a need to do any overclocking or does it work well without it?

Have you installed any streaming addons and if so, is there a noticeable increase in performance with them?

What's this casting from your phone that you mentioned?

I just did the standard openelec install, there was no mention of overclocking so I presume it is running at the standard clock.

It is booting from a class 10 micro sd card.

I didn't really get a chance to install add-ons really. But I seemed to be able to stream some TV3 stuff. I tried rteplayer without success, but didn't have time to troubleshoot.

And the casting was from the standard youtube app on my phone, I did install an app called "yatse" to control the box through the Wifi however. Which is great, as you dont need a keyboard/mouse. It just needs to be connected via an ethernet port to your router.

So in short, it was a completely stock install, did little in the way of config, and it was up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I'm interested in using one as a simple NAS for streaming media on a FireTV.
    Can anyone who has one report how it performs as a network file server?

Can you attach a hard drive or thumb drive with movies and access these video files from a tablet using a File Explorer (SMB) ?
    Or can you add it as a source in XBMC and play the movie files etc?

How does it perform?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭aldark

I've got an old one running squeezeserver which as well as serving audio to squeezeboxes also has a dlna server for movies. The PS3 has a dlna client and plays these no problem. Also have a wd live tv box which plays the same movies and audio files using dlna or samba.

The box also does file server and photo storage.

So answer is yes, and I would have thought it was a very common purpose for these yokes - mine replaced a buffalo linkstation. BTW, you can get very lightweight DLNA servers e.g. mini DLNA etc. These will all run fine on a standard debian distro.

I
    groom wrote: »

Can you attach a hard drive or thumb drive with movies and access these video files from a tablet using a File Explorer (SMB) ?

How does it perform?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭aldark

I've got an old one running squeezeserver which as well as serving audio to squeezeboxes also has a dlna server for movies. The PS3 has a dlna client and plays these no problem. Also have a wd live tv box which plays the same movies and audio files using dlna or samba.

The box also does file server and photo storage.

So answer is yes, and I would have thought it was a very common purpose for these yokes - mine replaced a buffalo linkstation. BTW, you can get very lightweight DLNA servers e.g. mini DLNA etc. These will all run fine on a standard debian distro.

How does it perform?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Back in stock here . Ordered it. €44.96 before parcelmotel is added

How does it perform?

You should be able to get some useful info from this thread.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Yes if it covered the floor area of the museum it is housed in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Anyone order from the PiHut and do you know if they have stock , and ship quickly?

Anyone order from the PiHut and do you know if they have stock , and ship quickly?

Expect shipping to take 5 working days if you order when they have stock.

When I ordered during launch week they despatched the same day. It looks like they have stock but if you have any doubts send them an email. I asked them a question about my order and got a reply within the hour.

Use the code social5 for 5% off.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Its Back in Stock on Amazon: Linky €45 Delivered (free delivery)

Advertisement