Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RasperryPi 2 Model B 1GB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

The Raspberry Pi 2 isn't very tolerant of crappy power adaptors and Ethernet cables. I was getting boot loops and network issues with equipment that would work find with other devices. I swapped them out and the problems went away.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

groom wrote: »
    The Raspberry Pi 2 isn't very tolerant of crappy power adaptors and Ethernet cables. I was getting boot loops and network issues with equipment that would work find with other devices. I swapped them out and the problems went away.

I wonder how it will take to my €1.49 HDMI cable from Dealz!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

I found the only problem with power supply, rest was fine - hdmi, lan cable. So is it dealz or not it will be fine;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

What OS are people running on this? Received mine last week, but still haven´t had a proper go with it. Have Raspbian on it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

cuculainn wrote: »
    I wonder how it will take to my €1.49 HDMI cable from Dealz!!

Viewing your post courtesy of Dealz! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭gabe1977

yesno1234 wrote: »
    What OS are people running on this? Received mine last week, but still haven´t had a proper go with it. Have Raspbian on it at the moment.

i running openelec on mine powered with my sony xperia phone charger with no issues.

I also have an M8 Android Box and the Pi is far superior in the speed it starts HD streams. Overall it appears to be much faster.

gabe1977 wrote: »
    i running openelec on mine powered with my sony xperia phone charger with no issues.

I also have an M8 Android Box and the Pi is far superior in the speed it starts HD streams. Overall it appears to be much faster.

I´m currently using my phone as a wifi dongle, was going to put Openelec on it tonight to try it out but not sure how to do it, if it´s possible via command line. I´m fairly new to this. Anyone know?

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I´m currently using my phone as a wifi dongle, was going to put Openelec on it tonight to try it out but not sure how to do it, if it´s possible via command line. I´m fairly new to this. Anyone know?

Just google how to do it. loads of instructional links and videos online.
    I'm not too great with computers and did it fine by just following the info online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The easiest way is to download NOOBS from the pi foundation website and write it to a freshly formatted SD card. Put the sd card in the pi, then pick openelec from the list of possible OS's.

Not 100% sure you can do that with a WiFi connection as I had Ethernet plugged in when I did it.

invest4deepvalue.com

Just google how to do it. loads of instructional links and videos online.
    I'm not too great with computers and did it fine by just following the info online

Have googled it, simply needs a command line with Raspbian. Haven´t been able to find how to with Openelec, doesn´t help that I´ve no computer at home at the moment so can only use the one in work!
    Do-more wrote: »
    The easiest way is to download NOOBS from the pi foundation website and write it to a freshly formatted SD card. Put the sd card in the pi, then pick openelec from the list of possible OS's.

Not 100% sure you can do that with a WiFi connection as I had Ethernet plugged in when I did it.

Noobs needs wifi/usb stick, I don´t currently have either as the tethering with the phone is not just plug and play, you have to do it through command line in the OS. I only have Wifi, can´t plug in an ethernet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Some phones support ethernet to usb via otg cable which might allow wired connection to rPi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

A RPi tethered off a phone?
    Can't get my head around that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

groom wrote: »
    A RPi tethered off a phone?
    Can't get my head around that
    Don't know if it will work under NOOBS but I just tested USB tethering off my phone in OpenElec and it works without hitch.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Anyone know of a way of transferring the SD image from my current pi (its a full size SD 8gb card) to a brand new micro SD card or would i be better off doing a new fresh install of NOOBs?

(im currently using the Pi for openelec/xbmc and i just want to keep all my library info and settings)

Usb image tool-backup and recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Swapping an openelec image between pib and pi2 will not work as there was a specific version of openelec(v5.0.1 iirc) that enabled support for pi2 so you would have to do a fresh install and then restore the xbmc data to get things back to where they were before.
    There is an addon that will allow you do a backup and restore of the kodi/xbmc data so best option may be to do backup of kodi/xbmc, install fresh openelec image on sd card, then restore kodi/xbmc data.
    I am not sure what the situation is with other OS as I only use openelec.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

How are people getting on with Kodi on RPi2? Noticeable improvement?

2 ordered from Amazon at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭00sully

GaryCocs wrote: »

night and day :) am now using much heavier skins with much better performance :cool: before I was stuck with the basic skin and even that was quite laggy

tommycahir wrote: »
    Swapping an openelec image between pib and pi2 will not work as there was a specific version of openelec(v5.0.1 iirc) that enabled support for pi2 so you would have to do a fresh install and then restore the xbmc data to get things back to where they were before.
    There is an addon that will allow you do a backup and restore of the kodi/xbmc data so best option may be to do backup of kodi/xbmc, install fresh openelec image on sd card, then restore kodi/xbmc data.
    I am not sure what the situation is with other OS as I only use openelec.

Thanks for the info... I hadn't considered using the xbmc backup addon... As i have it already and have used it before. Im on openelec at the moment on the rpi 1 so i will download 5.0.1 openelec and go from there.

Cant actually wait to see non laggy menu navigation!

Access wrote: »
    Thanks for the info... I hadn't considered using the xbmc backup addon... As i have it already and have used it before. Im on openelec at the moment on the rpi 1 so i will download 5.0.1 openelec and go from there.

Cant actually wait to see non laggy menu navigation!

They released v5.0.5 over the weekend so go with that rather than a back level one..

• Advertisement

GaryCocs wrote: »

Mine has started freezing since the latest openelec update.

Not sure if it's just coincidence or that that update is somehow causing an issue.

Freezing on the main screen and the rss feed freezes and no response to the remote control. Only solution is to disconnect the power.

Is there an Irish seller of this at all? Want to get it as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Is there an Irish seller of this at all? Want to get it as quickly as possible.

CPC? Ordered mine from them when it came out and had it in 2-3 days.

Sounds good!! Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Mine has started freezing since the latest openelec update.

Not sure if it's just coincidence or that that update is somehow causing an issue.

Freezing on the main screen and the rss feed freezes and no response to the remote control. Only solution is to disconnect the power.

same as that. since an update mine is not connecting to NAS so cant play content......Bit disappointed in the whole Kodi experience I have to say

cuculainn wrote: »
    same as that. since an update mine is not connecting to NAS so cant play content......Bit disappointed in the whole Kodi experience I have to say

Depends really what OS you are running on and what addons (if any your using), I have found it to be excellent when running on openelec never had an issue.

Would one of those BlackBerry Playbook travel chargers work with the Pi 2? I have one spare lying around and they seem quite good with everything else....but I remember that the first Pi was fussy about its charger.

Would one of those BlackBerry Playbook travel chargers work with the Pi 2? I have one spare lying around and they seem quite good with everything else....but I remember that the first Pi was fussy about its charger.

The Pi forums recommend a 2 amp charger/power supply for Rpi 2, but to be honest, i have mine running off a 1 amp samsung charger and no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Well the b+ and model 2 b are more fussy. For these a power supply of 5v at ~2500 mah is recommended.
    If it's any help I am using a 'generic charger' sold by tesco which is actually a blackberry charger.

• Advertisement

What about flubit, parcel motel and pi - how does it works? If i get offer from flubit does it cover PM fees?

Advertisement