Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student and CAO Supporting documents

Options
  • 02-02-2015 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    I filled in the CAO application online over the weekend. I've to post on some documents...I think :)

I was sure I had to provide copies of my Certificate and Diploma (from 96-98).

Reading the email....
    "Please remember, you must post all supporting documents to arrive at CAO
    within 7 days of submitting an online application (if not already done so).
    Certified copies of results of 2015 examinations (excluding Leaving Cert &
    FETAC) must be provided to CAO as soon as they become available.

All documents must be clearly marked with your name and CAO Number.
    Applicants wishing to receive an acknowledgement of receipt of their
    postal documents must include a stamped self-addressed postcard.
    Please read http://www.cao.ie/help_files/speccat_instr.php or pages
    12-14 of the 2015 CAO Handbook for further instructions.

CAO Application No. : xxxxxxxxx
    RVC: xxxxxxx

Secondary Level Schools Attended:
    1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rep. of Ireland From 1988 to 1994

Irish Leaving Certificate Examinations:

Previous Leaving Certificate Exams:
    Year: 94 Exam No: xxxxxx

Third-Level Higher Education:
    Institute of Technology Carlow 1994-1996 - National Certificate in Computing -
    PASS
    Institute of Technology Tralee 1997-1998 - National Diploma in Computing -
    DISTINCTION"

So do I have to provide certified copies of my leaving cert and Cert/Diploma from college to the CAO ?

If so, what does 'certified copy' mean ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

Certified means you need have your supporting documents authenticated by having them stamped/signed by your secondary school if at 2nd level, and by the institute that issued them at 3rd level.

For the 3rd Level you're best off contacting your previous college and asking them what the procedure is for this, as they usually have an office or department (student records usually) that care of this.

For Leaving/Junior Cert results, it would be enough to get your photocopies signed and stamped by the school in which you attended when taking the exam.

Just make sure you get a couple of photocopies of each done, as certain universities will want you to send them certified documentation directly rather than obtaining them through the CAO. (I remember having submit separate documents to DCU when I applied last year).

Best of luck with your application! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Thanks. I contacted both 3rd level institutes and that is being sorted.

As for the leaving results. I have one small piece of paper with my results on it. The official results slip. Do I get the photocopied and then signed/stamped ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Certified copies of results of 2015 examinations (excluding Leaving Cert &
    FETAC) must be provided to CAO as soon as they become available.

I understood that they only needed to be certified if you were completing the exams in question this year. I sent off mine without being certified anyway & got back my postcard to say they were received.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Perfect. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

My understanding that Leaving Cert post-1985 didn't need proof, as it's saved in their database...?

• Advertisement
Advertisement