Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre repair Bray - behind Lidl

Options
  • 02-02-2015 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Would anyone have the phone number for the tyre repair guys behind Lidl in Bray pls? Not having any joy on Google. Thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Is it the Alloy Wheel and Tyre Clinic you're looking for? They're in the Solus Tower Estate, 01 2827001

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If it's the place I'm thinking of, it could be this lot ...

http://www.citytyres.ie/

In their "Contact Us" section they say they're in the Everest Centre, but since the fire in the bike shop that whole area has been closed, so perhaps they moved to behind Lidl as I've certainly seen signs for a second hand tyre place at the entrance to Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Sorted on this folks, many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Sorted on this folks, many thanks.
    Were we even close? :D

I'm still not sure of their name...Top of flyer just reads "As new tyres", not sure if that's their company name or just advertising what they do. It's the first business round the back of Lidl, on the garden centre side. Very helpful chaps, not too pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Place behind Lidl is Part Worn tyres wouldn't reccomend you get what you pay for i suppose, OH blowout within a week, got another tyre was flat after a month its a false economy really but have had better luck with these http://centrepointtyres.ie/part-worn-used-tyres/

Thanks for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Place behind Lidl is Part Worn tyres wouldn't reccomend you get what you pay for i suppose, OH blowout within a week, got another tyre was flat after a month its a false economy really but have had better luck with these http://centrepointtyres.ie/part-worn-used-tyres/

A tyre going flat after a month is a puncture, it can happen brand new tyres, you were unlucky but not the tyre shops fault, although I agree that you get what you pay for alright, it's worth doing a bit of research on tyres, I fitted them for years when I was younger and what Joe Public considers good tyres, a lot of them are rubbish

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I'm well aware this thread is old but I thought it worth resurrecting. I've recently dealt with the guys behind lidl and I would say be cautious. I remember the older guy from years ago in the Glen Garage in glen of the downs. However when I visited last week there was a row going on between the younger guy and another customer. This should have raised my awareness , to all things not been good. However I proceeded to buy a tyre , part worn. I drove on it but the noise generated was truly awful. It was a mud and snow tyre completely unsuited to my car. I passed the nct with it however , in no way could it be used every day. When I returned to upgrade it, not looking for a refund , I was met with the shouting younger guy. He really wants to argue and shout. He pointed at his 3 day returns policy sign. I said ok I'd take a new tyre at 80 euro. A price they'd given me before. They proceeded to ask for an additional 40 euro to do so and I said no way. A disagreement ensued and they were very very aggressive. My advice , go to one of the mainstream tyre places. Otherwise buy cheap , pay twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

If you're not happy with the guy behind the Lidl, try the guy behind the Aldi instead. Boghall Road, near Power City.
    Same kind of thing, but without the problems. Also great at fixing punctures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

recedite wrote: »
    If you're not happy with the guy behind the Lidl, try the guy behind the Aldi instead. Boghall Road, near Power City.
    Same kind of thing, but without the problems. Also great at fixing punctures.

I can second this!

Advertisement