Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another croke park gig

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

I thought there was only going to be one and that was the script.

Is it Garth Brooks???

Looking at the croke park calendar online, you are talking about a gig in May, or the first two weeks in June, or the third weekend in July.

The third weekend in July, I think is kept for matches or something. So May or June.

Garth Brooks
    Garth Brooks
    Garth Brooks
    Garth Brooks
    Garth Brooks

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking at the croke park calendar online, you are talking about a gig in May, or the first two weeks in June, or the third weekend in July.

The third weekend in July, I think is kept for matches or something. So May or June.

Garth Brooks
    Garth Brooks
    Garth Brooks
    Garth Brooks
    Garth Brooks

could be the last weekend in july (the hurling qfs are normally played in thurles and the next time croke park is used is for the football qfs on the aug bank holiday)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

It deffo won't be Garth Brooks

EyesClosed wrote: »
    It deffo won't be Garth Brooks

Ahhh

• Advertisement

Its not U2, they are touring the states right up until the end of July. They play Madison Square Garden, New York on 27 of July. They have a full schedule in the states until then.

That rules them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭bren2001

PTH2009 wrote: »
    could be the last weekend in july (the hurling qfs are normally played in thurles and the next time croke park is used is for the football qfs on the aug bank holiday)

12th of July is reserved for Leinster football final, 19th for the replay (after the Kerry Mayo debacle last year I cannot see the GAA taking any chances on that, especially considering it is most likely Dublin in the final). 26th is the only possibility for July really. Don't expect it to be a concert I will want to go to but I am hoping to be surprised of course.

bren2001 wrote: »
    12th of July is reserved for Leinster football final, 19th for the replay (after the Kerry Mayo debacle last year I cannot see the GAA taking any chances on that, especially considering it is most likely Dublin in the final). 26th is the only possibility for July really. Don't expect it to be a concert I will want to go to but I am hoping to be surprised of course.

Going by the calendar on the croke park website, there's a match on the 25th. Build a stage, and all that, can there really be a concert on the 26th?

So that leaves July out.

So it will be a more than likely a May concert or the first weekend in June.

They won't hold a concert in the second weekend of June. They will have the take down of one stage, and set up for the Script. You don't want to stress the residents. There's a match the weekend after on the Sunday.

So its a May concert or first week in June.

Who can sell 82,000 tickets between February-May/June ?

Someone tell me its Garth Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Can see it being Ed, he can 100% sell it out anyway!

Going by the calendar on the croke park website, there's a match on the 25th. Build a stage, and all that, can there really be a concert on the 26th?

So that leaves July out.

So it will be a more than likely a May concert or the first weekend in June.

They won't hold a concert in the second weekend of June. They will have the take down of one stage, and set up for the Script. You don't want to stress the residents. There's a match the weekend after on the Sunday.

So its a May concert or first week in June.

Who can sell 82,000 tickets between February-May/June ?

Someone tell me its Garth Brooks.

Qualifiers are on that weekend. Leinster are a week earlier as they are on the A side. Completely forgot about them. It is not beyond the realms of possibilty that they are just shifted outside of Croke Park. May/June concert is the most likely tho.

JamieHP wrote: »
    Can see it being Ed, he can 100% sell it out anyway!

Can he? Leaving aside the Wembley gigs. Does he have the following here? I say that as an Ed Sheeran fan who saw him in the O2 and in at festivals in England. I don't know if he can shift 82,000 tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Ed Sheeran's a good bet. He's free May and June, and he's massive right now. Maybe not sell out but I could see him selling it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

bren2001 wrote: »
    Can he? Leaving aside the Wembley gigs. Does he have the following here? I say that as an Ed Sheeran fan who saw him in the O2 and in at festivals in England. I don't know if he can shift 82,000 tickets.

well he did 4 nights at the O2 (4 x 14,500), and 2 nights at the Odyssey in Belfast (2 x 11,000), so that's 80,000 fans. plus the usual big outdoor summer gig bandwagoners potentially.

well he did 4 nights at the O2 (4 x 14,500), and 2 nights at the Odyssey in Belfast (2 x 11,000), so that's 80,000 fans. plus the usual big outdoor summer gig bandwagoners potentially.

Do people really have to see him again then? Didn't he play the O2 last October?

Two potential dates in May/June.

He's touring all over the world until mid-may. He's in Las Vegas, 15th and 16th of May. Could he fly on over and play croke park the weekend after, with jet lag and all that.

There is a match in croke park the weekend after on the Sunday on the 31st. So that weekend is out, they won't have the stage down.

So it leaves Saturday the 6th of June.

Who am I kidding, its probably him.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Whelans to Croker in 6 months!?
    Impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Do people really have to see him again then? Didn't he play the O2 last October?

Two potential dates in May/June.

He's touring all over the world until mid-may. He's in Las Vegas, 15th and 16th of May. Could he fly on over and play croke park the weekend after, with jet lag and all that.

There is a match in croke park the weekend after on the Sunday on the 31st. So that weekend is out, they won't have the stage down.

So it leaves Saturday the 6th of June.

Who am I kidding, its probably him.

well i've never had jetlag flying back from that side of the US, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't take a week to shrug it off...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

ts_editor wrote: »
    Impressive.

I'd say the sheer numbers who applied for tickets to that gig probably influenced the decision if it is him.

Can't see it being Robbie Williams, mumford and sons got announced for r+l but I don't think croke park would suit them.

It's probably sheeran.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

Muse! New album coming out too?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Damokc wrote: »
    Muse! New album coming out too?!

In Croke Park?! Haven't a hope I'm afraid...they'll be Marlay Park.or the aviva if they even play here..

More than likely will be Ed Sheeran.

Why does the concert have to at the weekend?.. Could it not be any day really?.. Could be just before his Wembley date.

well i've never had jetlag flying back from that side of the US, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't take a week to shrug it off...

Just looking for an excuse for it not to be him.

Really want the cowboy back.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

ts_editor wrote: »
    Impressive.

Well whelans was a small televised gig, he's played the 3 arena 7 times in the since 2013 and played the Odyssey 4 times so that's 145,500 tickets in the last 2 years and thats not including vicar street, ruby sessions or the 2 whelans gig.

• Advertisement

Its going to break my heart if anything other than Garth Brooks is announced. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Bowie or Macca would do nicely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Bowie or Macca would do nicely :D

Bowie wouldn't fill it, not enough hipsters in the country and I don't think anyone would fancy paying €120+ to watch Maccas dyed main bouncing around for an hour and a half.
    All of these people saying this band won't fill it and that band won't fill it were also saying the same thing when the Script were rumoured and we all know how that played out.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Springsteen even though the date that are being mentioned don't suit me as I'm out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Wondering will it be the flavor of the month Mr Sheeran
    Could also be U2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Its going to break my heart if anything other than Garth Brooks is announced. :-(

It is not him at all

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

Katy Perry, 3rd weekend in July :)

Just no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag drifting through the wind.....................
    No Katy, never, not even once!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

When is the act been announced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'll be there if she brings the giant lion and the dancing sharks.

And her boobs.

Advertisement