Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another croke park gig

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    When is the act been announced?

When is mid-term break. Tickets go on sale that week for the kids to buy them if its Ed Sheeran.

So announced the week before that.

That's my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'd take a guess with Robbie Williams as he was just announced as a headliner at Sziget festival in Budapest which is the second week of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭bren2001

When is mid-term break. Tickets go on sale that week for the kids to buy them if its Ed Sheeran.

So announced the week before that.

That's my guess.

If they are concerned about kids buying them, they will just put them on sale on a Saturday. Wouldn't think that would have anything to do with announcing it really. Mid-term is in the week after Valentines day. I would expect an announcement by then however.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

98fm are reporting that it's Springsteen.

omicron wrote: »
    98fm are reporting that it's Springsteen.

If this is true, thank fcuk its not another kiddies concert, they went mad for one direction and the script. Open it up to more people, or is that allowed.

But I thought Bruce Springsteen was tied into the RDS or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

he has a long relationship with Aiken, so would be unlikely to do an MCD event or venue (eg. Slane and Marlay Park these days).

no such restriction with Croker, although whether or not the GAA will deal with Aiken again remains to be seen, but ultimately if theres money to be made then i'm sure they would...

http://www.98fm.com/Croke-Park-gig-is-sure-to-be-a-sellout-with-big-act-named

• Registered Users Posts: 7 really32

Coldplay I think it could be ..hopefully

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love it to be Springsteen. I have to laugh at people saying it could be Calvin Harris or Florence and the Machine ha

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

really32 wrote: »
    Coldplay I think it could be ..hopefully

Deffo. Either Coldpatrol or Snowplay. Or both. Who could tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

When is the concert supposed to be held? Hubbie is a big Bruce fan - has literally not missed a concert of his in Ireland as long as I've known him. Cos a lot of our weekends in June & July are taken up already (the social butterflies that we are!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,609 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would be happy with Ed or Bruce or both :p

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    When is the concert supposed to be held? Hubbie is a big Bruce fan - has literally not missed a concert of his in Ireland as long as I've known him. Cos a lot of our weekends in June & July are taken up already (the social butterflies that we are!)

May or first week of June is my guess.

Could happen the second week of June but then you have the take down of one stage, and the set up of another for the script. That's two solid weeks of disrupted sleep for the residents, so that leaves the second week out.

Third week, there's the script on June 20 and there's a match the following weekend.

Croke park has a weekend free in July but I think its kept for replay or something.

So its May- first week of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

So its May- first week of June.

Nice, that suits us. That's a sign so, it must be Bruce!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

June 1st is the 30th Anniversary of Bruce's Slane show.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I really really hope it's not Springsteen, not cause I wouldn't go (I'd be there in a heartbeat) but because one night means one set list. 2 nights in the rds and 2 in Belfast will do nicely.

Although, 40 year anniversary of born to run, 1 huge show makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Yep.

The Boss has been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Morrison J

endacl wrote: »
    Yep.

The Boss has been confirmed.

Where is this?

Could happen the second week of June but then you have the take down of one stage, and the set up of another for the script. That's two solid weeks of disrupted sleep for the residents, so that leaves the second week out.
    they'd just use the same stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The Boss would be amazing. I dont believe it though, no tour, no album.

I can't actually believe that it's probably between Ed Sheeran or Bruce Springsteen, how did Ed sneak into this level? Insane

strong rumours that Coldplay are doing Glastonbury again (last weekend of June).
    one of the few capable of shifting 80,000 tickets for Croker....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

The Boss would be amazing.

I can't actually believe that it's probably between Ed Sheeran or Bruce Springsteen, how did Ed sneak into this level? Insane

It seems like this is happening all over the place these days! Ride are headlining festivals in 2015 for Pete's sake!!!

Bruce would be incredible, a true musicians musician, an increasingly rare thing these days!

As Bruce has been staunchly an Aiken act for years, and has been playing the RDS with the E Street since 1988, I'll believe it when I see it!

The 40th anniversary tour of Born to Run I must say would be a very exciting prospect had they not have played it in full, sequenced so much on the last tour. Ah well, still one of the greatest albums ever made, bring on a few more times!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Please be bruce but it will probly sell out in record time

Can see it being ed sherran or Katy perry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Don't see it being Bruce, as good as he is I feel a lot of promoters would stay on the safe side (especially with acts Croker usually gets) with Ed.

Coldplay are a possibility.

I'd imagine Katy Perry would need to do a few more (formerly O2) 3Arena dates before she would get a chance of playing a stadium here.

Overall my smart money's on Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

karaokeman wrote: »
    Don't see it being Bruce, as good as he is I feel a lot of promoters would stay on the safe side (especially with acts Croker usually gets) with Ed.

Coldplay are a possibility.

I'd imagine Katy Perry would need to do a few more (formerly O2) 3Arena dates before she would get a chance of playing a stadium here.

Overall my smart money's on Ed.

In what way is Bruce not safe?.. What planet are you on?.. He can sell majority of any venue in the country handily enough,.if not right off the bat..

Bruce makes sense as it fits the croker demographic of recent years, one younger act, and what with a slightly older fanbase..

With Ed doing Wembley it Would make sense..

But the 40th anniversary thing with Bruces makes it a bit likely too..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ed Sheeran playing Croke Park? Stop the world, I'm getting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'll be there if she brings the giant lion and the dancing sharks.

And her boobs.

Sad state of affairs what sells well when it comes to live music these days with the odd exception.

As good as dancing sharks and her boobs may be people should be going to a music event for the performance and the er...music which ultimately hers is terrible.

Would sell well though if the bloody Script managed to sell it out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

nm wrote: »
    how did Ed sneak into this level? Insane

Two of my friends had tickets to Ed Sheeran for the O2 last Oct, one couldn't go so the other asked did I want to come, I said I had no interest in him.

Now, if he was announced for Croker I would worry about making sure I got a ticket.

Between the endless publicity of him being a nice guy, his songs staying in the charts and him picking whelans he grew on me.

Watching the storytellers episode in whelans my mouth was open at his half rapping. He is so genuinely talented.

Especially after Whelans, he seems like the natural choice.

But don't get me wrong I would love the drama if Garth was announced again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Sad state of affairs what sells well when it comes to live music these days with the odd exception.

As good as dancing sharks and her boobs may be people should be going to a music event for the performance and the er...music which ultimately hers is terrible.

Would sell well though if the bloody Script managed to sell it out :(

Bro, i know you're not having a dig but I've been to everything from dave hause in front of 60 people to ac/dc in punchestown and as much as i love incredible songwriters singing incredible songs, sometimes i want the smoke and mirrors and the flash bang, and i think that is where she excels.

And teenage dream is a ****ing awesome album.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

bennyl10 wrote: »
    In what way is Bruce not safe?.. What planet are you on?.. He can sell majority of any venue in the country handily enough,.if not right off the bat..

Bruce makes sense as it fits the croker demographic of recent years, one younger act, and what with a slightly older fanbase..

With Ed doing Wembley it Would make sense..

But the 40th anniversary thing with Bruces makes it a bit likely too..

Unsafe in the sense a majority of Bruce's fan base go beyond the casual listener. Don't get me wrong I love all music (and I love who some would consider "serious" artists as much as commercial acts), but in my experience Bruce fans who also listen to Westlife, Garth Brooks, The Script, One Direction, etc are a rarity.

Croke Park acts (I listen to them) are usually the type who get lots of airplay on Q102 and the like.

• Advertisement

Could it really be Bruce though.

I don't see this as a separate Dublin gig, it'll be part of a tour and a whole tour announcement.

Does Bruce Springsteen leave things so late, as in announce a whole tour and leave so little time between playing dates around UK/Europe (may-june-july).

Advertisement