Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another croke park gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Could it really be Bruce though.

I don't see this as a separate Dublin gig, it'll be part of a tour and a whole tour announcement.

Does Bruce Springsteen leave things so late, as in announce a whole tour and leave so little time between playing dates around UK/Europe (may-june-july).

There aren't many artists at all who leave things this late though.. Could have been planned for a while but wanted to announce whole.tour at once and chose croke Park, while mcd wanted the Scriot announced first, as they probably felt was more of a ticket risk..
    At least thsts the only reason i can see for any artist..

Like same point could be made re Ed Sheeran, why wasnt it announced with Wembley..
    Mcd/aiken sometimes dont think..

The person saying Katy Perry?d she's nowhere near selling Croke Park! She'd struggle with the aviva for god sake..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Morrison J

The rumour a few months back was that Bruce was having back surgery and had to cancel his planned tour this summer. Maybe for whatever reason he's recovered and the tour is back on. Hopefully anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Could it really be Bruce though.

I don't see this as a separate Dublin gig, it'll be part of a tour and a whole tour announcement.

Does Bruce Springsteen leave things so late, as in announce a whole tour and leave so little time between playing dates around UK/Europe (may-june-july).

Yes and no, he usually announces a summer tour before Christmas, but last time he announced the July gigs in march. If it's an album tour, the diehards are slightly less likely to travel so he can leave it a little later. Also if it's announced Friday it still leaves 4-5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

Just seen on a site called goss.ie that two springsteen concerts for croke park this summer. Don't know if it's a legitimate source

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Both Nils and Jake are touring on their own right this year so don't think it's him, they both only announced this within the last two weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

The Independent now reporting that it's definitely Springsteen, great news..will definitely be there.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/bruce-springsteen-the-boss-is-back-for-this-summers-croke-park-gig-30963050.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24,147 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Indo couldnt be definite about their own address.

However, if its Springsteen then good, i have no problem seeing Croke Park inconvenience residents for a good act, i was right behind the 'no' campaign against Brooks as he is so awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Psychobabble

Larbre34 wrote: »

However, if its Springsteen then good, i have no problem seeing Croke Park inconvenience residents for a good act, i was right behind the 'no' campaign against Brooks as he is so awful.

The legitimate objections of the residents last year were not based on the quality of the artist in question, they were based on the fact that One Direction had already used up the three dates allocated to the Stadium under their planning permission grant for the redevelopment of Croke Park and the imposition of an additional five concerts was deemed to be unacceptable in terms of the development plan for the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Why are people still questioning if it will be Bruce or not. I basically told you all as much yesterday morning and it was confirmed in the hoteliers circles yesterday lunchtime so they could up their prices and screw the customer once again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

Larbre34 wrote: »

I hope those residents sh!t on you because its not about the music with them.

That's from me and 399,999 more people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

mark13 wrote: »
    The Independent now reporting that it's definitely Springsteen, great news..will definitely be there.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/bruce-springsteen-the-boss-is-back-for-this-summers-croke-park-gig-30963050.html
    that article is copied and pasted straight from the Evening Herald, so I wouldn't put too much faith in it.
    in fact, they say that one will be announced on Friday, and then a 2nd announced on Saturday, which 100% won't happen.
    they'll either announce 2 together, or wait until the following week when the first one goes onsale and presumably sells out, before announcing a 2nd night night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If it is Bruce, hopefully its a decent gap between him, slane and ac/dc, I'm getting too old for these all day outdoor gigs.

The legitimate objections of the residents last year were not based on the quality of the artist in question, they were based on the fact that One Direction had already used up the three dates allocated to the Stadium under their planning permission grant for the redevelopment of Croke Park and the imposition of an additional five concerts was deemed to be unacceptable in terms of the development plan for the area.

What legitimate objections, it was all based on an ongoing gripe with the GAA over a bar.

Aiken were allowed to apply for more licences and I hope they get 10 more for Bruce Springsteen.

Here's the real reason those concerts were cancelled

Those residents wanted to get to the GAA, nothing more and it wasn't the first time. Here they all are in this video from 2012, over their bitter dispute. 6 minutes in and they admitted it, their precious bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Don't start this crap again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Would love if it was Bruce

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Psychobabble

What legitimate objections,

The objections were legitimate, in that they were upheld by Dublin City Council, in accordance with Planning Legislation and the Area Development Plan. The imposition of the full five additional concerts, in addition to the three already granted for One Direction in May was deemed to be unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Can’t believe people are questioning the wisdom of bringing Springsteen to a large venue. It’s a no-brainer for the promoters.

The objections were legitimate, in that they were upheld by Dublin City Council, in accordance with Planning Legislation and the Area Development Plan. The imposition of the full five additional concerts, in addition to the three already granted for One Direction in May was deemed to be unacceptable.

Except, that what's his name gave Aiken assurances that he wouldn't have a problem with the 5. The only only reason why he didn't grant the fifth, he was willing to grant 4, was because he didn't want to look like a wash out to the residents.

But I agree to the above poster, don't go here again. But I didn't drag this off topic in the first place.

10 nights of Bruce Springsteen woo hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

True....easiest sell of all for them. No one has consistently sold more tickets over the last few years nod even taking him out of Dublin which was deemed a huge risk a couple of years ago was a complete success. No brainier for promoters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Guess it wont be confirmed untill tomorrow,wouldnt mind getting the accommodation sorted fast!

• Advertisement

Guess it wont be confirmed untill tomorrow,wouldnt mind getting the accommodation sorted fast!
    I was looking yesterday evening and the last weekend in May and all weekend's in June are extortionately priced because the hoteliers got the heads up already.
    It's a disgrace really that they're allowed cash in like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Why are people still questioning if it will be Bruce or not. I basically told you all as much yesterday morning and it was confirmed in the hoteliers circles yesterday lunchtime so they could up their prices and screw the customer once again.

Is there any indication of what dates they'll be on? Or when this will be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Is there any indication of what dates they'll be on? Or when this will be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The guys on backstreets don't think its true

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The guys on backstreets don't think its true

There's no way the Backstreet Boys would sell out croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Do we really need another Bruce Springsteen concert? Surely everyone in the country has see him at least once by now. He'll be doing a tour of peoples front rooms next...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have a feeling I will be disappointed it's going to be ed sherran

Herald are liars

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I hope those residents sh!t on you because its not about the music with them.

Hi Mrs. Garth Brooks. Thought you'd turned your back on Garth?

My folks will be over the moon with Bruce. Wouldn't be keen on going myself, but from what I can gather he puts on a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

You're right! If some anonymous poster on the internet says Bruce Springsteen is playing Croke Park, then it must be true! Yay!

(in all seriousness, you're still a slightly more reliable news source than the Herald/Indo)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

still reckon it will be Coldplay. looking very likely to be playing Glastonbury, so almost certainly doing a world tour too, especially as they've a new album coming out and didn't really tour the last one.
    Arcade Fire headlined Glastonbury last year and MCD had them over to Marlay Park that same weekend. could see them doing the same thing for Coldplay.

Advertisement