Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another croke park gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,147 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The legitimate objections of the residents last year were not based on the quality of the artist in question, they were based on the fact that One Direction had already used up the three dates allocated to the Stadium under their planning permission grant for the redevelopment of Croke Park and the imposition of an additional five concerts was deemed to be unacceptable in terms of the development plan for the area.

No, its fine, I wasnt on Mars for the last 12 months, I know exactly what was involved, Im just looking forward to discernment between good and poor music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭bren2001

still reckon it will be Coldplay. looking very likely to be playing Glastonbury, so almost certainly doing a world tour too, especially as they've a new album coming out and didn't really tour the last one.
    Arcade Fire headlined Glastonbury last year and MCD had them over to Marlay Park that same weekend. could see them doing the same thing for Coldplay.

I would love if it was Coldplay but Glastonbury =! Ireland show. Ed Sheeran is heavy favourite for me to the point I threw a few quid on him the second I heard about another Croker show.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,147 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I hope those residents sh!t on you because its not about the music with them.

That's from me and 399,999 more people.

Nice.

And I think you'll find it was you and 79,999 people 5 times, or in Aikens terms:

80,000 x 5 = 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

bren2001 wrote: »
    I would love if it was Coldplay but Glastonbury =! Ireland show. Ed Sheeran is heavy favourite for me to the point I threw a few quid on him the second I heard about another Croker show.
    i know, but if they're doing Glastonbury and have a new album out, they'll almost certainly be doing a world tour of stadiums.
    and given that the Glastonbury news has come out the same day that news of someone playing Croker has, it looks a lot more likely to be them than Bruce Springsteen at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Surely someone on boards.ie works in Croke Park and has the inside scoop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

polydactyl wrote: »

I do, it's Led Zeppelin......sshhhhhh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

When did Coldplay last actually play here?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Oasis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Last played here at Oxegen 2011. They headlined the Sunday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭bren2001

They have played here 10 times. Oxegen 2011 was the last time and Phoenix Park in 2009 before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 noelg

Catmologen wrote: »
    Do we really need another Bruce Springsteen concert? Surely everyone in the country has see him at least once by now. He'll be doing a tour of peoples front rooms next...

'CAPPER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

I hope it's Coldplay personally, either way I hope they play Ireland this year. Zero interest in Ed Sheeran or Robbie Williams but they'd definitely get the numbers. As would Bruce obviously.

Let's hope whoever it is they don't F it up this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

polydactyl wrote: »

I have a friend who works in Croke Park. Not everyone who works there has such inside knowledge, all she knows is that she'll be working at whatever concert takes place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't think theres anyway Ed Sheeran would sell out Croker on his own. Could see him being part of a bill with a few other artists though like The Script and Farrell gig.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don't think theres anyway Ed Sheeran would sell out Croker on his own. Could see him being part of a bill with a few other artists though like The Script and Farrell gig.

He has sold out Wembley for three nights. Although with the o2 gigs his fans may be broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He has sold out wembley for 3 nights?!?! The mind boggles...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Coldplay would be logical as it appears they are at Glastonbury, can keep stage up before/after the Script for them.

Nothing to suggest it isn't either Ed or Bruce though. Would prefer Bruce to be playing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Robbie Williams would not be able to sell out Croker either . Sure didnt he just only sell out the Aviva last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

I would love nothing more than for it to be The Boss but it doesn't make sense seeing as he has no new album and no other dates anywhere else. The only way this makes sense is if Aiken is in series financial difficulties after the whole Garth Brooks fiasco and seeing as Peter Aiken is mates with Bruce - he is doing him the favour so he doesn't go bust.

Robbie Williams would not be able to sell out Croker either . Sure didnt he just only sell out the Aviva last time?

And he sold out five nights in Wembley Stadium on that tour so selling out Wembley doesn't say much. I doubt it's Robbie either seeing he doesn't even have an album out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Irish times just tweeted
    "Who needs Garth Brooks when you can have Bruce Springsteen? #TheBoss is coming to Croke Park ✌ http://t.co/RxjMFsPfjl"

That's that then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Irish times just tweeted
    "Who needs Garth Brooks when you can have Bruce Springsteen? #TheBoss is coming to Croke Park ✌ http://t.co/RxjMFsPfjl"

That's not the Times

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Irish times just tweeted

Meh. Ah well, he'll get the crowd.

Stuart Clarke from Hotpress has tried to get it confirmed and says it just a rumour at the moment but it hoping it gets confirmed shortly. Surely as a editor of the top music magazine in Ireland he could easily get it confirmed or denied by Aiken? Why not just deny it if it's not true?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

I'd be (delightfully) shocked if it was Bruce. My pocket wouldn't thank me though!

Thats The Irish News a regional paper in Belfast not the Irish Times.

Edit: beaten to it while I checked it was not just a "foreign" name for the Irish Times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

EyesClosed wrote: »
    That's not the Times

So.it's not, my apologies, the irish news have same picture..

Seems to be almost done deal.though.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

So.it's not, my apologies, the irish news have same picture..

Seems to be almost done deal.though.
    Or they could all have the same duff source.

RoboAmish wrote: »
    Or they could all have the same duff source.

Yep it seems they all do "the Herald" the bastion of investigative journalism. If Stuart Clarke says it is though I will believe it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Is there any indication of what dates they'll be on? Or when this will be announced?

The announcement is on Friday.
    If any of this can be believed! :)

Advertisement