Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another croke park gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

RTE website have the story now, wtf?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭bren2001

PP offering 60/1 for Bruce Springsteens 2015 Croke Park gig to be cancelled. There is no smoke without fire, fairly nailed on to be the Boss.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

Reading the independent, a source has told the herald...

And another comment here on boards about the hotels knowing before anyone else.

Yet there's nothing on Aiken promotions website about it being Bruce Springsteen.

Is this the same hotel (from a reliable source) that had inside info last summer that all 5 Garth Brooks concerts were back on???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

bren2001 wrote: »
    PP offering 60/1 for Bruce Springsteens 2015 Croke Park gig to be cancelled. There is no smoke without fire, fairly nailed on to be the Boss.

IF it's Bruce, and knowing his sense of humour, do you reckon i could get odds on him opening with a Garth Brooks song?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Does anyone reckon it might be Garth Brooks?

just kidding, in all seriousness I reckon it'll be Prince.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

ankaragucu wrote: »
    RTE website have the story now, wtf?!
    "tipped"

"According to the Herald"

C'mon RTE, get off the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

grimm2005 wrote: »

There's more chance of it being Elvis than Garth Brooks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

grimm2005 wrote: »

His stage is in storage here, could be. Doubt they will attempt the same as last year. It would be a maximum of two concerts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

hynesie08 wrote: »
    There's more chance of it being Elvis than Garth Brooks.

I'M ELVIS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

His stage is in storage here, could be. Doubt they will attempt the same as last year. It would be a maximum of two concerts though.

I was being sarcastic...

• Advertisement

Prince has a stage in storage?? That's great news

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Prince has a stage in storage?? That's great news

There is more chance of it being Garth Brooks rather than Prince over the last Croke Park gig he was supposed to play. Might be Abba tho.

bren2001 wrote: »
    There is more chance of it being Garth Brooks rather than Prince over the last Croke Park gig he was supposed to play. Might be Abba tho.

Let's hope for Alan Partridge doing Abba covers

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Let's hope for Alan Partridge doing Abba covers

I'd take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

98fm and The Herald should be banned from publication for this (assuming it's not Bruce.. if it is, all is forgiven)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I wonder if the Heralds source is sweating a little somewhere going "jesus, I didnt think the story would get this big so fast"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

polydactyl wrote: »
    I wonder if the Heralds source is sweating a little somewhere going "jesus, I didnt think the story would get this big so fast"

This is operation genoa all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Twitter : Andy Greene @greeneandy

'Despite reports all over the European press, I have definitive word that Bruce Springsteen is not playing in Croke Park this summer'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

A Prince & Gareth Brooks "Cowboy Hats & Cuban Heals" double headliner show. Tickets on sale next Friday.....

wacotaco wrote: »

'Despite reports all over the European press, I have definitive word that Bruce Springsteen is not playing in Croke Park this summer'

That answers that question so! Ed Sheeran it is so :p

• Advertisement

Poor Ed, the main feeling for nearly any announcement now will be disappointment where as if there had been no hype it might have been mild interest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

****ing herald lying bastards knew it was too good to be true

Def not going to ed Sheeran, I hope the shows are ****ing disaster

Ah well I have fleetwood mac and acdc this summer anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

U2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

wacotaco wrote: »

Fits in....the usual suspects and sites that have Bruce news early on were caught cold on this and don't believe it...disappointing. ...

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ****ing herald lying bastards knew it was too good to be true

Def not going to ed Sheeran, I hope the shows are ****ing disaster

Ah well I have fleetwood mac and acdc this summer anyway

Seems fair, wishing bad on others since you can't have your way.
    It's my football I'm going home

Hotpress not giving up http://www.hotpress.com/Bruce-Springsteen/news/Bruce-Springsteen-looks-set-for-Croke-Park/13440867.html

Although if you read that carefully

"24 hours ago, it was readily expected that Ed Sheeran would be the major act playing in Croke Park this summer, but a flurry of rumours this morning suggested that it could be a guitar-toting star from the other side of the Atlantic.
    And while there's been no official confirmation that it will be Bruce Springsteen at GAA HQ this summer, HP has been hunting around for the latest, and understands that it's all systems go for the return of The Boss.

Sources with their ears very very close to the ground have told us that, though it sort of came from nowhere, the talk in some high places is about nothing but New Jersey's finest rocking on Irish shores for the first time since 2013.

If Springsteen does indeed play two dates this summer, it will be the last Croker announcement for 2015; last year's debacle involving a certain stetson-clad country star means the three gig rule is very much in operation this time!"

It says nothing at all except we heard the rumours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Andy Greene was the one who said dream baby dream was not on an album and a once off single if I remember?.. He's normally scary reliable, but hey a little flicker of hope..

Probably won't be Bruce.. But all.The Irish papers are grabbing it from somewhere.. With this many running it must be something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

polydactyl wrote: »
    Poor Ed, the main feeling for nearly any announcement now will be disappointment where as if there had been no hype it might have been mild interest :)

Serves him right

Yep it was prob some eejit ringing the Herald after reading something on here :) and the fact that every single media outlet is reporting it as fact based on " a source for the Herald" says a lot about journalism in Ireland at the moment. Only place I have not seen it is in the Journal which is strange....or I missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Perhaps its the Quo? Status Quo in the Marquee in Cork in July, maybe they are going to do a double header??

Advertisement