Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another croke park gig

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Perhaps its the Quo? Status Quo in the Marquee in Cork in July, maybe they are going to do a double header??

Croke Park? Are you mad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

nm wrote: »
    Croke Park? Are you mad?

5 nights

who cares about not half filling the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

5 nights

mrs brooks seriously, stop now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

5 nights

The gaa, aiken, status quo, sword security, food vendors and everyone else who would lose a **** tonne of money if ANYBODY took your one woman vendetta seriously.

Luckily no one would be that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Garth Brooks supporting Status Quo maybe?

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    The gaa, aiken, status quo, sword security, food vendors and everyone else who would lose a **** tonne of money if ANYBODY took your one woman vendetta seriously.

Luckily no one would be that stupid.

It was a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Perhaps its the Quo? Status Quo in someone's back garden marquee in Cork in July, maybe they are going to do a double header??

Fixed.

wacotaco wrote: »
    Twitter : Andy Greene @greeneandy

'Despite reports all over the European press, I have definitive word that Bruce Springsteen is not playing in Croke Park this summer'

According to this, there's two more nights in croke park.

"A spokeswoman for croke park has failed to comment on the the remaining two dates of the 2015 summer line up".

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/lord-mayor-calls-for-protection-of-local-rights-ahead-of-croke-park-gigs-1.2091108

If its not Bruce Springsteen, who is it. That ginger cnut can't sell out two nights here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Never underestimate the power of constant radio play and people who don't like music.

If its not Bruce Springsteen, who is it. That ginger cnut can't sell out two nights here.
    Sold out 4 nights in the o2 and 2 in the odyssey
    Sold out all over Europe
    One of the Biggest selling albums of last year
    Playing 3 nights in Wembley Stadium (all sold out)

So are you just blinded by bitterness or do you actually believe he's not qualified to play croker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Sold out 4 nights in the o2 and 2 in the odyssey
    Sold out all over Europe
    One of the Biggest selling albums of last year
    Playing 3 nights in Wembley Stadium (all sold out)

So are you just blinded by bitterness or do you actually believe he's not qualified to play croker?

Bitterness me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Bitterness me thinks

Don't mind the music snobs who diss Ed, they're a dime a dozen in the internet era.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there's no reason to believe that it'll be 2 nights, as that came from the Herald who said it would be Springsteen, plus the nonsense that a 2nd night would be announced on Saturday, despite the first not even going on sale at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

karaokeman wrote: »
    Don't mind the music snobs who diss Ed, they're a dime a dozen in the internet era.

So is Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

So that's that.. another Evening Herald 'scoop' proves to be just made up:

Hot Press has spoken to promoter Peter Aiken, of Aiken Promotions – who have handled all of Springsteen’s Irish shows, since he first appeared here at Slane Castle in 1985, opening the Europeam leg of the Born In The USA tour.

“I have no idea where the story came from that Bruce was going to play Croke Park,” Peter, who is currently in the States, told Hot Press. “It astonishes me that someone can just run with a story like that. No one spoke to me about it at any stage before it was printed – and we have consistently promoted Bruce Springsteen’s shows in Ireland. I can tell you that there is no truth whatsoever in it. It is not happening. It is as simple as that.”

http://www.hotpress.com/Bruce-Springsteen/news/Bruce-Springsteen-There-Is-No-Dublin-Show/13441082.html#sthash.OwfZtBAd.dpuf

nm wrote: »
    So is Ed

Well, with Peter Aiken's comment (as seen above) I'm going to guess its Ed Sheeran.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭bren2001

Well, with Peter Aiken's comment (as seen above) I'm going to guess its Ed Sheeran.

If it's two nights I cannot see it being Ed. He would need an absolutely massive underbill to sell that. Could be Ed one night, a different act the second night.

bren2001 wrote: »
    If it's two nights I cannot see it being Ed. He would need an absolutely massive underbill to sell that. Could be Ed one night, a different act the second night.

Think the notion of two concerts is as reliable as the one about Bruce playing. Sure no one will know by Saturday if the demand allows for a second night.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

What a shame. The so called journalist who printed the original story without contacting Aiken should be sacked. And the Indo, RTE and other so called respectable publications should be equally ashamed for spreading the fiction. Peter Aiken should have denied it this morning and not waited till the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just let Mike Denver play there :p he covers both Bruce and Garth songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Any chance of Coldplay? although cant see them doing two nights either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 macker8811

Ed sheeran sold out THREE Wembley gigs he sold out the three arena in October 5 nights and could of easily sold another 5 he is well capable of selling out croake park

• Registered Users Posts: 86,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

macker8811 wrote: »
    Ed sheeran sold out THREE Wembley gigs he sold out the three arena in October 5 nights and could of easily sold another 5 he is well capable of selling out croake park

Free tickets to anyone who missed out Whelans gig

macker8811 wrote: »

The Wembley gigs really have no relevance here. Green Day sold Wembley but couldn't sell Marlay, Killers sold it but couldn't sell Phoenix Park. England has a much bigger population so selling gigs is a bit easier.

Sheeran did four (not five) nights in Dublin and the last one didn't sell out. In fact, closer to the time, you could get tickets to any night. The fact that these concerts were so close last year makes me think people would be less likely to go see him again. Furthermore, the "hardcore" fans will already be paying to go to Wembley. Added to the fact, his music does not suit a stadium.

I say this as an Ed Sheeran fan, who saw him in the 3 Arena and twice at V festival in England. I think he would struggle to sell one night and would have no chance of selling two. If it goes ahead and he sells two, feel free to rub this post in my face.

There's been no statement from Aiken or MCD, is there even a concert announcement on Friday. I think I read somewhere its Friday. But where is that coming from?

The first page of this thread and you have Paraic Duffy in the link saying the concert will be announced shortly, but he didn't say Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

UsedToWait wrote: »
    So that's that.. another Evening Herald 'scoop' proves to be just made up:

Hot Press has spoken to promoter Peter Aiken, of Aiken Promotions – who have handled all of Springsteen’s Irish shows, since he first appeared here at Slane Castle in 1985, opening the Europeam leg of the Born In The USA tour.

“I have no idea where the story came from that Bruce was going to play Croke Park,” Peter, who is currently in the States, told Hot Press. “It astonishes me that someone can just run with a story like that. No one spoke to me about it at any stage before it was printed – and we have consistently promoted Bruce Springsteen’s shows in Ireland. I can tell you that there is no truth whatsoever in it. It is not happening. It is as simple as that.”

http://www.hotpress.com/Bruce-Springsteen/news/Bruce-Springsteen-There-Is-No-Dublin-Show/13441082.html#sthash.OwfZtBAd.dpuf

I wouldn't necessarily believe the promoter either. They are obviously going to say it's not the band in question, so when the announcement does come, there is still excitement/speculation about the act. Can you imagine if he said 'Yeah, it is Bruce, but it won't be announced till Friday'?

Best way to think of it is trust no source until the gig is officially announced, both sides will have their own interests in wanting to speculate/quell speculation.

Mushy wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily believe the promoter either. They are obviously going to say it's not the band in question, so when the announcement does come, there is still excitement/speculation about the act. Can you imagine if he said 'Yeah, it is Bruce, but it won't be announced till Friday'?

Best way to think of it is trust no source until the gig is officially announced, both sides will have their own interests in wanting to speculate/quell speculation.

But he wouldn't have to deny it either. What if Aiken's response was "Well you never know...", just to tease people if Bruce was likely. On the other hand you always hear about key informants refusing to either confirm or deny. There's always a third way.

bren2001 wrote: »

I say this as an Ed Sheeran fan, who saw him in the 3 Arena and twice at V festival in England. I think he would struggle to sell one night and would have no chance of selling two. If it goes ahead and he sells two, feel free to rub this post in my face.

90% of us didn't think the script would sell out croker, i don't even try to predict what irish gig goers will do anymore.

90% of us didn't think the script would sell out croker, i don't even try to predict what irish gig goers will do anymore.

And a lot of us believe that the concert has not actually sold out. I am sure closer to the time plenty of "production seats" will suddenly become available. You are right tho, I have been wrong so many times with these concerts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Tuhula wrote: »
    Any chance of Coldplay? although cant see them doing two nights either.
    quite likely it's them IMO.
    either the same weekend as The Script, or the weekend after (which is Glastonbury weekend, one of the nights they'll be there, the other here with the same stage as used by The Script).

Advertisement