Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another croke park gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

GAA heads allowing 80,000 metallers run amok would love to see the day but it's a non runner I'm afraid.

I can't see much of a problem with Metallica fans, a lot of them would be ex-gaa players in some form or another in their late thirties by now with a semi-discerning taste in music. Most of whom would have moved on from Metallica and would go to the gig with a nostalgic and fairly laid back attitude.

They'll be dying to go home for a glass of Merlot and some goats cheese with a light pickle on a low GI cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

nm wrote: »
    That would be brilliant craic for the residents, honestly I'd love it for that reason alone

They'd be better behaved than garth brooks fans.

hynesie08 wrote: »

Agreed. They'd be music aficionados, gig goers, people familiar with the things that go hand in hand with concerts, they'd act appropriately, appreciate that if "this goes well, there may be more". They'd recognise the territory, won't get blind drunk as, if they did, they'd miss the gig, they'd be respectful of property because they have probably seen the repercussions of misbehavior at other gigs. They'd respect other concert goers. They'd have a bit of class.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Agreed. They'd be music aficionados, gig goers, people familiar with the things that go hand in hand with concerts, they'd act appropriately, appreciate that if "this goes well, there may be more". They'd recognise the territory, won't get blind drunk as, if they did, they'd miss the gig, they'd be respectful of property because they have probably seen the repercussions of misbehavior at other gigs. They'd respect other concert goers. They'd have a bit of class.

I wouldn't go THAT far...

I wouldn't go THAT far...

Well, it's not going to happen so we won't find out.

So, I'm right. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

Aren't you one yourself. Tickets for two nights.

Aren't you one yourself. Tickets for two nights.

Two nights of what? Last time Garth brooks played here i was 11.

Two nights of what? Last time Garth brooks played here i was 11.

Didn't you have tickets to two nights to see Garth Brooks last year? Before it was cancelled.

Continue with the other bitter residents talking about how great other bands fans are and garth brooks fans are scum of the earth but you're talking about yourself.

Didn't you have tickets to two nights to see Garth Brooks last year? Before it was cancelled.

Continue with the other bitter residents talking about how great other bands fans are and garth brooks fans are scum of the earth but you're talking about yourself.

Ok so....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ok so....

Ok so....View Public Profile>find all posts by hynsie08>forum:gigs&events>Garth Brooks etc...
    Anyway, as much as I'm looking forward to this gig, can't shake the feeling that it's gonna be overrun by the "once a year" gig crowd.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Ok so....View Public Profile>find all posts by hynsie08>forum:gigs&events>Garth Brooks etc...

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I've never denied having tickets to the gig, I've also never denied not thinking much about Garth Brooks as a person or thinking that a lot of his fans acted like at best children, at worst scum after the gigs got cancelled.

But I've been on this roundabout before so I'm gonna get off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

can't tell if that's sarcasm above, or someone who genuinely doesn't think that Metallica at Croker would be full of pissed-up lads in their late 30s/40s trying to re-live their youth....

I'm glad you admitted it yourself, being a Garth Brooks fan, going two nights yourself and looking forward to it, that it was you causing the trouble for your Dublin neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Do we know what time the announcement is at? I've been well and truly sucked in by the hype machine on this one.

Do we know what time the announcement is at? I've been well and truly sucked in by the hype machine on this one.

Yeah me too (secretly hoping its a cowboy).

I don't think its today. There's nothing from Aiken or MCD about an announcement today.

I'm glad you admitted it yourself, being a Garth Brooks fan, going two nights yourself and looking forward to it, that it was you causing the trouble for your Dublin neighbours.
    Ok so......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It better be at Boss time.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

It better be at Boss time.

I wish but not a hope.. my money is on Ed Sheeran

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Yeah me too (secretly hoping its a cowboy).

Not a very well kept secret...
    I thought there was only going to be one and that was the script.

Is it Garth Brooks???
    The third weekend in July, I think is kept for matches or something. So May or June.

Garth Brooks
    Garth Brooks
    Garth Brooks
    Garth Brooks
    Garth Brooks
    Someone tell me its Garth Brooks.
    Really want the cowboy back.
    Its going to break my heart if anything other than Garth Brooks is announced. :-(
    His stage is in storage here, could be. Doubt they will attempt the same as last year. It would be a maximum of two concerts though.
    But it was Peter McKenna of Croke Park saying something that they're working with the residents, its ongoing, and they would like to see Garth Brooks back to play croke park.

Could that have been an early hint.
    I know, I can wish
    As long as one heart still holds on
    Then hope is never really gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Ed / Garth or U2

Cant see it being anyone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Its not U2, they are concentrating on doing more intimate venues, so, the biggest arenas they can find basically. Also it'll be Winter when they get here.

Garth Brooks surely won't play unless he can have a bevy of dates in Croke Park. One, two or three ain't enough for him as proved by the fiasco last year!

The smart money is on Ed Shearan, I wouldn't have thought a stadium would be the best platform for his music. That brand of cotton pop usually goes down better in arenas or theatres. Ah well fair play to the guy, he seems to have carved out quite a following, I hope it lasts for him beyond the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭flasher0030

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Not a very well kept secret...

Someone has waaayyy too much time on their hands - tracking back over someone's history of comments and quoting a raft of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Someone has waaayyy too much time on their hands - tracking back over someone's history of comments and quoting a raft of them.

Worth it for the visual I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Had a quiet morning in work today and the thread isn't very long, took about 2 minutes.

Garth Brooks surely won't play unless he can have a bevy of dates in Croke Park. One, two or three ain't enough for him as proved by the fiasco last year!

I got a bit too excited when Dubliner28 suggested Garth Brooks.

Then I thought of the great idea of two concerts in Croke Park, two or three somewhere else.

But you're looking at a may or early june concert in croke park.

By the time tickets go sale for croke park, they realise there's a demand for more, let's have 3 concerts in limerick. And you're into the whole licensing craic again which takes time. The promoters have to get their info together as it goes to the hse, guards, etc which isn't going to take a week or two. Send in their application and then it takes 10 weeks.

If there's a second venue, they will be pushing it time wise.

I put to much thought into this, but its not Garth Brooks because he'll need at least 4 nights, and I'm only preparing myself now for the disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Oasis reunion
    No, hell hasn't quite frozen over yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Oasis reunion

Considering Noel and Liam still barely talk to each other and Noel is releasing a new album with his new band there's nil chance of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Metallica and slash you heard it here first ;)

• Advertisement

Metallica and slash you heard it here first ;)

I hope so. I would laugh so much. Put some proper manners on those croke park creatures.

Screw it, someone said that metallica wouldn't sell it, I would buy a ticket to make up for last years mess, just for the fun of it.

Advertisement