Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another croke park gig

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I hope so. I would laugh so much. Put some proper manners on those croke park creatures.

Screw it, someone said that metallica wouldn't sell it, I would buy a ticket to make up for last years mess, just for the fun of it.

Wow you are in no way bitter at all are you?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I can't see Metallica being any noisier than Brooks tbh. Less drunken middle aged women anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

I have only waited all my life to see Garth Brooks in concert. To have have him on your doorstep almost. No harm sure, he'll be back.

I can't see Metallica being any noisier than Brooks tbh. Less drunken middle aged women anyway!

Thats no way to be talking about hynesie08

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

She literally has nothing else in her life except some imaginary revolution against croke park residents (Ignoring the fact that his royal girthness cancelled most of the gigs)

• Advertisement

Thats no way to be talking about hynesie08

Sorry, are you the one who said she wanted to smash owen keegans face in with a hammer? Or the one who accused another poster of taking photos of underage girls?

All you middle aged spinsters blended into one in that topic.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Sorry, are you the one who said she wanted to smash owen keegans face in with a hammer? Or the one who accused another poster of taking photos of underage girls?

All you middle aged spinsters blended into one in that topic.

Nope that wasn't me.

You're a middle aged spinster too, aren't you.

Nope that wasn't me.

Nope, i am neither middle aged nor a spinster (Nor a woman).

Are you claiming your not hardluckwoman and/or thatgirlisacowboy?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,417 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Zero chance of it being metallica would love it but there's no chance

It's probly ed Sheeran and Coldplay

Nope that wasn't me.

Apologies, it was eamon o'brien and a shovel, so much less insane

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91239600&postcount=5442

• Advertisement

Nope, i am neither middle aged nor a spinster (Nor a woman).

Are you claiming your not hardluckwoman and/or thatgirlisacowboy?

Well, I'm only 3 years older than you since you were 11 the last time Garth Brooks was here. It doesn't make me one either.

With the way you were posting, I thought you were a bitter old hag that didn't want the concerts at all.

HLW was my old account which I closed. The other one wasn't mine.

Apologies, it was eamon o'brien and a shovel, so much less insane

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91239600&postcount=5442

And I still want to hit him so bad.

Look how he cared about his community, drop the legal proceedings and we'll allow 80,000 people trample around croke park.

http://www.press.ie/All-five-Garth-Brooks-concerts-to-go-ahead-in-Croke-Park.htm

I know you've got a love affair with him, you'll still kiss his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not this Garth Brooks **** again...seriously?

And I still want to hit him so bad.

Look how he cared about his community, drop the legal proceedings and we'll allow 80,000 people trample around croke park.

http://www.press.ie/All-five-Garth-Brooks-concerts-to-go-ahead-in-Croke-Park.htm

I know you've got a love affair with him, you'll still kiss his ass.

Did he cancel the concerts? no, It was Garth.

Corholio wrote: »
    Not this Garth Brooks **** again...seriously?

I know, some people can't take a joke.

Or it may not have been a joke but I wasn't the only one for saying they wanted metallica for the fun of it. And I get labeled as bitter but I see nm wasn't labeled as bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I know, some people can't take a joke

But you went to the Gardai about the last thread and reported that someone threatened to burn your house down. What all they did was say you got burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Lads, can we not feed the trolls please?

Has there been any sort of announcement yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

No announcement yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Do we even know for sure if there is going to be another croke park gig? Or like the whole Sheeran/Springsteen scenario just speculation

God love them the residents are off again.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/croke-park-residents-feel-in-the-dark-about-concert-plans-1.2094671

"Croke Park has continuously said they will work with the residents to keep them informed around the concerts issue. Its been in the news all week and we haven't been consulted"

They are taking all those rumours as rock solid information, everyone knows, the whole world knows before them and they are the last to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/croke-park-residents-feel-in-the-dark-about-concert-plans-1.2094671

"Croke Park has continuously said they will work with the residents to keep them informed around the concerts issue. Its been in the news all week and we haven't been consulted"

They are taking all those rumours as rock solid information, everyone knows, the whole world knows before them and they are the last to know.

Don't think it's too much to ask that the Residents Committee's are told that two more concerts is a possibility this summer, as well as possible dates. Croke Park have said many times that they will keep residents informed in future yet never do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭chickenlicken2

To be honest I think they have a point. In relation to rumours as rock solid, Croke Park announced an upcoming gig so it's not as though it came from an unknown source that a newspaper just ran with. It's pretty much a given that another show/(s) is to happen this summer.

Given commercial sensitivity one would hardly expect that the parties enter into negotiations with residents groups and discuss concert information prior to a press release. Disclosing details on a show prior to public announcement would be foolhardy. I sincerely doubt the resident expect to be told artist and date prior to the gig being announced for sale. Given the tone of this piece they just want to be afforded courtesy and respect and remain assured their concerns will be taken into consideration.

However the fact remains that Croke Park/ GAA have announced the upcoming show(s) and this announcement was made I believe a week ago. The media have picked up on it to a vast extent, radio/print/online /social media.
    The residents and their groups were assured
    that their concerns would be listened to however they still remain unawares of plans for this gig. It would hardly be unreasonable for the residents to be given the courtesy of being notified formally; albeit with the same level of detail joe public receives.

Undoubtedly given the media coverage of last year the press are going to court all affected parties for a statement about the proposed shows. It's not as though it's a sad face daily mail article, the guy is raising very valid concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

@ the moment i may be drunker than a very drunk thing,
    but i would be happier than a pig in a fresh barrel of ****
    if we got a large scale Coldplay gig,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

To be honest I think they have a point. In relation to rumours as rock solid, Croke Park announced an upcoming gig so it's not as though it came from an unknown source that a newspaper just ran with. It's pretty much a given that another show/(s) is to happen this summer.

Given commercial sensitivity one would hardly expect that the parties enter into negotiations with residents groups and discuss concert information prior to a press release. Disclosing details on a show prior to public announcement would be foolhardy. I sincerely doubt the resident expect to be told artist and date prior to the gig being announced for sale. Given the tone of this piece they just want to be afforded courtesy and respect and remain assured their concerns will be taken into consideration.

However the fact remains that Croke Park/ GAA have announced the upcoming show(s) and this announcement was made I believe a week ago. The media have picked up on it to a vast extent, radio/print/online /social media.
    The residents and their groups were assured
    that their concerns would be listened to however they still remain unawares of plans for this gig. It would hardly be unreasonable for the residents to be given the courtesy of being notified formally; albeit with the same level of detail joe public receives.

Undoubtedly given the media coverage of last year the press are going to court all affected parties for a statement about the proposed shows. It's not as though it's a sad face daily mail article, the guy is raising very valid concerns.

If I lived next door to the premier stadium venue in the country the promoter wouldn't need to tell me it was going to be used at some point during the summer, common sense would take care of that.

Far as I can tell there's been no official announcements whatsoever (?), so it's only the indo/herald and a troll on here that's failed to keep them in the loop?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

nm wrote: »
    If I lived next door to the premier stadium venue in the country the promoter wouldn't need to tell me it was going to be used at some point during the summer, common sense would take care of that.

Far as I can tell there's been no official announcements whatsoever (?), so it's only the indo/herald and a troll on here that's failed to keep them in the loop?

Did you actually read the IT piece?

Residents are well aware that there's (at a minimum) another two slots to fill at Croke Park. The issue is when those two dates will be - it's about planning around the disruption. Clearly Croke Park have specific date possibilities in mind, irrespective of the rumours of who might be playing.

Disclaimer - local resident who has no issue with gigs in Croker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

alastair wrote: »
    Did you actually read the IT piece?

Residents are well aware that there's (at a minimum) another two slots to fill at Croke Park. The issue is when those two dates will be - it's about planning around the disruption. Clearly Croke Park have specific date possibilities in mind, irrespective of the rumours of who might be playing.

Disclaimer - local resident who has no issue with gigs in Croker.

Understandable I suppose.

But if they can't confirm whos playing, how can they confirm when unconfirmed act may or may not play?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

nm wrote: »
    Understandable I suppose.

But if they can't confirm whos playing, how can they confirm when unconfirmed act may or may not play?

They could certainly provide info about the range of possible slots they're in discussions over. That wouldn't tie them to any specific commitment, but at least offer a ballpark over potentially disruptive blocks. Croke Park will already know the range of possibilities for which tours could slot into their available blocks - even if they don't want to discuss the specific gig dates ahead of seeking planning permission.

Who's playing is besides the point. It would be pretty tricky to narrow down all the possible tours with availability on a given date, so they don't have to let the cat out of the bag by revealing the date. It's certainly been the case before, that they seek planning permission for specific dates ahead of announcing the act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

It may have been said on here, and they're always thrown somewhere in there with the speculation, but u2?

Now, first thing that rules them out is this tour they're doing indoor arenas.

However:

1) when they announced their tour, they left Ireland out.

2) this is because Ireland will recieve a "special" dedicated slot for the tour.

3) the tour starts in may, running up til oct/nov. The shows play with relative frequency, apart from August, when there is an entire 1 MONTH break. Their last concert is around 30/31 July in New york, then nothing mentioned for August, before venues and tickets are available in September in Europe.

4) I have come to the conclusion that the Irish part of the tour may well be in August as it is the only "free slot" the band have to include Ireland on its tour. They said from the outset special arrangements would be announced at a later date for Ireland. This could be a reason for an argument against point (1) that its indoor venues this tour. Also, they finish July 30th in New York, then start back September in Italy.

EDIT: there was also speculation that they'd finish the tour in Ireland, after Paris in November, and that could still be possible, but there may be a chance, as plans do change.

Advertisement