Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on Alarm Quote Please

Options
  • 02-02-2015 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of organising an alarm for my mother and prices seem to have increased significantly in the 3 years since I got an alarm myself.

What I have been quoted is €1,700 for:

HKC Quantam control panel

HKC Wireless sensor on the windows to pick up openings and bangs (not sure if these are 2 separate sensors or if it's an all in one sensor) for 9 windows (2 separate sensors on my personal alarm system)

HTC Wireless sensor for 2 doors

Alarm fob to turn on / off / panic button

1 x Infra Red Internal Beam

Internal and external noise making devices

3 years ago I got a Satel Versa wired system from the same company with exactly double the windows (18) and doors (4) for €1,800 so it seems really expensive now to have to pay €1,700 for half of that.

Are wireless systems that much dearer or have prices in general increased significantly?

How often do the batteries need changing and are they very expensive?

Sorry for the basic questions.

Thanks for any feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Prices haven't increased. Wireless sensors are about four times more expensive than wired.

As always, get a few quotes and make sure to compare like for like.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As Fred says get a few quotes, also look at a few different systems. Prices vary as much as 25% across different makes of wireless devices.
    Batteries for wireless devices vary for €1 to €7 or €8 you get what you pay for here.
    Also consider what you want from the system.If you are going with self monitoring IP is the most cost effective option on most systems. However that system you have been quoted for will charge you an annual subscription + a charge for every app.
    Other systems like , GSD, Siemens & Risco offer all this for free.
    Thats why we say Shop Around !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Wire free is more expensive and that quote is on the high side for what you are getting.
    I would be getting other company's to price this up for you.
    Sensors on the HKC system use the same type batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

I agree with altor deffo seems a bit on the high side well that's from a Dublin guy I know it a little dearer outside the pale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm in the process of getting more quotes so I might ask for additional advice when I've gotten them.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Feel free to come back to us on anything. A little information can save you a lot of time,grief & money.

Advertisement