Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Active Line,

Options
  • 02-02-2015 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi, I've just moved into a new property and the previous tenants haven't cancelled the phone line i.e. It is still active.  I have my tenancy agreement to send into eircom to get the line cancelled so i can open up my own account.  What is the email address for this as i appear to have been given the wrong email address over the phone?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

suds1984 wrote: »
    Hi, I've just moved into a new property and the previous tenants haven't cancelled the phone line i.e. It is still active.  I have my tenancy agreement to send into eircom to get the line cancelled so i can open up my own account.  What is the email address for this as i appear to have been given the wrong email address over the phone?

Thanks
    Hi suds1984

The email address can vary between different departments I'm afraid. The best advice I can offer you is to contact accounts on free phone 1901 however you might find it more convenient to reach them via WebChat at eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3 traceymjmcl

I am currently facing this same issue. We moved into a new property 6 weeks ago and applied for Vodafone broadband. Vodafone have been unable to install due an active line still being held by Eir at the property. Apparently this is due to the previous tenant still owing money on the account. We were told by Vodafone that the line would be released within 30 days but this is still ongoing as they have said Eir are refusing to release the line.

At this point, it is extremely URGENT that it is resolved as I am seven months pregnant and have to have the capability of working from home (my daily commute is one hour, which is not reasonable at this stage of pregnancy). I tried Eir live chat on their website this morning and was told to email their accountchange email address which I have done. As of yet, I have received no response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

I am currently facing this same issue. We moved into a new property 6 weeks ago and applied for Vodafone broadband. Vodafone have been unable to install due an active line still being held by Eir at the property. Apparently this is due to the previous tenant still owing money on the account. We were told by Vodafone that the line would be released within 30 days but this is still ongoing as they have said Eir are refusing to release the line.

At this point, it is extremely URGENT that it is resolved as I am seven months pregnant and have to have the capability of working from home (my daily commute is one hour, which is not reasonable at this stage of pregnancy). I tried Eir live chat on their website this morning and was told to email their accountchange email address which I have done. As of yet, I have received no response.
    Hi traceymjmcl ,

Unfortunately, There is nothing we can do here, If you are looking to have a service installed by another provider I would reccomend you contact them directly.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your prompt reply. We have contacted Vodafone multiple times weekly since we applied for Broadband and they have told us that they cannot install until Eir release the line. The account with Eir is held by the previous tenant who owes money on the account. It has nothing to do with us as new tenants. I have seen several threads on here relating to this issue where waiting customers have had to bounce between Eir and Vodafone to get this resolved. Because this is obviously an issue that has arisen before, I am hoping that there is some policy in place to deal with it. I need to get to the bottom of this quickly. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭tphase

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your prompt reply. We have contacted Vodafone multiple times weekly since we applied for Broadband and they have told us that they cannot install until Eir release the line. The account with Eir is held by the previous tenant who owes money on the account. It has nothing to do with us as new tenants. I have seen several threads on here relating to this issue where waiting customers have had to bounce between Eir and Vodafone to get this resolved. Because this is obviously an issue that has arisen before, I am hoping that there is some policy in place to deal with it. I need to get to the bottom of this quickly. 
    I bet if you tried to open an account with Eir it would be resolved quickly :)
    You could cancel within the 14 day cooling off period and then get your Vodafone service set up

• Advertisement

tphase wrote: »
    Hi Thomas,

I bet if you tried to open an account with Eir it would be resolved quickly :)
    You could cancel within the 14 day cooling off period and then get your Vodafone service set up
    I had to resort to Twitter to get an answer from EirCare. Apparently I have to forward a copy of the tenancy agreement or proof of ownership to their accountchange email and they will then access the account and cancel it. It will be available within 24/48 hours for another provider to install Broadband. So after 5 hours of chasing through email, telephone, boards.ie and Eir Community, it was public tweets that prompted a professional response. Imagine that!!!

Advertisement