Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

IBT expiry

• 02-02-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭

What's the story with IBT expiring? My CoC says it'll be valid for 2 years.
    Basically, I passed my IBT last year but failed my A2 test. I gave up and stuck with my car but given the weather is picking up, I'd hope to get back into biking and get my full motorbike license.
    My IBT still has over a year left on it but if it reaches the 2 year point, can I get get it renewed or would I need to start from scratch and do the IBT again?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

Lockstep wrote: »
    What's the story with IBT expiring? My CoC says it'll be valid for 2 years.
    Basically, I passed my IBT last year but failed my A2 test. I gave up and stuck with my car but given the weather is picking up, I'd hope to get back into biking and get my full motorbike license.
    My IBT still has over a year left on it but if it reaches the 2 year point, can I get get it renewed or would I need to start from scratch and do the IBT again?

Pass your test before it expires or redo IBT if it expires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

If you are 24 before it expires, you could do a module 5 for the unrestricted A

True, & that would give you a new cert with two years on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Is that not only if you pass the a2 test?

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Is that not only if you pass the a2 test?

No, when you are 24 you can move up to category 'A' when you get your 'A' permit & complete module 5 on a category 'A' bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'm currently 25. Could I just do module 5 and get a 2 year extension?

Although that'd still cost me €400. Welp.

Lockstep wrote: »
    I'm currently 25. Could I just do module 5 and get a 2 year extension?

Although that'd still cost me €400. Welp.

Yes apply for your 'A' learner permit, complete module 5 & your new cert will be valid for two years.

400 euro for module 5 seems very expensive - shop around.

Advertisement