Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMod overreacting to posts in AH.

Options
  • 02-02-2015 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭

Can somebody tell me if the CMod who banned me for a week from AH is acting correctly?

The CMod cited "preaching" in the StevenFry/GayByrne thread and whacked me with a week's ban, same CMod banned me last week for 3 days for similarly airy-fairy reason of "trolling" because I made a comment about atheists. Each time for a single post!

I can't see why such heavy handed action is being used against me, I could understand if it was in the Atheism and Agnosticism forum, but I always thought AH seeks to promote some sort of fun discussion. I'm not being openly offensive or anything, but this particular CMod seems to want to stamp out any sort of opposing view?

Anyways, can someone take a look and see who's the bigger fool here:rolleyes:? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Firstly, you were banned by a mod of that forum. The fact that they are a CMod of the Rec category is unrelated.

The initial step in the Dispute Resolution process is that you discuss your ban with the mod to see if you can come to a resolution yourselves. Please confirm that you have done this. If not, then I would ask that you follow this step, & if you cannot come to a mutually agreeable resolution that you then come back here & I will take care of your appeal.

And I would strongly suggest that if you wish for your appeal to be taken seriously that you refrain from making such comments as "Anyways, can someone take a look and see who's the bigger fool here?" It does your case no favours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I have discussed it with the mod and he won't lift the ban, I pm'd him and he says the ban stays.

And I didn't mean anything bad by saying "bigger fool"..... in the big scheme of things this really isn't a huge deal, that's all.

I just think this particular Mod is being a bit heavy with the ban-hammer.

Thank you for confirming that you have discussed this with the mod. Please forward me a copy of the PM conversation so that I can review.

tHB

PMs received. Thank you. I will get back to you as soon as I have had time to review.

I have reviewed the PM conversation between you & the mod that banned you. I have also taken into account previous warnings that you were given.
    Essentially, you have been trolling After Hours for some time by making pseudo-religious declarations that serve only to rile other posters whom you see as “faithless” or subscribers to “faddish enlightenment nonsense” depending on whom you are addressing.

This upsets other posters, who in turn report your posts, which then require investigation by the Mod Team & basically we are now at a point where your carry-on is disruptive to the forum.

Humanji has warned you about this in the past by way of warnings late last year, a 3 day ban in January & a repeat offence in February that has now resulted in a 1 week ban. When you choose to ignore the warnings given to you the Mod Team have no other option but to ban you. I see no reason for overturning the ban & feel it important to point out to you that if you continue posting in the same vein that bans of increasing length will be applied.

You may, of course, appeal to the only higher power available to you on this site – The Admins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

You may, of course, appeal to the only higher power available to you on this site – The Admins.

That won't be necessary, thanks for the reply.

I'll pray for you and all the mods here :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement